• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

window staining

my side and rear windows seem stained, as if bird crap or paint has spilt on them, been washed off but still stained......I have tried all defferent grades of polish and compound, but to no avail.....anyone have anything that will help me?

Before I go and buy a new pass side window....like an a**hole.....

PS7

Hi,
I succesfully used the 3M cleaner clay (38070) for this. (Results were a lot better than the "toothpaste-treatment".)

are you polishing by hand or machine?
I would try what ever clay you hv or can find locally. You can also try a paint cleaner like klasse AIO.
If they don't work there are glass polishes/kits for rotary or even drills that can take out minor scratches.
can you feel it or are they water spots/etching?

Thanks you for your prompt response.

I can't feel it its etching/staining only. I have only polished by hand, i've never heard of the 'toothpaste' treatment or the clay you speak of!
So please, please speak to me like I know nothing other than a basic wash and wax with turtle wax.

Regards

PS7

Thanks you for your prompt response.

I can't feel it its etching/staining only. I have only polished by hand, i've never heard of the 'toothpaste' treatment or the clay you speak of!
So please, please speak to me like I know nothing other than a basic wash and wax with turtle wax.

Regards

PS7

I would try clay magic which you can find at your local autozone for about $10. If that doesn't work (you can always use it on your paint) you will have to try something more abrasive. I hv used this system on scratched windows and it does work on my metabo rotary. If you hv someone local with a PC or rotary polisher I would talk them into looking at it first. Did it show up one day or has it always been there?
Can you post a picture? Where are you located?
Is it opaque like paint or transparent?

I would definitely give the clay bar a try. Meguiar's sells a kit, there are others available as well at AutoZone, etc. I was showing a buddy the use of clay on his early 90s Audi and he asked what could be used to get what appeared to be water spots/etching off the windows. We gave the clay a try and it did the trick. Follow the instructions on the package (in this case you should be able to use a window cleaner for a lubricant rather than detailing spray.)

As the previous poster mentioned it can't hurt and you can always use the clay as part of your normal detailing regimen.

I had hard water spots on my Odyssey that neither clay nor hand-applied window polish from Griot's Garage would remove. Then Vytas "NSX Detailer of the Stars" Banionis used the window polish with his electric random orbital polisher and...voila, all the spots completely gone!

Guys

I'm in Ireland. I've never heard of clay except for building huts and we don't have autozone!

We do have meguirs though, i think it is readily available, and i can get access to various polishing tools via paint shops etc.

Hopefully next week I can go out and try some of these things. Thank you for all your advice, there aren't meny nsx's over here......plenty of cows and grass though....

I'll try some of your ideas and post results. Thanks again, and if there sis anything else, let me know!

Regards

PS7

Back