• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why I love the NSX!

----------------------------------

UPDATE: Of all days in the year...On my wife's birthday, I found my NSX! And my wife said I could buy it!

Interesting fact: I ended up buying the first NSX that I test drove! (similarly, I bought the first S2000 that I test drove). Note to self: Don't test drive anything unless I am ready to buy!

For now: I'm going to keep my S2000 and add the NSX to garage.

----------------------------------

Hello All!

I don’t own an NSX yet, but one day I will!

Thanks to the incredible generosity of a fellow NSX Prime member, I was able to test-drive the NSX last weekend.

My experience is a feeling that words can’t describe. But I will do my best to describe it here.

I would love to hear your responses as well!
What's your background/history, First Experience, What you don't like about the NSX, what you like about the NSX, why you LOVE the NSX?

Background:
* I’ve noticed the NSX since I was about 10 years old and saw the taillights on the freeway, was instantly attracted to it. I didn't find out that it was an NSX until much later
* I’ve owned a 94 Honda Accord Coupe (manual), 97 Prelude (manual), 2007 S2000, they are all great cars!
* I don’t think there is an other car I would rather own then the NSX (given a budget of ~$80k).
* I was close to buying a used NSX in 2007, but was still in school and needed a reliable car that had warranty, plus the S2000 is a heck of a car.

First Experience Driving an NSX.
(+) It looks WAY better in person than the photos on the Internet
(+) The way it feels when you sit inside is awesome!
(+) The way you feel when you drive it and the prestige of driving an NSX is something that words can’t explain.
(+) I drove a supercharged NSX and the power was more than I could ever want. I drove the Tesla P70 and C7 Corvette, and although they had more power than the NSX, I was still blown away by the NSX.
(+) The sound of the engine whine and intake followed by a surge of power is addicting. (I test drove a supercharged NSX).
(+) The stock stereo sounds good enough for me.
(+) Auto climate control is nice to have.
(+) T-top design is easy to put on and take off. Compared to the 4th Gen Supra that I vaguely remember.

Thing I didn’t like about it:
(-) Open T-top noise on the freeway with the window up is very loud; compared to my S2000 with the top down.
(-) The T-top was too hot for me to remove when the car has been in a sun for a while.
(-) all NSX needs a little TLC here and there since they are old cars.
(-) Stuff in the trunk gets hot from the engine.

Why do I dream about owning this car?
* It is legendary, it has a place in history.
* It gets noticed! (people stop for a second take!)
* It is fun to drive
* relatively inexpensive to maintain.
* It looks gorgeous, even today’s standards!
* It is unique/rare
* I fall in love each time I look at it.
* Resell value is great, almost like an investment, provided the value continues to climb.

98NSX-SC-01.jpg98NSX-SC-12.jpg98NSX-SC-13.jpg98NSX-SC-14.jpg98NSX-SC-15.jpg98NSX-SC-16.jpg98NSX-SC-17.jpg98NSX-SC-18.jpg98NSX-SC-19.jpg98NSX-SC-11.jpg98NSX-SC-10.jpg98NSX-SC-02.jpg98NSX-SC-03.jpg98NSX-SC-04.jpg98NSX-SC-05.jpg98NSX-SC-06.jpg98NSX-SC-07.jpg98NSX-SC-08.jpg98NSX-SC-09.jpg98NSX-SC-20.jpg

The hunt for my very own NSX has started! If you have one to sell, or see one that's a great deal, please let me know :)

Last edited:
Good luck with your search and welcome to the forum. Like what matthew mcconaughey said in the Lincoln commercial, I don't drive the nsx to be cool or to make a statement. I just like it.

It is not the most powerful, the fastest, the most well-recognized sports car or any of those. Where the NSX excels and stands out, is in the overall package - fun, reliability, looks, handling. I bought mine after nearly 20 years of thinking, test driving, reasoning...and I love every minute of driving it! I should have done it much sooner.

Thanks for sharing your excitement and experience. I hope you find yours soon! :)

All the best

Good luck with your search and welcome to the forum. Like what matthew mcconaughey said in the Lincoln commercial, I don't drive the nsx to be cool or to make a statement. I just like it.

Hello All!

I don’t own an NSX yet, but one day I will!

Thanks to the incredible generosity of a fellow NSX Prime member, I was able to test-drive the NSX last weekend.

My experience is a feeling that words can’t describe. But I will do my best to describe it here.

I would love to hear your responses as well!
What's your background/history, First Experience, What you don't like about the NSX, what you like about the NSX, why you LOVE the NSX?

Background:
* I’ve noticed the NSX since I was about 10 years old and saw the taillights on the freeway, was instantly attracted to it. I didn't find out that it was an NSX until much later
* I’ve owned a 94 Honda Accord Coupe (manual), 97 Prelude (manual), 2007 S2000, they are all great cars!
* I don’t think there is an other car I would rather own then the NSX (given a budget of ~$80k).
* I was close to buying a used NSX in 2007, but was still in school and needed a reliable car that had warranty, plus the S2000 is a heck of a car.

First Experience Driving an NSX.
(+) It looks WAY better in person than the photos on the Internet
(+) The way it feels when you sit inside is awesome!
(+) The way you feel when you drive it and the prestige of driving an NSX is something that words can’t explain.
(+) I drove a supercharged NSX and the power was more than I could ever want. I drove the Tesla P70 and C7 Corvette, and although they had more power than the NSX, I was still blown away by the NSX.
(+) The sound of the engine whine and intake followed by a surge of power is addicting. (I test drove a supercharged NSX).
(+) The stock stereo sounds good enough for me.
(+) Auto climate control is nice to have.
(+) T-top design is easy to put on and take off. Compared to the 4th Gen Supra that I vaguely remember.

Thing I didn’t like about it:
(-) Open T-top noise on the freeway with the window up is very loud; compared to my S2000 with the top down.
(-) The T-top was too hot for me to remove when the car has been in a sun for a while.
(-) all NSX needs a little TLC here and there since they are old cars.
(-) Stuff in the trunk gets hot from the engine.

Why do I dream about owning this car?
* It is legendary, it has a place in history.
* It gets noticed! (people stop for a second take!)
* It is fun to drive
* relatively inexpensive to maintain.
* It looks gorgeous, even today’s standards!
* It is unique/rare
* I fall in love each time I look at it.
* Resell value is great, almost like an investment, provided the value continues to climb.

View attachment 126044View attachment 126055View attachment 126056View attachment 126057View attachment 126058View attachment 126059View attachment 126060View attachment 126061View attachment 126062View attachment 126054View attachment 126053View attachment 126045View attachment 126046View attachment 126047View attachment 126048View attachment 126049View attachment 126050View attachment 126051View attachment 126052View attachment 126063

The hunt for my very own NSX has started! If you have one to sell, or see one that's a great deal, please let me know :)
Congratulations on making your decision to purchase an NSX! I agree with nsxto above...it isn't the fastest or most powerful car on the road, but it handles very well, looks great, and is a lot of fun to drive.

My advice would be to learn as much about the car as you can before you buy. Learn what the differences are between the different model-year cars (a '91 is significantly different than a '04). They're great cars but there are some issues of which you need to be aware. Do your homework, have a good pre-purchase inspection performed by a qualified NSX tech, and you'll be happier with your purchase.

BTW...I've always admired the S2000. Maybe I'll have one in the stable someday.

Of all days in the year...On my wife's birthday, I found my NSX! And my wife said I could buy it!

I am super duper excited to finally own an NSX!

Thank you everyone for all your advices and inputs!

For now: I'm going to keep my S2000 and add the NSX to garage.

Interesting fact: I ended up buying the first NSX that I test drove! (similarly, I bought the first S2000 that I test drove). Note to self: Don't test drive anything unless I am ready to buy!

Have a great night everyone!

Congratulations, I just ran into this thread and after reading the few negatives you pointed out, I was going to suggest a non targa (to late), beautiful car by the way and even the negatives can be converted in to positives, ex: keeping the top on @ all times is always an option and keeping lunch in the trunk (as long as it's not a cold sandwich) :smile:

Thanks Voodoo08. Yeah the red carpet has an inviting effect; it was a custom modification. OEM back carpet was swapped out for OEM red carpet.

Thanks Condumbwerkz! Yep, that's the one! It shall remain a BayArea NSX! I searched all over the U.S. for my NSX, and I end up buying the one that's less than an hour from my home; made things so much easier. Couldn't be happier!

Congrats! Funny, I also owned a prelude ('98) years ago, and I also still have my S2000. If you could keep both the S2k and NSX, you won't regret it. I love having both as they are both incredibly fun to drive. I just am more comfortable driving my S2k to SF or to San Jose as I really do feel my NSX attracts too much attention at times hehe. I drove back from SF on Sunday night back to Dublin with the top down...and it was so amazing to have a real convertible that night. So keep both!

Thanks rwdenthusiast! Wow you're in the Bay Area too!? How long ago did you get your NSX? Do you go to meets? I would love to meet you as well as all the other Bay Area NSX owners (such as condumbwerkz and many others!).

Yeah I want to keep both NSX & S2K: that's the plan for now.

Congrats! Funny, I also owned a prelude ('98) years ago, and I also still have my S2000. If you could keep both the S2k and NSX, you won't regret it. I love having both as they are both incredibly fun to drive. I just am more comfortable driving my S2k to SF or to San Jose as I really do feel my NSX attracts too much attention at times hehe. I drove back from SF on Sunday night back to Dublin with the top down...and it was so amazing to have a real convertible that night. So keep both!

First, [MENTION=20130]xDeLiRiOuSx[/MENTION], congratulations and welcome to the club! But this is getting a little weird. [MENTION=31579]rwdenthusiast[/MENTION], I too had a Prelude, '90 SI, before my GPW S2000, and I'm also keeping the S2000 to share DD duties with the NSX. I gotta wonder how many effin' people on this forum have (or have had) the S2K/NSX combo. A helluva lot from what I've seen. and yer right, it's a great combo with rather different but equally fun driving experiences.

Congrats!!!!
having both the NSX and S2000 is the best combo hands down
attachment.php

youll love the nsx and props for keeping the s2000 in your stable. Keep it if you can! My heart still have a spot with the s2000 and if i didnt have a parking issue ill keep it! Hopefully to get back into the s2000 once i get a house.

I followed the same cars that you had however differnt transmission lol

Started with a 94 accord sedan auto, 97 prelude auto, 05 Acura tl auto, 1990 miata manual, 2000 S2000. All left now and i have just the 05 tl and a 91 nsx manaual.

@xDeLiRiOuSx, I do live in the Bay Area! Wonderful place to own cars as there are so many fun places to drive in good weather. I do not participate in meets, other than drives with my family and friends who are also car enthusiasts. Attached is the drive I did last weekend (skyline route to SF), instead of my NSX, I took my '81 911 out on this drive (my cousin owns the red NSX in this pic). [MENTION=19241]ThaiT[/MENTION], I have a '91 Miata that I use for my daily driver to work--its a good time to pick up a S2K again..do it!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Driver 2.jpg
    Driver 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,246
I'm trying to keep the S2K, we'll see how it goes. I'm not used to owning more than one car. Makes me feel spoil, especially when others don't have even one nice car.

ThaiT, buy that house first! I held off on the NSX until after the house, and I'm so glad I waited. You already have an NSX, so enjoy that, but know that the S2K will be a part of your life again later. :)

rwdenthusiast, sounds like fun! Yeah, I certainly love the weather and roads in the Bay Area. I also like the NSX community in the Bay Area. Looking forward to meeting the people at upcoming meets! BTW: I like your car collection!

Damn, I've seen that NSX on CL as well. Super clean. Perfect color combo....Actually the best in my opinion. i love grey cars. Makes me want to trade my GPW for grey one.

Back