• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

window works fine with door panel off?

I have a 98, so these windows haven't been re-greased in some time.
After a long time of dealing with slow driver window, I removed the door panel.

I didn't lube or adjust anything. Before trying anything, I was raising/lowering the window to better understand ease of access to the track. Window now goes up 300% better with the only change being the door panel removal. It goes up and down in about 2 seconds.

Since the door panel is off, I actually ran my fingers up and down the rear track checking for any clumps of debris. Aside from having a finger tips stained with honda grease, I didn't notice anything

Any idea why the door panel is hindering upward movement?

Take a look at the top of the door panel. If I remember right there is a weather seal that lays next to the window. That is going to cause some drag as the window goes up and down. You may want to clean this seal with a clean rag and warm soap and water. Maybe the outside seal too.
Brad

Did you have your door open or closed when you tried this? If you did it while it was open it was likely due to not having the drag of rubbing against the window seal.

^^^ I'd go with that, there is little in the way of contact beween window and door panel, the rubber strip stays on the door when removing the panel.

If you want to fix your windows - do the Hugo upgrade, REALLY.

Back