• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

why people sell their nsx???

Pretty exclusive car for that price, and I would hate to buy one new!

They got a 40hp boost in 09 from 380hp to 420hp by upping the displacement from 4.3l to 4.7l. The good thing is with modest mods like exhaust, intake, and ECU flash the 4.3l are getting to 415hp. They are one of the worst cars I have seen for depreciation, but they are a lot like NSX's in they hit a floor and stay there. You will not see any low mileage 06's in the 50k range for a while. For me I am looking at the 2007 as AM has a reputation of fixing their mistakes in the field and improving the bread by learning from customer complaints.

The Vantage takes a hit in the first two years, but the DB9 and DBS owners really take a beating.

Dave

Due to expanding family, having a different DD for me and for wife, mine is just sitting in garage and hasn't been driven in 4 months.
Now that I'm having engine issues, it makes the decision to sell it and move on to something else so much easier.

Due to expanding family, having a different DD for me and for wife, mine is just sitting in garage and hasn't been driven in 4 months.
Now that I'm having engine issues, it makes the decision to sell it and move on to something else so much easier.

You can always get a good deal on a Shelby GT500. :)

Sold mine a couple years ago because I needed the money to expand our business. But now I've replaced it with a mint 2004 VW Phaeton (magnificent) and a near-mint '71 Alfa Spider for the sunny days, with a lot of cash left over and no regrets. There are just too many interesting cars and too short a life to not explore a little.

I still check this forum to see what's going on. This is a great group of people :)

I still check this forum to see what's going on. This is a great group of people :)

+1.

I totally agree. I have been over Lambo-talk.com for over a month. Those guys over there are arrogant and they think they are on the top of the world. We have a group of diversity- young, middle age and old.

Sold my 91 due to wanting something newer.

Sold my 02 due to not wanting to pay for the clutch+tb+wp service

Cost of mods aside my NSX ownership has been the least expensive/most enjoyable of all the cars I have owned, inevitably I will be back.

Have an 08 997 C4S now and it is not the same :redface:

not even the ford gt????? Wow

Not really. I respect the car for what it is, but could not live with it on a daily basis either.
I personally know a few owners that more than one of them and none of them are daily drivers. Strictly weekend cars for some and others are just kept in storage for various reasons.
If you think the prices for basic items for the NSX are expensive, you haven't seen anything till you price out those items.
Example. Seats are sold in two pieces. The back half and the bottom half. If memory serves me correct, I have a customer wanting to buy both to keep in storage, I'm making him a really good deal on the pair and they are still going to sell for ~$14k.:eek:

I think it is about time to get something else. May be the NSX will be up for sale after the interior is done. I need NSX-R seats (Downforce), OEM NSX-R headliner, sunvisors, and black carpet, floormats to complete the interior. I have almost everything I wanted to try on this NSX. I am not sure why I am losing interest in it. It could be time to move on.

I have not decided what car I want next, may be an Ariel Atom.

Sold my 91 due to wanting something newer.

Sold my 02 due to not wanting to pay for the clutch+tb+wp service

Isnt selling the car a bigger hit than paying for that maintenance? Surprised you needed a clutch so fast, but even with the clutch, it seems like selling and then buying a new Porsche is a much bigger hit financially. The depreciation cost alone of buying the new Porsche is gigantic. I've sworn off new cars forever b/c of that (tired of losing 50% value in the first couple of years) Last new car I bought was my Toyota FJ Limited, but I plan on keeping that thing forever.

I sold my 1998 to get the 2003... Sold the 03 to get a 911 b/c I thought the back seats would make for a "kid friendly" sports car b/c at the time, the sports car was a near daily driver. That lasted about 3 seconds and the 911 was gone.

Just got back into sports cars now that it will be a 3rd car and weekend cruiser only, kid is approaching 3, living in the burbs now, etc. After test driving a TON of different makes/models, came back to the NSX :D

Last edited:
Back