• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wow...Are NSX prices falling?!?!

The car could have a story. If you look at the first picture you can see that the fender liner screws are clean and shiny when they are usually dirty. I'm not saying that's anything major but throughout 20 years a lot could have happened.

LOL, I thought they looked a little weathered and cleaned them in a jar of lemon juice. Guess I should have just left them alone. :smile:

The car could have a story. If you look at the first picture you can see that the fender liner screws are clean and shiny when they are usually dirty. I'm not saying that's anything major but throughout 20 years a lot could have happened.

LOL, I thought they looked a little weathered and cleaned them in a jar of lemon juice. Guess I should have just left them alone. :smile:

You should leave them alone :biggrin:. They throw up a red flag when they're sticking out like this :cool:

This statement reminds me of the antique road show lol. The guy would say something like if you didnt clean this item it would be worth thousands but since you did its only worth a 100 bucks.

A stock 91 appearing in great shape, lower mileage, and asking $24k???

Great deal if someone's looking for their first NSX especially if cleared a PPI:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146493

Not so much in Canada:
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1991-Acura-NSX-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ267020190

Your car is pretty rare in Canada, but with the week US dollar, this will change this coming summer. Prices will come down, and number of cars will increase in Canada.

The economy globally has collapsed. The fact that a 20 year old car can still be viewed as a great deal at $24k is pretty amazing really.

Could be the owner really needs to sell... Could be anything. The car is coming up on TB and needs tires as well (no one is going to go into a "new" NSX and replace just one tire) So add $24K firm, plus a few grand for TB/WP and tires, and then factor in a couple of small other repairs that are mentioned, and the price seems about right to me in an apocalyptic market.

that is a clean and nice looking car although price is a bit on a high side.

I agree with this, clean looking car, $47K even canadian seems high. I just saw a clean 98 NSX-T for $38K with 60K on it...that's a no brainer to me.

I don't think prices are falling all that much. For about the last 3 years, we've been at a "floor" of about $20k - $25k for an average to good condition early coupe (91-94). I think we are going to see a divergence in the early coupe market in the coming years. Some of these early (and plentiful) NSXs will drop below $20k. These will be the cars that fall into the following categories:

1. Salvage/Rebuilt
2. Rough, abused and no maintenence (generally younger 3rd or 4th owners who cannot truly afford the car)
3. Hacked up with body kits, repaints, "car-show" type interiors, etc.

In contrast to the above categories, which are becoming more common as the early cars become more accessable, fully-maintained early coupes that are kept in OEM or close-to-OEM condition are getting rarer. This leads me to believe that such cars will begin to increase in price as time goes by.

Last edited:
I don't think prices are falling all that much. For about the last 3 years, we've been at a "floor" of about $20k - $25k for an average to good condition early coupe (91-94). I think we are going to see a divergence in the early coupe market in the coming years. Some of these early (and plentiful) NSXs will drop below $20k. These will be the cars that fall into the following categories:

1. Salvage/Rebuilt
2. Rough, abused and no maintenence (generally younger 3rd or 4th owners who cannot truly afford the car)
3. Hacked up with body kits, repaints, "car-show" type interiors, etc.

In contrast to the above categories, which are becoming more common as the early cars become more accessable, fully-maintained early coupes that are kept in OEM or close-to-OEM condition are getting rarer. This leads me to believe that such cars will begin to increase in price as time goes by.

Honcho is right on the money in my opinion. The early well maintained coupes are going to be as desireable or more desireable than later years because they are coupes and offer a lot for the money.

You can see right now what I mean. The cars on Prime are giving you choices and elsewhere. You can find occassionaly pristine 03, 04, 05s with very low mileage - as in 2500 or 5k miles - just really almost not driven and they will sell for unblievable prices around 65k to 75k. Something like that or that's what the owners are asking. "Perfect - needs nothing" type ads. OR you can find a 91 with 18 to 28k original miles and original pristine condition - for around 30k - now I don't know about others and there will always be those that have loads of cash - but since these cars changed very little over the 15 years they were produced and with a good set of headers the early coupes can be made almost as fast as the later targas. You add short gears and they may be faster.

Point being - you tell me - which is the better deal? In this day of economics and downturns, hard times, etc., which do you think will be easier to afford? Now sure, some that have cash and plenty of it will take the later model cause it's newer and will not need any mods to make it "as fast". But 40k dollar difference while getting the stiffer and lighter chasis - well like I said which would you take? Given two pristine models? I can tell you what I'd do. Heck if I was a collector - I could have two collector cars of different types for he price of one late model NSX in pristine condition! Now that's pretty hard to pass up for me.

I'm not knocking the later model NSXs - not at ALL - no - I'm just making a comparison just for thinking purposes. There are a lot of options out there for 75k or 77k - not so many at 30k or 33K. I love the newer NSX - actually would like to have one but I'm not willing to shell out the high dollars especially since my 91 fully maintained up to top condition for 34k and 48k miles - is in my driveway. I have a feeling there will be a lot more buyers like me than those that want to shell out 77k for an 05 with 2600 miles on it. I'm just sayin.....and if the early coupes start going up - well the late models may too. Our NSXs are getting rarer and rarer every day and surely the low miler pristine examples are.

Heck there are a lot of great cars like one just sold with 134k miles on it - red/black - 91 - great looking and fully maintained up to snuff by one of the best NSX mechanics in the country just sold for 23k - so again - those days and these cars are going up in the very near future - not getting cheaper.

You get folks back to work and there will be a lot more reluctance to let go of the really good ones - then they'll start going up! Mark my words! :wink:

The low mileage one owner 91 has 14 more years of rust on it than an 05. Just try getting those exhaust bolts off for a TB change.

The low mileage one owner 91 has 14 more years of rust on it than an 05. Just try getting those exhaust bolts off for a TB change.

Wait a minute - you can't be serious. A low mileage pristine example is not going to have any rust on it and I don't care if it's a 91 or not. That is so rediculous. :rolleyes:

Or my favorite, right here in Winnipeg.
http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-other-1991-acura-nsx-W0QQAdIdZ257087567

Out dollar is at $1.03. I can't see how or why anyone would spend 30K more for a car already in Canada when there are so many more available in the US.

Hey DeVinci13 - good to see another WPGer on here! What are you driving? I just got my NSX (96) in June 2010. From the US. And it was a steal, for a beautiful car (my dream car since early '90's).

Hey DeVinci13 - good to see another WPGer on here! What are you driving? I just got my NSX (96) in June 2010. From the US. And it was a steal, for a beautiful car (my dream car since early '90's).

I drive a 1991 Black/Ivory. I bought my NSX in May 2010. I Bought it from a prime member in Virginia. I got my car for 30K less than the one advertised here on Kijiji. I have heard of a couple more NSX coming into Winnipeg this year, hopefully we will get a few showing up to the car shows and cruising the avenue.

I have to say that if I had 75K to spend on a 2005 I would seriously be looking at another car. When you get into that price range there are just so many good cars that open up. Even save up a bit a get an early R8.

Back