• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window regulator upgrade kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did this, since my driver side window was still as slow as before Hugo's pulley upgrade. Some pics of the glass guides:

Top: Dirty, bottom: cleaned

Look at that crap. It wasn't grease anymore, more like STONE. Not even rubbery, just SOLID:

Cleaning:

Cleaned:

Then regrease with urea grease. Now everything works fine! A quick way of checking if you need to clean and regrease: While the regulators are out, hold the window with one hand, remove the tape that holds it up and move the window by hand up and down the guides. It should move unhindered. Any binding, and you need a clean and regrease. The process of getting the guides out was not that exhausting. Front and rear sash off, window out, guides out :smile: The manual comes handy here for details. Took maybe 2-3 hrs per side, most was cleaning time.

I recommend a window alignment afterwards.

I took out my window rails and cleaned them before Hugo came out with his pulley fix. I do believe that the source of the problem is the caked grease on the tracks. The pulley upgrade is a great solution to overcome the friction of the grease and his pulley works in most cases. It is also easier to install than to remove the window rails. However, I prefer to solve the problem at the source.

Silicone spray works well to remove the grease from the window tracks. I tried using engine degreaser and brake cleaner, but they did not work as well.

As for the window alignment, kept track of the number of turns it took you to remove the alignment bolts. The best way is to use a black sharpie and draw a cross-hair on the bolt. Put an arrow on the bolt pointing up. This will allow you to keep track the number of turns. Write them down on a piece of paper. This should help to get the glass close to where it was before.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from Hugo recently? I haven't heard from him since April and I was wondering about the status of an order.

I was kinda wondering about this deal too. Are the ready-to-go kits still available for sale?

Hi! No worries guys, I just had to order a new batch of parts to build more kits (the laser cut stainless ones and the Teflon guides). I ordered enough counting with the ones for the 2012 regulator tour accross the route 66 this year, so I will have kits for the next months.
Truth is I ran out of kits 2 weeks ago, I wasn´t expected to many orders at the same time.
Then of course my NSX twin build project delayed my response, but everything as been shipped last week, there are no more pending orders

Kits are again available for immediate shipping now

^^^ Glad to hear this!

We might be needing a few sets here in the Dallas area...Jason wants to hold a tech session about installing these specific upgrades!

Is there any consideration your could offer if we buy a multiple quantity for the tech session?

Excelent, Fast, good comunication, Perfect :biggrin:

Thank you Hugo!

Remi-Spain

^^^ Glad to hear this!

We might be needing a few sets here in the Dallas area...Jason wants to hold a tech session about installing these specific upgrades!

Is there any consideration your could offer if we buy a multiple quantity for the tech session?

I'd be in for this.:biggrin:

Hello HugaBuga,
I am interested in the teflon guides for my regulators. Do you have these made and in stock for delivery? Please contact me to discuss, thank you.

Sorry guys, I've been so busy with my twin build project that I forgot to check this window kit section for sometime!

GBL1 we can surely work something out, how many do you need? I might even attend that window party if it is in September after the NSXPO and if you need me

My PM box is now empty!
I have available kits for immediate shipping yes, just pm me and you'll get yours

For the tools, you first need the tools to take your door cards apart and remove the window regulator. Then to install the kit itself, you'll just need a 31/64" driller to enlarge the diameter of the cable reels, and a small clamp to re-tight the cables.

I will check this thread more often now that my project is almost over

GBL1 we can surely work something out, how many do you need? I might even attend that window party if it is in September after the NSXPO and if you need me

Let me check with Jason about this window party tech session....where, when, how many, etc... and get back with you with more details.

Wish I could attend, but at this point, I do not have plans to go to NSXPO this year...wanna save my pennies for Formula One in Austin! (when's NSXPO coming back to the Texas area anyway? :) ). I'm thinking we'd be holding this in the Dallas area, not where the NSXPO will be. Would you be swinging through Dallas?

Hugo, please come through Texas! Make it Austin in October and I think we are having a TX wide NSX event so we can coordinate something if you are interested.

I am rebuilding my NSX that I just built, so I am probably going to need one these. So these are just the guides not the actual regulators correct. I will be pming you for a set.

I would like a repair kit, please let me know how much it is. I tried to pm you but your mailbox is full.

I would like to order one when I tackle my window regulators. Let me know when and where to send payment

Hi sorry guys, I had too much work trying to get a few days off to be able to go to the NSXPO this year that I even had no time to check and free my PMbox!
PMbox is cleared now, I believe all pending kits have been sent!

As I am not going to NSXPO this year due to work, I now have a lot of kits ready to ship, that were reserved for the NSXPO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back