• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why most cars after the NSX is a let down

Was just thinking about this the other day. If I ever sell my NSX, a comparable replacement from a price perspective will always be a let down. For example, 2002+ NSX's should fetch 45k+. Now, if you purchase another car around for around the same price (say m3, s5, non-turbo 911, etc), eventually these cars will depreciate and just look dated. The unique thing about the NSX is the timeless design and rarity. A more comparable replacement IMHO would have to be something like an F360, F430, R8, etc. So with that said, don't dump your NSX unless you have a true replacement. Thoughts?

Last edited:
So true....

The only car that could potentially create a swing vote is the Audi R8 if their prices come down. Other than that even 911's don't hold a candle especially as I've gone from an 2002 NSX to 06 911 and back to a 91 NSX.

Testament.

as of now the only thing i would (eventually will) replace my NSX with is a Lamborghini Murcielago roadster (Balloon white or Silver)

times change and so do cars... so this may change in the future but as of now...

as of now the only thing i would (eventually will) replace my NSX with is a Lamborghini Murcielago roadster (Balloon white or Silver)

times change and so do cars... so this may change in the future but as of now...

Great car is you have around 240k.....:wink:

I have thought about this as well. My next step would be a 360 or a F430, but I cannot afford maintaining either one. I like the performance of a GT-R and a 911TT but both are not "sexy" enough for me.

If I had to replace the NSX TODAY it would be with a 360, Evora, or R8.

R8 BLACK!:cool: Murdered out hehe

I have thought about this as well. My next step would be a 360 or a F430, but I cannot afford maintaining either one.

This is the reason I dont want either of those cars. I could maybe maintain one but go broke doing it lol. I always thought the R8 would be a great car to replace my NSX also. I just wonder how much it costs to maintain this car. I figure it would be pretty high V8 OR V10 version.

An MD buddy of mine just purchased the R8 and all I can say is OMG, however when the prices drop this will probably an addition to the collection not a replacement.

^That's weird. A friend of mine bought an R8 and didn't like it so he got rid of it shortly after. He now daily drives a GTR though. I'm sure if he had the V10 he would have kept it though. I guess the V8 would still be great bang for the buck if the prices drop.

I have thought about this as well. My next step would be a 360 or a F430, but I cannot afford maintaining either one. I like the performance of a GT-R and a 911TT but both are not "sexy" enough for me.

You're right. GT-R is crazy fast and high tech but it looks like an A-1 Abrams!
And the 911 was my grandfather's favorite sports car. :biggrin:

Agree with you 100% Synth... The ONLY replacement for me would be a 360 or something of the sort. I've struggled for the past few years in my mind trying to figure out what would even hold a candle to the nsx for the price/etc.

Which, is why I've completely redone my car 2 times in the past. What other options are really out there? Maybe some sort of hybrid/maybe a GTM, but it'll never have the factory finish or feel the NSX has.

And maintenance of a Ferrari or Lambo... :eek:

I always thought a Mosler would be a natural progression...looks like an NSX was bitten by a radioactive spider...

Mosler-3.jpg

I've always been one to go through cars in the past, although not quite on the scale as some here like Porsches etc. after i bought my NSX recently my friend asked me "so are you gonna get rid of this one next year." i responded with "what am i supposed to replace it with, it doesn't get much better than this without spending some serious money." its definitely true theres not much better you can get for the dollar than an NSX. i think the r8 v8 would be a great choice when the prices come down, it seems like it has everything an NSX owner would want.

I've always been one to go through cars in the past, although not quite on the scale as some here like Porsches etc. after i bought my NSX recently my friend asked me "so are you gonna get rid of this one next year." i responded with "what am i supposed to replace it with, it doesn't get much better than this without spending some serious money." its definitely true theres not much better you can get for the dollar than an NSX. i think the r8 v8 would be a great choice when the prices come down, it seems like it has everything an NSX owner would want.

who knows when the prices will come down for the R8s. Just like the NSX its value holds VERY WELL. If the R8 is like a successor for the NSX then its value would be worth the 10+ year wait, lol:rolleyes:

Don't know that i'll ever replace my nsx. I'd like to have an 05 one day. I really like the Audi R8 but it has the FSI engine and they seem to have a carbon buildup issue, to much money for a car with those kind of problems.

Honestly, it would be amazing if Honda allowed NA owners to do the Factory Refresh program and turn our NSX's into NSX-R's.

How amazing would that be? Add a SC and done!

I would gladly pay $50k to do that. New NSX and a better performer at that!

I have replaced my first NSX with a second NSX, then a vette, and now a third NSX.:biggrin:

Back