• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTB: 1991-199X NA1 Red Coupe MT + Manual Steering Rack

Hello!

I'm seeking a 1991-199X example that is ideally red (interior color is open). Manual transmission, no snap ring issues, manual steering rack. No history with FI engine modifications.

Please reach out to me at 503.616.8525 (text/imessage is fine).

I'm looking to replace my last NSX, which I shouldn't have sold... (JH4NA1157PT000345):

IMG_3812.PNG

Thank you!

-Ryan

That car looks amazing....ps..some regretful owners have bought back their old cars from the new owners...

That does look good and seller's remorse seems more common than buyer's remorse in my experience as well. 🤔 The fellow I bought mine from changed his mind about selling it twice, once when I had already driven over an hour to him.

Not sure how important a manual rack is to you, but that will limit you to 1991-1994 MT models, which were all coupes, or a Zanardi edition, which can get pricey. My understanding is that it's not too hard to convert an EPS to manual, but I haven't done it myself. But looking for one already converted will limit availability. I'd make your decision based on whether you want a coupe or a targa. The steering can be changed a lot more easily.

Last edited:
The production numbers in 1991-1994 were huge compared to later years. (See link in my signature.)

So it will be easier to find a manual steering car (5038 made from 1991-1994) than a 1995-2005 power steering car (3093 made from 1995-2005).

Lots have converted their EPS to manual racks as well, Love my manual trans, targa, manual rack, one switch heater control. Simple is better!

my friend saw this at his local C&C, no info as to mileage and transmission type or accident history, you can call and ask if really interested.
8bc3704c4001362ac61b26b5d6f7b21e.JPG

d35a1472ce8c8be352342562f7df3635.JPG

Didn't like the one jcdeng posted?
I spoke with the owner, it's a very nice car for the mileage -- but it's at about 175k miles which is outside what I'm comfortable purchasing without a significant discount -- probably much less than he'd ever consider selling it for. There's just too many unknowns in every component, hose, belt, gear, etc. at that mileage for how I'd like to drive it in a spirited way. If it was closer to 50k miles, I'm sure I would have pulled the trigger.

No recent maintenance on it?

And if it was closer to 50k miles, he'd probably be asking a lot more.

TJ Hunt's restored NSX is for sale, don't know if you saw it on the fb group, asking 57k, but I think he spent way more on it base on his videos, 140k miles tho.

Edit: he didn't spent that much on it lol, the title of the video was misleading...

Last edited:
Back