• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windy City BBWCCA HPDE @ RA

Whos doing it?

I am paid.

For those who are not members, and are interested, PM me, and I will give you more info. This is the highlight of my year, to do this event. Even if you don't want to participate, come as a guest. You will be hooked just by watching. First time participants, I warn you. After you do this event, you will be addicted, and it will only go downhill after that!!!!! Your first year will be 1 event, then 3, then 6 etc etc. Look what happened to Mark B!!!!!! :biggrin:

Apps mailed in......

Tom-adv (NSX)
Steve-adv (NSX)
Ken-instruct (ITR)
Sean-novice (NSX)
Chris-intermediate or adv? (ITR)
Ryan-intermediate or adv? (NSX)
BrianK-novice (NSX)
Zanardi-instruct (NSX)
BryanH-instruct (NSX) I am guessing he will be there?????
DaveB-adv (NSX) can't make it other obligations this year

Last edited:
I'd love to be able to more hpde, last years was my first and it was a riot, however I just bought a lot for building a new house and that just added an extra $500 a month to my budget until my house sells and I can pay it off and build a new house. If I have some great sales this summer I'll hopefully be able to afford doing two CGI events, that's my goal until I'm settled in a new residence.
Hopefully I'll get through this season on my current set of tires, hence why I'm hoping to win a set at the spring fling (assuming I've got money to go). :tongue:

I hope to be able to make it. I have to check a few upcoming events, but it looks good so far.

Just filled mine out and sending it out tomorrow.

nsxtasy said:
I will be instructing there, so maybe one or two of you will be my vict... I mean, will be my students. :D

Ken's teaching me at my hpde could be described as "foo foo", don't let him scare you.... :biggrin:

AaronR said:
Like the VTEC song says:
"if it ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car!" :biggrin:

. . . and if it ain't a tight car then it ain't a type R!

I love that song. The album should have gone 'faux carbon fiber' by now.

nsxtasy said:
Probably the ITR.

Umm, so, why?

I'll probably be there too. Sorry in advance if the burning oil burns your eyes on the straights.

Maybe they'll let me into the Advanced group, I had a lot more fun at Mid O when they bumped me up, and I've been to RA a couple of times before.

Chris F said:
Umm, so, why?

I'll probably be there too. Sorry in advance if the burning oil burns your eyes on the straights.

Maybe they'll let me into the Advanced group, I had a lot more fun at Mid O when they bumped me up, and I've been to RA a couple of times before.

Chris,
I believe I saw you last year if I'm not mistaken. Is your Integra White? If so I thought I had you timed in the 2.40's was that you. I must say your car got up the hill from 5-6 faster than most other cars running that day pretty impressive.

NSX 3.0 said:
Chris,
I believe I saw you last year if I'm not mistaken. Is your Integra White? If so I thought I had you timed in the 2.40's was that you. I must say your car got up the hill from 5-6 faster than most other cars running that day pretty impressive.

I was at Oktoberfast 2004, Sept 24/25, Badger Bimmers if I remember correctly. If that's the event you're talking about, I was there. :) I'm sure some of my laps were 2:40's, I found three digital pics my wife took, ran laps of 2:50 and 2:54 in some traffic, random laps so who knows.

Traffic was pretty hard that day.. pesky bimmers. :) Any chance you know the Red NSX? I saw him at Blackhawk farms earlier in the year. Street tired.

wNTgwNTEzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNTgwMzU1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

T Bell said:
That might be Dave B. in the NSX.

Steve may know for sure.

Chris I gotta meet you, You and I as far as I know the only ones ever (not including Pierre K.) to lay the smack down with a Teg @ RA!! :wink:

Yeah, you were flying with that GSR. I remember being pretty stunned. I can't imagine how all the expensive German car drivers felt.

-Chris

T Bell said:
Whos doing it?

I am paid.

Paid? Crap, that means registration is already open, eh... I guess I gotta get registered too.

(I'm in..)

-Chris

[EDIT: Boooo... wussy Windy City bastards running the boot thing instead of the kink.... better than a radar gun and 80 MPH speed limit ;) I don't REALLY mind, but the kink was starting to get more fun and less ass-puckery]

[EDIT #2: Boooo.. $395?? Prices have gone up... that won't keep the Honda riff-raff out though.]

Chris F said:
5'11, grey hair, maybe 55 years old or so? If I remember correctly... Saw him at Blackhawk earlier in the season (July)

That is Dave. Mark is mid-30s. His NSX runs track rubber.

Chris F said:
5'11, grey hair, maybe 55 years old or so? If I remember correctly... Saw him at Blackhawk earlier in the season (July)

That's Dave Borgetti super nice guy.

T Bell said:
That might be Dave B. in the NSX.

Steve may know for sure.

Chris I gotta meet you, You and I as far as I know the only ones ever (not including Pierre K.) to lay the smack down with a Teg @ RA!! :wink:

Here is a better picture of that oil drinking heap getting hauled out of my driveway by your buddies... :biggrin: :biggrin: I think it liked getting hauled to the shop. :biggrin: :biggrin: sorry couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Back