• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why clog up the Gen 2 NSX's for sale with random Ebay ads?

I'm just curious, why overload and clog up the Gen 2 NSX's for sale section with cars on Ebay. Im sure none of the sellers are Prime members, care the slightest bit about the community and the listings are absurd. 99% of them over MSRP and being offered by resellers who know nothing about the cars. Just my thoughts

I'm just curious, why overload and clog up the Gen 2 NSX's for sale section with cars on Ebay. Im sure none of the sellers are Prime members, care the slightest bit about the community and the listings are absurd. 99% of them over MSRP and being offered by resellers who know nothing about the cars. Just my thoughts

All eBay nsxs are automatically imported into the website but there isn't a forum for gen 2 nsxs so I have to move each one manually from gen 1 to gen 2.

All eBay nsxs are automatically imported into the website but there isn't a forum for gen 2 nsxs so I have to move each one manually from gen 1 to gen 2.

But why import at all? Just curious, as I know you do so much for this forum and community already. Why waste time doing this?

But why import at all? Just curious, as I know you do so much for this forum and community already. Why waste time doing this?
I suspect part of it is the amusement he gets out of adding comments to the listing. I know that I personally have been enjoying his running commentary on the eBay ads :)

I suspect part of it is the amusement he gets out of adding comments to the listing. I know that I personally have been enjoying his running commentary on the eBay ads :)

Then Import away, Needless to say I have my own self gain at heart so who am I to talk.

The site automatically imports. It's the way lud set it up and I have no control over it. I don't like it because I end up policing eBay ads which are more difficult to verify.

The site automatically imports. It's the way lud set it up and I have no control over it. I don't like it because I end up policing eBay ads which are more difficult to verify.

Maybe a seperate subforum for EBay listings and regular ones. Just an idea.

I like the ad libs......Mike you are one of the few dealers doing the right thing.

I like the ad libs......Mike you are one of the few dealers doing the right thing.

And if someone wanted one, they wouldn't be able to find the ad. Thanks Doc, I never believed in selling cars over sticker. Dealers make enough money on them already.

At this point the only people selling gen 2 NSXs are dealers or people trying to flip them for profit, so there are no "real" private sale listings to flood out.

Once that changes I will probably filter them into a separate sub-forum like I do with the gen 1 ebay NSX listings. Speaking of which I see I need to tweak that import as it's also pulling in some 2017 ads to the 1st gen ebay listing section.

I applaud "The Kid" for msrp! Way to go for "real buyers/owners"

I've been an owner since 2004 and have made lifelong friends from the forum, half the reason I'd never sell my 99. I look forward owning a gen 2 hopefully next year.

Back