• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who's willing to take a $25k hit on there car?

I agree with johndoh, everyone should tone it down a bit. We should be making friends not enemies.

I think that it is not correct to base the value of a past or future NSX on what happens with Ferrari values. As good as a NSX is it does not have the same history or mystic that the Ferrari has.

Back to the main topic. I think that the value of the current model is in the hands of Acura due to the price and performance of the new model.

What market is Acura going for? Are they going to stay in the same lower production rate of the higher priced market? Then the current model does not drop in value. If they opt to go for the Corvette market with a mass produced car with a lower price then current MSRP with a better performing car, then the current model car values will most likely go down depending on the MSRP the Acura sets for the new NSX.

TBT. This was a fun read from back in time when NSX's were still being made and when folk thought something new was around the corner other than a facelift. Post #3 hit the nail on the head.

nice revival....I often look back ....much to learn from extrapolation.

That was an interesting read. Without scrolling down, I looked at the date (year 2000) and was thinking if it was going to be about the new model 2002 (facelift) .

Last edited:
lol who knew? I wonder if GTR will one day go up in value like nsx did.

after 6 years of US sales they're sitting close to the total number of US NSX sales across 14 years. So they'll be more common, that's for sure. What that means in terms of values I don't think I'm qualified to say...

lol who knew? I wonder if GTR will one day go up in value like nsx did.
Technically, the NSX still hasn't "gone up in value". It is cheaper now than when it was new in most every instance that I can think of (Zanardi may be the only exception).

I strongly doubt that GTRs will ever be highly collected cars. Unmolested, low mileage GTRs may end up going for 50-75% of their original value in 20 years, but the typical GTR will be unlikely to hold any value.

That was an interesting read. Without scrolling down, I looked at the date (year 2000) and was thinking if it was going to be about the new model 2002 (facelift) .

I believe it is referring to the 2002 update. Did I read the thread wrong? I believe the unknowns about 2002 are what helped to make 2001 the poorest selling year in the U.S.

Back