• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

XLevel presents Xetronic - HID Kits/Bulbs Group Buy

Like your HID, but want something a little different?

Halogen bulbs just not cutting it?

Xetronic Digital HID Kit (Japanese) $409.95 NSX Prime MEMBERS ONLY
(3000k / 12000k +$40) $439.95 non-NSX Prime Members
XET-HID-DIGITAL.jpg

Xetronic HID Kit (Japanese) $319.95 NSX Prime MEMBERS ONLY
(3000k / 12000k +$40) $349.95 non-NSX Prime Members
XET-HID.jpg

Fusion HID Kit (Chinese) $239.95 (12000k +$40)
FUH-HID.jpg

Xetronic Bulbs (Japanese) $174.95 pr. NSX Prime MEMBERS ONLY
(12000k +$10) $199.95 non-NSX Prime Members
XET-HID-BULB-D2S-D2R-D4S-D4R.jpg

Colors available:

HID-HID Colors.jpg

I have 7600k (no longer available) on my Capri and absolutely LOVE the color.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has come to my attention that not everyone knows or understands the lights on the S2000 and/or other cars. I will keep things in layman's terms.

Acura NSX 91-01
Low Beam: 9006 Halogen
High Beam: 9005 Halogen

Acura NSX 02-04
Low Beam: D2S HID 4300k
High Beam: 9005 Halogen

Halogen bulbs are the same bulbs that we have been using in our cars for decades now. A halogen bulb is similar to an incandescent bulb in that it has a tungsten filament and heats up to create light. In a halogen bulb, however, the glass isn't glass, it's quartz and it is filled with a different gas also, one from the halogen group. Hence the name. Halogen bulbs heat to an extremely high temperature and cannot be touched or contaminated because the oils in our hands etc., even if washed, will heat beyond the limits of the bulb causing it to leak and fail. If installed correctly, the life span is approximately 300-400 hours. Automotive halogen bulbs generally use 55w, though some manufacturers sell higher wattages. They produce a color between 2800-3400k.

HID-H1 Halogen.jpg

Some halogen bulbs are created with a coating to try to recreate the color of true HID systems. Some even use a higher wattage.

HID-H1 Xenon.jpg

HID (High Intensity Discharge) lighting in automobiles came about in the early 90's. HID produces light by creating an electric arc between tungsten electrodes housed inside a translucent or transparent fused quartz or fused alumina tube. This tube is filled with both gas and metal salts. The gas facilitates the arc's initial strike. Once the arc is started, it heats and evaporates the metal salts forming a plasma, which greatly increases the intensity of light produced by the arc and reduces its power consumption. HID, also having a quartz bulb, need to be handled carefully. If installed correctly, the life span is approximately 3000 hours. Automotive HID bulbs generally use 35w, though some manufacturers sell higher and lower wattages. They produce a color between 3000-15000k.

Most HID systems consist of 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, 2 igniters, and harness. Newer digital HID systems consist of 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, and harness. The digital ballasts have a digital transformer and electronic ignition reducing the heat and size. Digital systems have a ballast that is less than 1/2". The reduced heat increases the life of the system 30% and creates a more accurate consistent color.

This is a D2S bulb. D2S bulbs are only made in HID.
HID-D2S HID.jpg

This is a H1 HID bulb.
HID-H1 HID.jpg

This is a side by side comparision of a H1 halogen bulb and and H1 HID bulb.
HID-H1 Comparison.jpg

If your car has HID installed from the factory, as all S2000 low beams do, you already have a full HID system with 4100-4300k bulbs creating a clean white light. To upgrade, all you need is two new bulbs.

The only reason to buy a bulb with a higher color is for looks. It doesn't create more light, better light, or more heat. Though, in some peoples opinion it does look much cooler with the bluer or more purple light. It may reduce the brightness the higher you go, but it may not be enough to be noticeable.

This is a color chart to give you an idea of how the kelvin rating is found.
HID-Color Temp.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to order and are a new XLevel customer, please respond with the following:

Name
Phone Numbers (in order of importance)
Address
City, ST, Zip
Email Address
Car Make, Model, Year, Ext. Color, Int. Color
Product(s) to be ordered

If you are a repeat XLevel customer, please respond with the following:

Name
Product(s) to be ordered

I'll reply via email with an invoice and link to pay via paypal where you
may choose any method you prefer. The invoice will include shipping and tax where applicable.

Thanks!

Re: XLevel presents Xetronic

Sounds cool. I read as much of the thread I could.. but excuse my ignorance in that it's not clear whether you are offering a replacement for the HIGH BEAM halogen with an HID equivalent.

I have the O2 lights and looking for a High Beam HID..

The Japanese stuff seems of high quality!

Thanks.

Re: XLevel presents Xetronic

Sounds cool. I read as much of the thread I could.. but excuse my ignorance in that it's not clear whether you are offering a replacement for the HIGH BEAM halogen with an HID equivalent.

I have the O2 lights and looking for a High Beam HID..

The Japanese stuff seems of high quality!

Thanks.

We are offering both. Upgraded bulbs for low beams and full kits for high beams on the 02-04. Full kits for the low and high beams on the 91-01.

So, yes, we can get you the high beam for your car.

Re 02-05 NSX high beam do the digital systems turn on any faster than the older analog versions. How about if you try to flash the high beams w/ digital HIDs?

Jeff

Re 02-05 NSX high beam do the digital systems turn on any faster than the older analog versions. How about if you try to flash the high beams w/ digital HIDs?

Jeff

Good question. The digital kits ignite 500% faster than traditional kits. While they may ignite faster, flashing the lights, HID or not, can shorten the life. That being said, you may not use them enough to ever notice a difference. We have not been able to test how quickly you can flash them.

Do you have any install photos of your 91-01 systems?

I'm purchasing an NSX next month and thought that HID lighting might be a great upgrade. I'll be doing the work myself so the photos would be of much help.

I realize that in the case you don't have any photos since you make these systems for many cars, I'm just gauging the ease or difficulty with which I'm going to have installing it.

Do you have any install photos of your 91-01 systems?

I'm purchasing an NSX next month and thought that HID lighting might be a great upgrade. I'll be doing the work myself so the photos would be of much help.

I realize that in the case you don't have any photos since you make these systems for many cars, I'm just gauging the ease or difficulty with which I'm going to have installing it.

I'm sorry, we don't have any pics of an NSX yet because we haven't even picked up this line yet. We wanted to make sure our customers were willing to pay for a quality kit even with cheap Chinese kits selling for much less on the market.

Here are the install directions and a couple magazine features talking about and installing the Xetronic kit.

www.xlevelonline.com/img/XET-HIDKIT-INSTALL.pdf
www.xlevelonline.com/img/XET-MAGAZINE.jpg

Back