• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why?!!

Saw this on the way home and grabbed a couple shots with my cell phone.
031408_14021.jpg

031408_14011.jpg

This could be the roll over $18k car with 50k miles from autotrader 1 year ago. Looks better now paint looks very mat.

This could be the roll over $18k car with 50k miles from autotrader 1 year ago. Looks better now paint looks very mat.

The pictures actually make the car look better than in person. Interior was badly weathered, and the Targa cover was all rippled and cracked. The owner...an older guy - said he had the conversion done several years ago. He asked me if I liked it, and I bit my tongue.

Good Question, it ruined a great car.

It was a valiant effort. I know its his car he can do what he desires, I hope he didn't ruin a good car, one less NSX.

For some people their only taste is in their mouth...

lets go easy on this guy.

personally its not my style but hey, everyone has freedom to do what they will.

some people think rice is ugly, or stock, or modified.

if honda made a stock convertable.... probably would look something like this. we would all be going ape sht about if we should get the covertable or the T top. :biggrin:

go easy :smile:

lets go easy on this guy.

personally its not my style but hey, everyone has freedom to do what they will.

some people think rice is ugly, or stock, or modified.

if honda made a stock convertable.... probably would look something like this. we would all be going ape sht about if we should get the covertable or the T top. :biggrin:

go easy :smile:

Nice job for what it is. Black paint helps sexify it. I wonder if he has a matching black soft top for it under that tonneau cover?

Maybe time to add a roll bar now that they frown on the convertibles? :biggrin:

I'm sure you do:wink:

Come on Vance, you know you want to chop the top!!!

JDM of course.. we'll ship yours to Kyoto for the conversion... as we can all appreciate the discriminating JDM purist's desire for the ultimate in Japanese excess and bliss- the elusive NSX-R spyder!!

As Ron said no need to be snide. Look. It doesn't matter what kind of car it is. Everyone is doing it these days, it is all the rage!!! I don't even know.. what doesn't it make sense on? I plan to do my fork lift next!!

Everything looks better without a top!
Chevrolet%20SSR.jpg

.. and no top doesn't mean slow top. Look at the S, or an F1 car, or even better...
112_0402_toty_006z+2004_chevrolet_ssr_pickup+top_front_right.jpg

Last edited:
if it came from the factory like that would it be an issue? to someone who dont know the NSX ---it looks stock to me..maybe Honda should have thought of it first....

with some new wheels it could be catchie....

i wouldnt do it to my car, but an owner could do what ever he likes.....

I can see only two more things it needs, 5 gallons of gasoline and a match.

what is this crap?:mad:

how old are you?:rolleyes: do you even own a nsx?

burn a nsx with many hours of hard work and love just cause it does not suit your taste?

grow up.

Im not getting the big deal here. Its almost certainly a rolled NSX. I dont think its a bad looking car and I agree that its the nicest convert I've seen too. A whole lot nicer than it would look in the junkyard. IMO

Back