• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window not closing

My passenger side window does not go down all the way. About a half inch of the window still shows above the door. It annoys me to see that. The dealer told me if it's adjusted down will it affect the seal at the top. Is that true?

Chuck,

What year is your car?? I am not sure if there are any changes to the window mechanism after 1991 (besides the change for the plastic exploding "thingie") but you can look on-line here at the service manual to better understand the adjustment procedure. Go Here: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991_svcman/1991servman.pdf Page 20-13 in the "body" section.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry, It's a 97 NSX-T. I actually printed out that info from the service manual, it might help. But I guess I need to know if I can adjust "down" position of the window without adjusting the "up" position. There is no porblem when it's all the way up.

Chuck,

I just had a more carefull look at the manual. Sorry to say, but there appears to be no bottom "stop" adjustment for the window. What may be happening is that the window guides are set too wide apart and the window is tilting and binding in the window tracks. Just a guess.

HTH,
LarryB

Originally posted by MYNSX:
Idiot.(the dealer,I mean)
Go to someone fluent in the NSX.
Dealers are "Usually" not the best answer

That depends. In most areas, dealers know a lot more than anyone else about the NSX. Granted, some dealers are better than others. But I can only think of a few places in the entire country where there's an independent mechanic who does more NSX work than the local dealers.

Back