• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why you should remove your tags from Microfiber Towels

Hey gang, I did a writeup recently on the importance of removing your tags when using microfiber towels on your paint. It utilizes the CD test which simulates what it would look like if used on your clear coat.

CDResults1a.jpg

The left side of the red line shows when you only touch the microfiber part of the towel on the CD, the right side is when you use the same pressure but with the tag of the microfiber.

Read the complete writeup here to find out how to minimize adding these scratches to your clear coat, which takes away from the overall finish of your vehicle.

George

This is good advice. The first thing I like to do is cut the tag off completely. It's pretty silly that the thing is even on there, considering the surface that the towel is intended for.:confused:

This writeup will explain the importance of why you should remove the tags of your microfiber towels (or purchase tagless towels).
I'll stick with the "or purchase tagless towels" option. Heck, I don't even know where to get one with tags - neither of the places I get my towels from (Detailer's Paradise in Denver & Sam's Club) have tags. BTW, the blue towel in the write-up looks EXACTLY like the ones at Sam's (but with tag added).

Back