• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why I am selling my cherished NSX

Ken

Having owned a car for 20 years is a feeling I don't think I'll ever have experienced (but would want to with my NSX). Please do stick around the forums once you've sold.
Good luck and I look forward to meeting you in Japan.

Best of luck Ken and thanks for all the informative posts over the years. Just to bad you didn't do it 2 years ago when I was shopping for mine.....

I say just keep it!! :biggrin:

Best of luck, thanks for all the knowledge you've shared here on prime over the years.

Here's my prediction. Ken will be back within 5 years.

I wish you much happiness in the life Ken :smile:, you have great experience with the NSX, and this experiment will be useful has many of your friends of the forum and with new the owner, I hope that you will continue poster on NSX Prime:smile:
best regards

I sold my 1997 NSX for a stupid M5... the biggest and dumbest thing i ever did... i regret it and all i can think about is getting back into another nsx.

i've had this feeling after 2 weeks of owning the M5. and i've been looking for another nsx since....

Ken, don't do it! Rent a garage somewhere, put it there for a while so you can get used to the feeling of not seeing in your garage, then realize much you miss it... then go get it and bring her home again.:biggrin:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:-I never thought I would see the day. Good Luck Ken - I hope you stick around on prime.

Hi Ken,

I am very sorry to read this :mad:
I've always enjoyed your (many) posts and your informative answers.
Learned a lot from them.

And I am reading this now that I literally just cut the knot and bought another NSX for myself...

I think you will miss the NSX far more when it is gone than you are able to imagine now.

Here's my prediction. Ken will be back within 5 years.
I am not leaving this community! But I know what you mean. I don't know what the future will bring, of course. I will always have my memories of great times in this great car.

Ken, don't do it! Rent a garage somewhere, put it there for a while so you can get used to the feeling of not seeing in your garage, then realize much you miss it... then go get it and bring her home again.:biggrin:

I agree...

My father-in-law had a Cadillac Eldorado Brougham many years ago... (long story but he got it for $1) decided the car was too troublesome. His son and I pleaded with him to keep it (rent a garage, put it in a big bag filled with nitrogen)... but he traded it in on an Audi 100LS (one of the worst cars ever made) for $700.

keN... Don't Do It!!!

Ken I have not been that active myself the past 3 or so years. I had my first NSX for 5 years; I sold it to get a dedicated track NSX. Even though I had a track NSX I missed the weekend drives along the coast and in the mountains with a leather interior, radio, air con and the sound of a NA exhaust. Within a year I purchased my 3rd NSX... A '98 3.2 6speed.

Then I got transferred overseas. Both cars had been garaged for 3+ years. I came back late 2008 and now I'm getting back on the track and looking for places to go driving on weekends again.

The only other car I have felt a pure love of is the wide bumper series 911's of the 80's. I had a 81SC and still love the look and sound of them. I see one now days and say gee I should get another one... Then realise that my NSX's are faster, handle better, look better and feel better...

I've also had the opportunity to drive the latest F-cars, Astons, Porsches, etc and I am happy to get back in my NSX afterwards. There are just so many things that "suit" me about the NSX and it really does fit me like a glove... Like Honda custom made it for me!

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that after 10 years, I still feel like Honda got it right with the NSX and I love it. If I can still love the look and sound of the 80s 911's after 30 years, I just know that I'll love the NSX for just as long, even longer 'cause I know that it is better in every respect than the 80s Porsches. In 20years, I'll be retired and I won't be able to afford anything to replace them, but I hope I'm still driving them! I hope I'll be the old bald chap at the car club meets with the British cloth cap and goatee beard saying... You know son, they don't make them like this anymore... Have you ever driven a real car?... You know what a manual is sonny? .... :wink:

I know when I'm in my garage, that I have 2 of the best car ever made. And they will be the last cars I ever own... They will be passed down to my son... He loves my '88 Prelude and wants that to be his first car.... Well that car is 22 years old now and I've had it 13 years myself. Maybe my son will fall in love with my NSX's like he has my prelude and keep them as well. Who knows? I just know when I sold my first NSX; I regretted it, even though I replaced it with another.

If you do sell your NSX Ken, I hope you stick around on Prime because you’re someone who I respect everything you've ever written, you have a lot of experience and every bit of advice has been well worth listening to. I may not post as much as I used to, but I frequently look up your posts Ken, old and new! I hope one day to get back over to there to meet with you and some other cornerstones of the global NSX community....

Many local NSXers moved on from their cars. When it is time to let it go, it is time to let it go.

Just make sure you don't regret it later.

I have been a NSX owner since 2003 and I have always wanted one since I saw the picture of prototype in 1988. I'm going to keep that thing till the day I die.

Ken-

I know how special the NSX and the community have been to you, and I certainly know how special it has been to have you in our community as well. Best of luck with the sale and best wishes for whatever automotive path you choose to take.

(like others, I predict you'll be back for another hit of the NSX crack pipe sometime in the future. For all involved, I hope I'm right)

:smile:

Ken,

I've been here about a year and read many of your posts and have always found them informative and helpful. But, I don't get it - man - how did you ever stop driving your NSX? Why would you have an Intergra and since you do - why not sell it? You are gonna miss that car and after 20 years - all I can say is you must want another model NSX. I think secretly you have plans in the back of your mind to get another later.....am I right? Good luck and I'm glad you will still post!

Don’t say it’s so, and Mitch too!!!!!!!! It seems like yesterday that both of you were visiting us in Dayton for the NSX Buckeye Fly-In’s. Ken, even after you have sold it, please continue to educate the masses on the prime.

Bob
Zanardi #26

I meet Ken back in 1995 when I had my first of four NSX's. This was before NSX Prime and NSXCA.

I drove from Winter Park Florida (Orlando) to just north of Atlanta for the FIRST NSX meeting. We all meet up at an Acura dealer not far from Kens home.

I remember after the meet heading to Ken's house for a drink and some car talk with a few other NSX guys.

I have two hours of video (vhs) from the event and I watch it every few years.

I would have to say Ken is the biggest NSX fan of them all. Wei Shin being second.

It was great to be a part of the original crew.

God speed to you Ken!

First_NSX_meeting_atlanta.JPG

James R
Palm Beach Florida

Holy cow! I don't get over to this forum too often... but shock of all shocks, Ken is selling his car! Ken, no way.... it's not a car for you but a way of life. Perhaps your logic is correct - you're selling it because you're not driving it enough, but there's another way to solve that problem!

I owned my NSX longer than any car in my life - 8 years. It is one of the best cars ever built.... and many years ahead of its time. I still respect the hell out of Honda and what they accomplished with this car. But, shame on Honda for dropping the ball and not continuing to evolve such a wonderful product.

I moved on... I still look back on the NSX (and the great NSX community with fondness) - but Ken, I still think that you will have regrets. Keep it!

Best of Luck Ken!

I am glad I had the opportunity to meet you at the ALMS event at Laguna Seca. You helped me negotiate my car out of the pack of NSXs in the car corral. I am sure someday both of us will find ourselves driving another NSX. I miss having mine but don't regret my discision to sell it. Sometimes you have to give something up to pursue other interests.

Hope you stick around the forums.

Man I have never met you , but it somehow feels like I have. I bought my X in 1997 upon telling my wife at the time that I needed to get the speed bug out of my system 1 last time. Ummm that was 13 years ago. All I can say is be prepared for major withdrawal . When my son asks why I don't drive it as much anymore? Number 1, I have a company ride, but more important than that, It makes it that much more fun when I do. I hope someone in the "prime" community can get it and take of it as well as you did. Other than that, thanks for sharing your ownership experience with the NSXPRIME community.

Back