• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window stuck!!!

About a month ago I rolled my drivers side window down and as it got near the bottom it sounded like it was binding, so I instantly hit the button to roll it up and it stopped about halfway. Later that week I pulled the door panel off and started checking things out. I didnt notice anything out of the normal like broken parts ect.... so I lowered the window back down and it went down but then it only rolls up halfway and feels like its binding, so I pushed up on the window and it got past the stuck point and rolled up. So now I think maybe the rails/tracks need to be lubed so I get out my synthetic grease and start lubing them up. I lower the window down again and it goes down no problem but still gets stuck going up at the halfway mark unless I grab the top of the window and pull up and then it goes all the way up. One last thing, if you roll it down about 6-8 inches it rolls up with no problems. Maybe window regulator?
Thanks in advance.....

Last edited:
my driver side was like that. I took out panel and greased the rail a bit. it work better now. When I have time, I will take it out and see if I can fix the issue. I believe it's the guides that are worn down. I'll get some teflon one and see how that work.

Back