• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will the TLX get a 6-speed?

After a horrible hailstorm in my area, I find myself in the market for a new vehicle. I've always preferred manual transmission cars, but they seem to be getting harder and harder to find. I'm not a big fan of the last generation TL, but I really like the looks of the new TLX, and the AWD is a big plus - but no manual transmission.

Acura has a habit of introducing a new or redesigned model, then adding a manual to the lineup after a year or two. Does anyone know if Honda has any plans to add a manual to the TLX?

Thanks,

Steve

I hate to say it but I think we are a dying breed my friend. I don't think Acura is going to put a MT in their new car. Not enough demand.

XPOers who will be going to the factory tour > this should be one of the questions to ask...

Reviews for the TLX in the most recent car mags give it thumbs up but the lack of a manual tranny will keep me away.

Last edited:
Both the TSX and TL that preceded the TLX had manual transmission options, so it's possible... just not likely unfortunately.

No manual is slated to be offered. The TL 6 speed came out a year after production so you never know but I doubt it this time.

I have a tlx loaner..wow 9 speeds..at 95 mph I'm only at 3k rpm...nice car all around

saw one the other day on the road and i thought it was a great looking car.

imo acura's lineup of the tlx, mdx, 2015 nsx are very nice. hope they bring back the honda magic from the 90s.

I have a tlx loaner..wow 9 speeds..at 95 mph I'm only at 3k rpm...nice car all around

it has pretty good grip, suspension takes a decent set on the sweepers,brakes work well.....good driving position....only gripe is I don't see a auto manual mode meaning if i use the paddles the trannie still shifts on its own and it won't hold my gear??

you're not the only one. it actually makes good sense re hybrid for a lot of the daily commuting coffee run/walmart/bumper-to-bumper driving. i love my hybrid for this sort of stuff.

Most of the reviews i've read tells me the 4 cyl DCT is better. Has anyone tried the 4cyl?

These days.. personally speaking... i've been more interested in the Hybrid and Electric commuter car offerings. What's happening to me.

I was at Escondido Acura getting a free inspection on my TL, took a look at the TLX they had in the showroom. It looks pretty nice, just a bit smaller than my 02 TL. Interior is remarkably similar with some updates. I like the size as i feel my TL is a tweener sizewise.
Styling is a bit weak, but not bad; very subtle.
Miner

I don't like the "two screen" look that Acura's have been sporting on the center dash for the last few years. I was hoping it would be gone with the TSX, but it's still there.

Doubt they will, Though I did test drive the TLX Advance package (came with the SH-AWD) and will probably buy a TLX Advance package. The salesmen told me that Acura plans on having all their cars standard with SH-AWD by 2017. FWD for Acura will be a thing of the past. I agree the 3rd pedal and stick shift will be a thing of the past. :frown: Guess the NSX will be the only car left I can heel-toe in.

Back