• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Xbox One and forza5

If the rumors I heard are true I may skip out on this one. I heard that used games you have to pay a fee before playing. I hope that's just people blowing smoke up my...well you know. If its not true I will more than likely buy it.

This time around I'm gonna buy all 3 consoles since we're powering the graphics on all of them ;-)

In all seriousness, I think the KEY factor in putting this in my living room is that it will be QUIET. The last two XBox's were loud as hell. In fact, right now I've wired my 360 into the closet because the fans are so damn loud.

A lot of people also hate the look and were expecting something smaller, but I prefer a boxy design that fits in with the rest of the HT gear. I want it to be there, and not know that it's there.

Last edited:
This time around I'm gonna buy all 3 consoles since we're powering the graphics on all of them ;-)

In all seriousness, I think the KEY factor in putting this in my living room is that it will be QUIET. The last two XBox's were loud as hell. In fact, right now I've wired my 360 into the closet because the fans are so damn loud.

A lot of people also hate the look and were expecting something smaller, but I prefer a boxy design that fits in with the rest of the HT gear. I want it to be there, and not know that it's there.

Noise is certainly and issue. My Xbox elite is a lot quieter than the original, but I still wouldn't want it on 24/7.

I think the design is awful. It's a box. Nothing more. But I do see your point about fitting in with ht gear.

Noise is certainly and issue. My Xbox elite is a lot quieter than the original, but I still wouldn't want it on 24/7.

The way I see it is if they want to revolutionize my TV/movie watching experience, then it's got to be quiet like a standard CE device. The last thing you want to hear is a loud fan during a quiet dialogue scene.

Im going PC. Im done with consoles. I have been a big Xbox fan for a long time. Xbox 1 is a big disappointment.

I like what they are doing. I've moved more from gaming to watching movies, listening to music, and playing some games here and there on my xbox360 so it seems like this thing has been tailored to me lol. I agree the box design makes it feel like they want this to blend in with home theater equipment which in that case they succeeded. I don't know if I'll buy it yet because I do still like to play games and this presentation didn't really provide much besides a glimpse of 3 games. I guess we'll have to wait until E3 to show what games are going to be like.

Not sure if I like the idea of it requiring internet access once a day.
What kind of information are they tracking and selling.

Yeah I don't like that either. Think it will just be a PS4 next time around.

if my fanatec CSR wheel works with it then i'll buy it on release...otherwise I may wait a while.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

I too also have the fanetec wheel. Only way to play racing games like GT and Forza. I can't go back to a controller.

Yeah I don't like that either. Think it will just be a PS4 next time around.

Same here. I read up on PS4 vs XBOX One last night, and it looks like most gamers are thinking about switch over to PS4 from XBOX.
I've been on XBOX for a long time, but I'm not okay with some of their new moves.
Shoot, half my games I bought used. MS trying to steal money from a used game sale is stupid.

I read they call it XBOX One because they made 359 steps backwards.

I believe I heard it is so that the developers get their money when used sales occur because in the end it's the developers that loose out and gamestop that wins.... seems kind of backwards at the moment considering the developers are the ones who put in most of the work but the middleman is making the most out of the deal. I know it sucks and I too do buy used games, but if it's to help keep developers in business well I'm for that.

But if the fee is to just go to Microsoft and not the developers though, that I am not cool with that.

Same here. I read up on PS4 vs XBOX One last night, and it looks like most gamers are thinking about switch over to PS4 from XBOX.
I've been on XBOX for a long time, but I'm not okay with some of their new moves.
Shoot, half my games I bought used. MS trying to steal money from a used game sale is stupid.

I read they call it XBOX One because they made 359 steps backwards.

PS3 was more powerful than XBOX360 yet the games looked just as good on XBOX and the online experience was much better. I expect that to remain the same.

i have an xbox slim and its very quiet. Not liking the new details on xbox one, but it will have forza 5. Decisions

I believe I heard it is so that the developers get their money when used sales occur because in the end it's the developers that loose out and gamestop that wins.... seems kind of backwards at the moment considering the developers are the ones who put in most of the work but the middleman is making the most out of the deal. I know it sucks and I too do buy used games, but if it's to help keep developers in business well I'm for that.

But if the fee is to just go to Microsoft and not the developers though, that I am not cool with that.

This is BS they make their money of the original buyer. Xbox Is double dipping, nickeling and dimming people to death. I don't buy used games, I buy new the ones I really want. So I don't care about that, but its grimy. I do not want another camera in my house the Kinect is garbage and can be easily corrupted. The system is a re-polished version of the old. Just to make you update the console for the newer titles everyone is going to want. Same system same problems same crappy servers. My last Xbox went back to them 7 times before they could get one from them that didn't over heat. Why do you thing they waited so long to release the new one... people forget. The only reason I still have an Xbox is because all the guys I work with use the Xbox for internet gaming. I know at least 20+ people are going PC next season from my friends list.

What dose Xbox think they are the DMV Taxing used equipment every time its sold.

Like I said in another post, I hope GT6 turns out a lot better than the half finished GT5. As much as I wanted Forza 5 I think there are too many negatives for me to be eveh half way interested in the new XBox.

Back