• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will Cup2 tires be an option (versus all weather Contis)?

I don't see it in the configurator and the featured photos all seem to show Contis. And yet, in the early reviews they reference Cup2s as an optional tire choice (and vastly preferred).

I'm hope it is a no (or very low) cost option.

Anyone know? My dealer didn't have a clue but thought I might be able to specify tires in the "real" order system (in contrast to configurator).

Michelin is supposed to be a no cost option

My dealer said they can add that to the order

It is strange that the Michelin option wasn't included in the configurator

Thanks for info. I did notice confirmation of the website (but not configurator) that the "Maximum performance" tires (or something like that) were "optional."

I wish Super Sports were an option as they are surprisingly good on track and street, and the best dual use tire that I know of. I'm not familiar with the Conti 5Ps (I have Conti ExtremeContact DW on another car and they seem OK).

Agree that Cups are bit of a pain, are no good in the wet and don't last long--- but they seem like a more logical pairing for the NSX in areas with good weather.

If I end up tracking the car a bunch, I'll prob get another set of wheels. Otherwise I might get Super Sports (if available) after destroying the Cups.

I was also puzzled by the decision not to equip the Michelin Pilot Super sports, since they are available in the NSX sizes. I'll probably switch to those once the Contis wear out.

I chased a white one in the canyons and it had the Contis. My current NSX has the PSS's which are the best all around sporty tire I've ever experienced. The new NSX has an incredible amount of grip. It was actually rather impressive trying to keep up with it even on the Contis.

Were you in your RS4 at the time? ;-)
IMG_20160207_184257_zpsqmbdqk3r.jpg

Back