• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[1st Gen] Y U M M Y ~ Very trick Carbon Fiber Double DIN Tilt Angle Double DIN reducing GLARE !

They offer a very well made 2xDIN CF console that keeps the ashtray flap and everything else stock like. Price is high, but they are in Germany so i dont have to pay expensive shipment or customs...

Is the same ProCar that makes the NSX-R hood? I've seen their piece and it's easy to maintain the ashtray if you want the double din flush mounted - we can easily do that......but,

OUR goal is to make a revolutionary dash piece that is not the "norm" and allows the DD unit to be angle mounted to avoid the glare issue. This alone is the feature that will make this piece stand out. The CF is just icing on the cake for us.

They made one for me and it's awesome. I'd even re purchase this new unit

Is the same ProCar that makes the NSX-R hood? I've seen their piece and it's easy to maintain the ashtray if you want the double din flush mounted - we can easily do that......but,

OUR goal is to make a revolutionary dash piece that is not the "norm" and allows the DD unit to be angle mounted to avoid the glare issue. This alone is the feature that will make this piece stand out. The CF is just icing on the cake for us.
I get you, like i said the factor for me will be total price (incl. shipping) since glare is not so much of a concern for me (got a coupe). Since the procar piece keeps the ashtray, i can keep the start button hidden where it is now, if i get yours i have to do some more customization, which will balance the price out maybe... :)
Also the SOS bracket working with it will be a good factor for decision. I havent got really any cheap way to make a custom part here.

Last edited:
It appears the market dictates a 400-500 dollar price point for a high end carbon console for the masses. Much more than that and it's going to be a tough sell. I am also curious about the price point. I actually deleted my head unit entirely because of the glare off my DDIN.

They made one for me and it's awesome. I'd even re purchase this new unit

thanks Todd ~ appreciate the kind words :)

UPDATE: ok guys we have some more news!

Currently we are looking at two options since we realized if we built a custom CF center dash piece, we would also need to offer a upper center vent piece in matching CF. Of course for those who have the JDM NAV panel that is another different issue so if there is enough demand we can offer the JDM NAV pod as an option too.

CF custom dash center piece with angled design to hold 7" DD unit $989.00 (special intro price for first 10 piece order, then goes to $1199)
CF center vent piece to match lower DD center console $199

Keep in mind this is for a OEM fitment double din dash piece in high quality CF with scratch resistant clear coat (same stuff we use for our steering wheels) To make this cost effective we need to get 10 pre-orders to make a production run just simply due to the costs involved.

- - - Updated - - -

We know this list was started earlier before the pricing was introduced so feel free to add or subtract yourself.

Just keep in mind this is a new product so there are some unknowns in terms of production costs. The intro price is only good for the first 10 orders at which point we reserve the right to adjust the pricing as needed. There are a lot of associated costs to build this and right now we are still testing the prototype molds.

thank you for your patience and understanding!

1) 95gsrturbo
2) gt theory
3) mr. Fuji
4) cousindeagle
5) Zoom
6) OKI-BOY
7)
8)
9)
10)

Once the list hits 10 people, we will be contacting each of you for payment. If someone changes their mind, we will remove you from the list and move down to the next person in line.

thanks guys ~ we are as excited as you since we think this piece would look really special in the NSX along with our custom CF flat bottom steering wheels. If you guys have not seen the quality, check out the wheels and the custom CF air bag cover we made:

I'm in! For both console and vent.

Did you test with the targa top off yet and if so what did you find?

We've just be so busy with work our NSX has not even moved from the corner of the shop! Apologies we will try to do the test for you later this week as time permits.

If memory serves me right, we took this car to a car show a few months ago with the targo off and did not notice any glare. The main reason we made this custom angled dash piece is to avoid the glare. We want to great pains to test the final resting angle of the deck since it really is a custom piece so we were at liberty to play with the overall position. If you were driving and the sun just manages to hit the deck at the right position I'm sure there would still be glare but in day to day driving it should be MUCH improved over stock.

I worked in the LCD and industrial computer industry for many years and sun readable displays are very unique. Most "outdoor" kiosks that have displays have a specially design high-bright output screen that is in the 1000+ nits range and many have special coatings on the LCD to avoid glare.

Our Double DIN units obviously do not have this type of output so playing with the angle is the best way to optimize the display in the worst possible environments such as the NSX.

Our custom dash setup will solve the majority of cases if compared to a standard dash with a flat display mounted at the worst possible angle facing the sky :)

I am still on the fence on that one, on one side i could get the procar for about the same price (if my memory serves me well) and save on shipping / customs / hassle. Also i have a coupe, so the no-glare mount has no added value for me. But that piece may be nice and mounting an exposed start button is appealing too..

^Shipping is really not an issue - we ship to your country almost weekly with various products! PM us and we can figure out the details :)

We are expecting to be able to test the prototypes by early next month so for those who wish to get in on the introductory group buy price please contact us ASAP, once those 10 slots are filled, no more will be honored at the INTRO price.

thanks!

We tested with the targa off over the past weekend, glare is virtually gone except when sun is at high noon directly over the car. When you are actually driving it helps quite a bit since your car is constantly changing angle in direction to the sun so I would say 90% improvement.

We have received a lot of PM's on availability of the dash. We anticipate the prototypes will be done testing in the next few weeks so we can do some minor changes if needed to the final product. Once we have confirmed fitment, these will be able to go into production.

So figure 2-3 weeks but if you are even remotely thinking about getting one PLEASE put yourself on the list and contact us.

here is our current list:

1) 95gsrturbo
2) gt theory
3) mr. Fuji
4) cousindeagle
5) Zoom
6) OKI-BOY
7) toddat
8)
9)
10)

Adding one more to the list:

here is our current list:

1) 95gsrturbo
2) gt theory
3) mr. Fuji
4) cousindeagle
5) Zoom
6) OKI-BOY
7) toddat
8) frogge
9)
10)

When we reach the 10 interested parties, I will contact each of you for payment and also tentatively delivery plans.

thank you!

Sorry for not updating here but wanted to give everyone a quick time-table.

We should be test fitting the prototype piece very soon and will start to take payments very soon. If you are on the list and wish to drop out or want to add yourself please do so soon.

Our plan is to offer the dash piece with the option to get the matching door window trim and center vent also in Carbon Fiber. We will also offer a OEM CF dash piece for those who like to keep their stock radio but get the enhanced CF option. We can also do matching shift knob, Ebrake and Auto knobs on a per order basis with core exchange.

here's our current active list as of 9/3/14:

1) 95gsrturbo
2) gt theory
3) mr. Fuji
4) cousindeagle
5) OKI-BOY
6) toddat
7) frogge
8)
9)
10)

thanks!

count me in on the group buy for the cf dd center console and the cf vent cover

Interested, please put me on the list.

Sorry, but I'm out. Just got the invoice for fall tuition and it's a big one.
Great looking product, but I'll have to purchase at a later date. Can't wait to see install piccs!

Fuji

Last edited:
Prototype photos have been added to the first post!

At this point we are ready to start taking payments so each of you on the list should be getting a PM from us, if you don't, please let us know!

(*Remember only the first 10 people on this list get the intro pricing, after that pricing goes to the $1199 price!)

here's the updated list as of 9/6/14:

here's our current active list as of 9/3/14:

1) 95gsrturbo
2) gt theory
3) cousindeagle
4) OKI-BOY
5) toddat
6) frogge
7) tdiantonio
8) MOMSPH
9) *available spot
10) *available spot

We will also be offering the matching driver and passenger side window door trim and CF center upper vent trim as well as a matching pure CF shift knob for those interested!

thank you

Shift knob (just a sample for now, except logo will have NSX)

Last edited:
What's the price?

Look at post #31 please!

CF custom dash center piece with angled design to hold 7" DD unit $989.00 (special intro price for first 10 piece order, then goes to $1199)

S4play (Rick?) I think the price is holding people back

Although I know there is a lot if time and research and work out into this $1000 is a lot of money for a dash piece.

If you were able to go a bit lower I bet you would get more people to be on board.

Essentially in ste a d of a first run of 10 you might do 15 and still break even the same way.

Just a thought.

Hi S4Play, I went with a Downforce group buy instead with my budget. Apologies and kindly take me off the list.

Back