• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why most cars after the NSX is a let down

who knows when the prices will come down for the R8s. Just like the NSX its value holds VERY WELL.
I don't know how they depreciate in the USA. I live in a country next to Germany and their value already has come down by up to 55 percent for used ones. i'm speaking about two years old cars. :eek: The R8 will never ever hold it's value like the NSX did. :) It will always be a car for people who could not afford a L.....
Did I hear something similar in the past with the NSX? :D We all know it's not true. :wink:

You're right. GT-R is crazy fast and high tech but it looks like an A-1 Abrams!
And the 911 was my grandfather's favorite sports car. :biggrin:

I call BS Rich, your grandfather's favorite sports vehicle had four legs, one horsepower, and ate hay!!!!:biggrin:

Regarding the GTR.. yes it is awesome... yes it a performance beast.. but aesthetically, how can you go to a GTR from an NSX? :confused:

I think for some people, the appeal stems from the functional design and engineering they see in it, rather than pure form. I'm sort of like that. The GT-R doesn't look beautiful to me, but I would still get one for the engineering inside.

I think for some people, the appeal stems from the functional design and engineering they see in it, rather than pure form. I'm sort of like that. The GT-R doesn't look beautiful to me, but I would still get one for the engineering inside.

I would get it for AWD and make it my winter beater. :D

If someone MADE me replace my NSX, I would go with the R8 V8- not the V10- because I like the sound of the 8. I've always thought the R8 was the NSX's spiritual successor.

Damn GTR looks nothing more than a souped up Maxima.

Does this count? Not a replacement as I agree there is no better car for the money than the NSX which I drive more than the GT.

Attachments

• !Bbyr07Q!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-CcEquMQJf,OBK)qCt7KOQ~~_3.jpg
    !Bbyr07Q!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-CcEquMQJf,OBK)qCt7KOQ~~_3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 91
I've always been one to go through cars in the past, although not quite on the scale as some here like Porsches etc. after i bought my NSX recently my friend asked me "so are you gonna get rid of this one next year." i responded with "what am i supposed to replace it with, it doesn't get much better than this without spending some serious money." its definitely true theres not much better you can get for the dollar than an NSX. i think the r8 v8 would be a great choice when the prices come down, it seems like it has everything an NSX owner would want.

I wish I would have bought a couple of sports cars prior to the NSX, but instead I bought it first. I thought other cars would be even better. Unfortunately I was wrong.

Was just thinking about this the other day. If I ever sell my NSX, a comparable replacement from a price perspective will always be a let down. For example, 2002+ NSX's should fetch 45k+. Now, if you purchase another car around for around the same price (say m3, s5, non-turbo 911, etc), eventually these cars will depreciate and just look dated. The unique thing about the NSX is the timeless design and rarity. A more comparable replacement IMHO would have to be something like an F360, F430, R8, etc. So with that said, don't dump your NSX unless you have a true replacement. Thoughts?

You pose an interesting question and dilemma I've been stuck with for quite some time now....damn :wink:

Most cars depreciate so fast you'd swear you might as well just put it into the volatile stock market! My buddy has an AMG that is worth about 50% of the value it was a few years ago ~ just scary!

Even if you set the NSX entry price at $80k, few cars in the $80k range I would want these days. Up that price to about $160k and I have a few cars in mind but in this economy most sane men don't put that kind of money into one car unless you are truly wealthy.

So for me, I told my wife since I can't really mod my white NSX, it makes sense to buy a 2nd NSX for a DD to mod ;) j/k In reality I've just decided to mod other cars and leave my NSX alone for now.

rick

Back