• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust WTB: OEM NA2 3.2L Exhaust

Hello all,

I'm looking to purchase a used OEM NA2 3.2L exhaust. I have a USDM 1998 with a 6 speed. Unfortunately the exhaust I have now is too loud for German registration inspection, so I need something quiet.

Thank you!

My email is:

[email protected]

APO address. Must have shipped US Spec NSX over. I hear that you have to now pass TÜV in Germany? When I was there you got you car inspected on-post. Registration was $15 for USAREUR tags. Good old days.

APO address. Must have shipped US Spec NSX over. I hear that you have to now pass TÜV in Germany? When I was there you got you car inspected on-post. Registration was $15 for USAREUR tags. Good old days.

Correct, that is an APO zip code for shipment to Germany. You can still get it inspected on base, but it failed the decible test by 3 decibles, max is 95 and I hit 98 :mad:
So, in need of a stock exhaust to quiet things down.

Where are you stationed? I think you have to get German Kennzeichen now, correct? I didn't realize you could still get on-post inspection. That is good. When I was in Belgium we had to go to the regular off-post Belgian inspection place and those guys were very strict. We did have NATO tags, so that was good. Hope you get to have some fun drives on the autobahn. I can recall lots of times when the AB was like a parking lot. Unlimited speed doesn't mean much when you're creeping along in first gear. The A81 between Heilbronn and Würzburg was a nice drive, never hit a stau there and both cities are very nice to see. No more Americans in either, AFAIK.

Where are you stationed? I think you have to get German Kennzeichen now, correct? I didn't realize you could still get on-post inspection. That is good. When I was in Belgium we had to go to the regular off-post Belgian inspection place and those guys were very strict. We did have NATO tags, so that was good. Hope you get to have some fun drives on the autobahn. I can recall lots of times when the AB was like a parking lot. Unlimited speed doesn't mean much when you're creeping along in first gear. The A81 between Heilbronn and Würzburg was a nice drive, never hit a stau there and both cities are very nice to see. No more Americans in either, AFAIK.

Ramstein, and we have the option of going off-base to the German TüV, but they're very strict on after-market parts so I think I'd have even worse luck with them than the on-base guys. Yea, you're 100% right, I'd say a majority of the time the autobahn is pretty backed up, hard to get to higher speeds more than people would think.
I do plan on going to Spa, Hockenheim, and the Ring while I'm here, really looking forward to that!

Back