• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You are invited to a July 9th Hosted BBQ at Acura of Stockton

Just got off the phone with OPAK Racing, we've had previously planned to have our July meeting @ their shop. However, due to the Grant Prix events and their racing schedule, they be more than happy to sponsor a driving instruction/track event in a later time for our club.

Does anyone have any objection that we hold our July meeting @ Acura of Stockton at this point?

I'll most likely be there with my s2000 unless I get my clear bra done in time on my other car.

No worries since I can park anywhere - just want to see some of these cars with mods and chat with ya guys about things to look for when buying a used one.

Is there a bay area carvan from the east bay being planned? I know some backroads from my Bimmer buddies :)

rick

s4play said:
Is there a bay area carvan from the east bay being planned? I know some backroads from my Bimmer buddies :)

rick

I'm in Livermore, so I'll join the caravan. If we go direct, I suggest we meet in Dublin, CA at the big movie theater there (easy to find). If we go backroads, I guess someone will have to map that out.

I'll start it off the top of my head - edit as you see fit:

1. SF / SF area and North Bay - meet at IKEA as noted by Steve above and head to 580 East
2. South Bay - meet at ??? (Milpitas/Fremont) and head to 580 East
3. East Bay, Tri-Valley, Oakland - meet at movie theater in Dublin (Hacienda crossings) at Hacienda and HWY 580.
4. Everyone join up at the movie theater in Dublin and we head out together.
From there we can go 580 to 5 directly to the dealership or we can catch Vasco Rd and hit some backroads.

I don't think we want to go through back roads to Stockton as that might get us lost and we will not get there till after the free food. :eek:

We should definitely plan a drive afterwards and since we are down in Stockton, I wouldn't mind going to visit Gerry Johnson as I have not been to his shop and would love to see what's new. Hopefully he won't be competing in a fishing tournament that day.

We can either meet at Ikea like Steve suggested or we can meet at In & Out Burger's off of Hegenberger Road. There is also a Starbuck's there so we can meet there instead of In & Out. Please let us know which location you would rather meet and hopefully we will go with the majority. We should also plan a quick stopover in Dublin to meet the Valley Guys so Nalesh, please make a suggestion and we will meet you there.

Does anyone know exactly what time we should get to Stockton Acura? This way we can plan our meeting zones and times.

I'll meet up with you guys in Dublin. Maybe LitoG and NASTNSX and NA14YU will drive in with me if they go.

Sidney is right - backroads to Stockton could be confusing. Lets just take the fwy.
Hrant's post says we should be there around 11:30am. I would like to get there a little early if possible (say 11 or 11:15). Lets take 580 East to 5 North. Nice and easy freeway route.

The final caravan meet-up spot will be Dublin. From Dublin, lets all head to Stockton together.
Exact location for Dublin sync up:

Best Buy parking lot
Dublin CA (Store 134)
4820 Dublin Blvd.
Dublin, CA 94568

Directions from all Bay Area locations:
1. Get from where you are to I-580 East (heading to Stockton)
2. In Dublin/Pleasanton exit Hacienda Blvd
3. Go left (north) over the freeway. You are now on Hacienda.
4. Make right at the gas station (Shell, I think) into the shopping center/entrance toward movie theater. If you pass it, no biggie, just make the next right and head in the back entrance.
5. Go straight back to the end of the road. You will see Best Buy.
6. I will be waiting in the BB parking lot to the left of the store.

It takes about an hour to get to Stockton Acura from that location. We should leave Best Buy by 10am to be safe.

Those of you coordinating other caravan locations, please PM me with your cell phone number. I will PM you back with mine. That way, if one of the groups is missiing at Best Buy at 10am, I can call you.

You can count me in. A friend of mine from my previous job (Honda sales) used to work for Acura of Stockton will tag along since he would like to make a surprise visit to see all his buddies up there.

I'll meet you in Dublin.

I'll meet up with you guys in Dublin. PM to follow with my cell number, Nalesh.

We may want to consider using the crosstown freeway in Stockton to cut over to Hiway 99. We can exit at Hammer Lane and the dealership is a mile or so off the freeway. If the Hammer exit is taken from the 5, it's a long trip through town and stoplights before reaching the dealership.

mickeylex said:
Sidney is right - backroads to Stockton could be confusing. Lets just take the fwy.

Guess I'll meet you guys over there. I wouldn't even consider going to Stockton on the usual congested 580/205/5 route. I'm taking the river roads at triple digits! Rarely cops out that way - just don't drive above your abilites or you could be swimming...

Dinan M3,

That river route is a blast..just a heads up on 4 by the ponds just before you get into town. Lots of CHP in both directions lately.

On a side note, a friend of mine from Stockton rode his bicycle to my place in Brentwood via 4...nothing like a 2 inch shoulder to ride on with semis hauling molten sulfur whizzing by you!

Charles

Thanks for the updated info Charles. How about the river roads leading up to HW12 and over to the east? Any better for avoiding law enforcement?

I wouldn't even consider going to Stockton on the usual congested 580/205/5 route.

580 -205- 5 isn't congested at 10:30am on a Saturday. Its not like a commute day - I wouldn't go that route M-F. I go to Sacramento on that route 2x month at that time on Saturdays. If there is a backup its due to an accident. The backup will be 10-15 minutes at most.

The 580/205/5 route is often congested on Saturdays and is boring. How about 680 to 12 to Stockton?

Regardless, I'm doing a river run - perhaps 680, 4, 160, 12 then south into Stockton or 680, 4 into Stockton.

BTW Charles, your cycling friend is much braver than I. HW4 starts out in Stockton from Charter Way where your friend could easily have been mugged, just for the bike. Even scarier than the truck traffic! :biggrin:

Last edited:
A river run is a great idea. If anyone wants to do a river run up there, please do. For those who want to do a drive later, we can do a river run on the way back. Remember to bring radios. I'll still have the caravan out of Dublin for the drive up.

Last edited:
May I ask that has everyone RSVP with Steve? I've spoke with Ryan from Acura of Stockton today. He's responsible for putting together this event. He told me that space will be limited for this event. They are clearing up the retail front for the NSX, and looks like there will be 35 spaces availiable. So far, here is the list of people who like to attend:

1. Hrant
2. Beerdog
3. juejaimon
4. rowr
5. D'Ecosse
6. mikeh
7. ryan1926
8. Drunkinfoolio
9. SMGNSX
10. NSX-Tuner
11. mickeylex
12. NorCalwhite
13. smooth
14. Litespeeds
15. NSXVURGIN
16. Hiroshima
17. racerex
18. NMYMIRR
19. Dinan_M3
20. Vytas
21. randomharmony

Non-NSX:
22. s4play

I will confirm with Ryan again tomorrow on the actual number of accomendation. Anyone else from the Sacramento chapter will attend?

randomharmony said:
<snip>Anyone else from the Sacramento chapter will attend?
not sure if i'll be in town or not... if i am, i'll be there and will confirm NLT 1 week in advance. i enjoyed the previous meet/photo op and look forward to an enjoyable (if HOT) time again. btw, the river road is a nice ride, especially if done **early** in the morning when it's cool.

hal

Mmmmmm... Another meet with some miles... count me in!!! :biggrin:
Do I need to let anyone else know, or does posting here do the trick? :confused:

I am also in on any drive afterwards... Sounds like its going to be a great meet!!!! :tongue:

I am adding Sacto names to Shane's list, and the last info at the time of the edits:

1. Hrant
2. Beerdog
3. juejaimon
4. rowr
5. D'Ecosse
6. mikeh
7. ryan1926
8. Drunkinfoolio
9. SMGNSX
10. NSX-Tuner
11. mickeylex
12. NorCalwhite
13. smooth
14. Litespeeds
15. NSXVURGIN
16. Hiroshima (J)
17. racerex
18. NMYMIRR
19. Dinan_M3
20. Vytas
21. randomharmony
22. Terpak
23. Don W.
24. 1UFO2C
25. Luu
26. RonNRaiders
27. Jeff F
28. NSXVURGIN
29. Dave/Molly
30. ryans
31. NSXer119
32. Allen S.

Queenlives (iffy)

s4play (non-NSX)

Last edited:
Officially.....COUNT ME IN.

I will be leaving from Antioch, and will be traveling thru Brentwood to old HWY 4 out the Delta Roads to Stockton. If anyone else is traveling this direction lets wagon train....

Dinan M3 said:
Thanks for the updated info Charles. How about the river roads leading up to HW12 and over to the east? Any better for avoiding law enforcement?

To be honest with you, I think I'd take my chances on 4.... It's a better road for curves. Just make sure you let the inevitable doofus, in the Mustang or Firebird trying to keep up with you, pass before the ponds and shoot through the speed trap first. :smile:
Hiway 12 will have trucks, motorhomes and folks towing boats at really slow speeds, not to mention the rocks that get kicked up by them.

As far a a drive after, running up the river has alot of places to stop and wander around, but no place to really park many cars. The only thing I can think of is to have a drive along the river to Old Sac (larger parking garage) and have dinner at the Delta King or some other restaurant. Nothing like spending the whole day eating and driving, eh? :biggrin:

Maybe some of our Sacramento brethren can chime in with some insights and suggestions.

Back