• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window Regulator tour in Vancouver

Hi Vancouver members!
Anyone interested signing in the "Window Regulator Tour"?
I will be in Seattle this week fixing windows, and probably also visiting Vancouver

Just let me know if you do...

my phone number is 415-939-9437

Cheers
Hugo

Some of you have asked me about cost and time: it takes about 1h30/car for both windows, price is 100$ for the parts and 200$ for the labor for a complete job (or 125$ if you remove the doors panels yourself)

The "kit" consists of a pulley to replaces a fixed plastic part reducing most part of all cable drag, and a metal sleeve that rebuilts and improves the motor plastic axle...

I intend to be in Vancouver during the weekend...

Put this together guys. I bought a set of Hugos regulator fixes while I was at NSXpo. I'll be installing them when I get back, as my windows are sloooow!

I am in Vancouver/Burnaby...and interested! Lets do it!

OK, I will get it done as well, we will have to organize this, I will call Hugo tomorrow.

Hey boy's, I got a hold of Hugo and made plans to do several cars here at my house in Richmond(which is some what central and a long his way). 2 car garage and I can fit 4 more in the driveway. we are planning to do a time schedule so you won't have to wait around. please text or call my cell 604 916 7426 to make time arrangements.

Ric.

How much time does it take for your windows to go up guys?

With the engine on, mine is like 5.3 secs

D

after hugo's fix,my windows go up in about 3.5 sec.
i'm glad i had it done.it also may make them less likely to break in the future.
have fun ,guys

3.5 sec's sound good to me!

Ok boys, Hugo's arrival is Saturday 9 am and will start on my car. The next available slot is noon. Please call or text to make time arrangements and address info. If you plan on taking off the door panels yourself, do it tonight to save some time.

5:30-7pm - huck-jai

Hi guys!
What takes time is the door panel removal, so if you do it yourself you can all arrive at the same time, no need for time slots!
The regulator modification (my part of the job) takes only 10minutes

I think Hugo doesn't want to spend all weekend in Rich/Van doing this is what he is getting at. I might be wrong though.

Why don't we let him pick one or two time slots (one earlier and one later) and we all meet together and do it as a group/groups. That way it won't take his whole day.

We can all take off our doors (with help if needed of course) together.

Just a suggestion, but it's up to him really.

If not, I will take the 4 slot

Dennet

I think its better to do time slots. that way he can focus on one car at a time and he's not pressured to rush. If you get here earlier we can help in the removal of the door panels. All is welcome at anytime.

only 12(noon) is available for Sat. on Sunday he will be stopping by Wil's shop for several more cars if you are around that area

Last edited:
You are right Dennet, I have never been in Vancouver, so the sooner we get it done the better! Like I said I just need 10 minutes to modify each regulator.
We can have 2 sessions one in the morning starting at 9am and the other starting at 2pm, but no time slots please as if someone gives up or gets delayed for any reason, i do not wish to "loose" 2 hours just waiting for the next one.
See you all tomorrow!
Hugo

ok i'll let everyone know about no time slots. I thought u needed 1.5 hrs per car. All good..now time to remove door panels! I know that 2pm works best for Vikas.
for address info please call my cell. 604-916 7426

ok here's an update...Hugo just finished my windows and it runs real smooth and fast. it does take about 3.5 secs and seems like its brand new with a fraction of the cost. I highly recommend this to the all the locals. It took him 45 mins. to install with the door panels already removed.

Ric.

Back