• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Women With Tattoo’s……..

....almost all of the "women" that appear on Jerry Springer have tattoos.....

One prime example of tats making an attractive woman less appealing is Megan Fox from Transformers.

She has quite a few tats and they were all airbrushed out. If you've seen pictures of her with them, you may understand. Just check out this page and click through her pictures
http://www.meganfoxy.com/gallery/2007-mtv-movie-awards/

Good question. I'd like to see a poll by age. I'm sure most of us old farts don't like them and the current generation does. But the question is: at what age the shift occurs. Early 30's, mid? late?

Had 28 YO son of a friend with a big fresh one all down one arm tell me he likes the pain of getting it done. :confused: What % of ink people like that part of the deal?

For women it depends on the tattoo, placement, style and attitude of woman in question.

I enjoy the pain of tattoos as well, but i also used to be a fighter. Hmm pattern?:biggrin:

I feel one should do whatever they want where it does not show; but getting them on your face, neck, hands, etc., where one can't hide them, as far as I am concerned sets the ceiling at short order cook, etc. How does someone with face/neck/hand tattoos expect peopleto take them seriously? I personally am not crazy about "body art".

my father said the same about earrings. If you cant take someone seriously beyond looking at ink, then i couldn't take them seriously either. (yeah i have a lot of tattoos) :biggrin:

Permantant reminder of a temporary feeling.

And for God's sake if they get a tramp stamp on the small of the back, why can't they at least get a Crossword Puzzle so I have something to do!

my father said the same about earrings. If you cant take someone seriously beyond looking at ink, then i couldn't take them seriously either. (yeah i have a lot of tattoos) :biggrin:

I don't have tattoos, but I agree with you. If someone makes such a huge judgement based on the presence (or absence - it cuts both ways) of skin art, then I question their judgement.

We all make choices, the choice I make is to hire people to represent me that do not have such things visible while at work. The choice they made, when they did whatever they did that is always visible, (as I described in my response above), was to miss out on some excellent paying employment/career opportunity.
So yeah life is about choice, responsibility and the natural consequences of one's actions. So make those decissions when you are not a .20 BAC.:smile:

We all make choices, the choice I make is to hire people to represent me that do not have such things visible while at work.
"Visible" being the key word. I had a friend who was tatooed all over her body -- but not above the neckline, and not on her hands. She worked at a law firm in San Francisco, and wore high collars and long sleeves, and looked absolutely professional. But on the weekends it was tank tops and bare midriffs, and her hair all punked out.

I work in IT, and so we tend to be a bit more forgiving on body modifications. I still think most tattoos are pretty dumb, however. What's cool when you're twentysomething is going to look ridiculous and stupid when you're in your 50s.

I don't have tattoos, but I agree with you. If someone makes such a huge judgement based on the presence (or absence - it cuts both ways) of skin art, then I question their judgement.

I'm not religious, but i like to encourage tolerance. Nice to hear someone else feels the same.:biggrin:

I'm not religious, but i like to encourage tolerance. Nice to hear someone else feels the same.:biggrin:

Im tolerant, but also a business person, if I feel someone with tattoo sleeves might potentially affect my clients view of my business, then you aren't getting hired. Sorry but my clients come first and not your freedom of expression, because they in the end, they are the reason for my paycheck.

But then again it works both ways, it would be strange to see someone in a business suit and no tattoos working in a tattoo parlor.

damned if you do and damned if you dont...weeee. :tongue: :smile:

Im tolerant, but also a business person, if I feel someone with tattoo sleeves might potentially affect my clients view of my business, then you aren't getting hired. Sorry but my clients come first and not your freedom of expression, because they in the end, they are the reason for my paycheck.

But then again it works both ways, it would be strange to see someone in a business suit and no tattoos working in a tattoo parlor.

Couldn't agree with you more. If they were a developer and locked in a room where my clients would never see, no problem. If they are someone who MIGHT EVER need to meet with one of my clients/potential clients, no thanks. I'm in a similar boat with my long hair. My investors don't take me to a lot of client meetings or trade shows and for the most part I work behind the scenes and I have no problem with that. In fact I'm happy with that arrangement.

cause of problems in the world, money over people.:wink:

tattoo work is sort of like hair styles. there are good ones and bad ones. my wife has two and i have a large 1/2 slv finishing on part of my chest.
i guess it is really subjective. some people like mullets so some people probably love tribal tats and barbed wire bands.
i stick with japanese work and my wife has old school. classic is the way to go for me because i think the work will still be attractive in a decade.
to the guys that like the pain....don't understand that. it hurts like a mofo and i can sit for about 6 hours before i say uncle. i guess the pain is different for each person.
i also waited for 20 years before i got my work.
God knows what dumbass work i would hv picked in my 20s:redface:

I have no piercings, no tattoos.

I'll get tatted up and pierced only when I'm worth $1 billion, maybe even more than that, because only then will I not care what other people think.

If you're female, low income and depend on other people's perception of you to make money (eg most people), then getting tattooed up is risky, and imho, disadvantageous.

I would've let it go with just the thread title, but every poster in this thread got their apostrophes wrong (except Raza76). That took it over the top :biggrin: .
This made me laugh too. :D

I sort of have a tattoo.... I was at Lowe's back in Feb buying some plywood. I had an employee cut it and and as I was putting the cut piece onto the cart, a GIANT splinter went deep into my middle finger and broke off. It was from the edge of the plywood which was painted blue. I had to dig it out with a razor blade and tweezers when I got home. I now have a blue spot inside my finger where the splinter was.

Back