• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX buying experience, ONGOING...Update.

Awesome Johnny. These are going to be the longest 2-3 days in your life. I remember when I purchased my NSX six years ago and had to wait for it get shipped down to me. When I saw it being loaded off the truck I almost wet my pants. The best thrill is turning the key for the first time and hearing that sweet sound of all those valves and cams right behind your head.

Enjoy your NSX and welcome to the club. :smile:

Just one piece of advice. Try not to hang-out with too many NSXers who have modded their cars. It's contagious and you'll find out very quickly that your pocket has been picked. :biggrin:

Man you got patience.........Mine was sitting on the dealers lot and I almost died just waiting the two hours they wanted to prep it. You are going to be so danged happy..........Good luck and post pics.......Steve

DocL said:
Just one piece of advice. Try not to hang-out with too many NSXers who have modded their cars. It's contagious and you'll find out very quickly that your pocket has been picked. :biggrin:

Don't listen to him...join the rest of us Houston NSXers...just don't look at Ricky's supercharged rocket and you will be fine...:biggrin:

Thanks everyone!

Got a good call today. Tom who is transporting my car called and left a message. Said he will be in Houston TOMORROW afternoon.......I'm pumped.

I calculated where he is leaving from in the morning, and the only problem is, he wants to meet downtown HOUSTON AT 5PM. I'll be nervous driving it back.

Pics soon to follow.

JM

Wow- Good luck. I would have been way to afraid to do a deal like that. Way to many chances to be taken advantage of. I am glad it worked out for you, enjoy the car.

johnny010 said:
I calculated where he is leaving from in the morning, and the only problem is, he wants to meet downtown HOUSTON AT 5PM. I'll be nervous driving it back.

Pics soon to follow.

JM

Would you like a ride in my NSX to pick up yours? I can make myself available if needed...PM me if interested.

EDIT: Oops! :redface: Thought this was sent TODAY. Now I understand the traffic concern. SORRY! Hope to see you at the next Houston gathering...I think it's Paul's turn...:wink:

Sam

Last edited:
SB, thank you for the offer. I talked to Tom briefly on the phone this morning, and I told him my concern for the traffic. I told him to take his time and try and get here around 7pm. My cell phone has now gone out on me, so I am off to get another phone.

Not sure exactly how I will get the car. My girlfriend just so happens to also be moving here to Houston tonight, but don't think she will be here in time to take me to get the car. I have to deal with the issue of getting the extra set of tires back, so they won't fit in her car. I may grab someone from work and use a company vehicle.

I will put up some pictures tonight, hopefully around 9pm ct.

Thanks again,
JM

Well did you bring her home yet??????????

Here It Is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, I'm so stoked. My girl drove in from Corpus as she is moving here tonight. She actually beat me to the place I had the shipper meet me, Gander Mountain off exit 68, I45 N.

This car is friggin awesome. I love it so much. It is caked in dust as the guy in IL didn't cover it, and he didn't send it with the key fob.

Anyway, the car is smaller than I realized (had never seen one in person). With the Corvette next to it (in person), the Vette seems bloated. The NSX looks more sporty in my opinion.

The drive: it was great. Haven't quite gotten used to the clutch yet, but it accelerates fine. Not nearly as stong as her car, but didn't disappoint me one bit.

The stereo: yea, it sucks.

To sum it up, the car is more than I could have hoped for, I got an outstanding deal, and the only thing that needs attention is the front spoiler on the right side needs to have the clip reattached. Oh, and it needs a car wash.

Thanks to all those who hung with me on this one. It has been on hell of a Ride.

-JM

Attachments

• vettensx.JPG
    vettensx.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
...different views

...first newbie question, how do I make the dash lights brighter?

Attachments

• view.JPG
    view.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 177
  • view3.JPG
    view3.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 123
  • view2.JPG
    view2.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 123
johnny010 said:
...different views

...first newbie question, how do I make the dash lights brighter?

tiny knob under the odometer. Congrats on the new purchase! Nice red Baby! I must say I was quite worried for you for a while there. When I bought mine, I actually flew out to DC and picked it up personally, the guy wasn't getting my cheque until I see the title and the car. And it was a great ride home. One of the best in my life! Discounting the ones in bed, that is.:biggrin:

Congratulations and welcome aboard Johnny. We hope to see you at the next Houston area meet. Bluebonnets are in bloom and it's the perfect time to drive out somewhere and have a picnic.

Back