• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You are invited to a July 9th Hosted BBQ at Acura of Stockton

I have already faxed in all my personal info.... and will attend. I think it will a great way to meet a very fine group of people. Some I know, some I don't, but the one thing that will bring us all together is our appreciation of our cars. I plan on having a good time and I hope that everyone that decides to be there, will have a great time also.

I know that some people are very private in their lives and will only give out personal information when they deem necessary. I respect that and if this is going to be the determining factor in participating in all the events that Stockton Acura has set up for us, I hope they still show up as this should be alot of fun. It is always good to see fellow NSX owners with or without their cars.

Hey DinanM3,
If you'd like, I would be more than happy to drive you in your Zanardi and substitute your car as mine. :wink: Seriously, if you'd like, I would be more than happy to have you ride up as my co-pilot. The only thing I ask in return is your time in helping me video tape some of this event while I am driving. :biggrin:

In looking at the schedule, it looks like I"m going to be on-call for the whole week/weekend. That sucks...

Come on guys...NSX is a small community so let's be happy. No one is forcing anyone to attend...so...let's move on.

Oh..don't delearship or shop have your personal address when you purchase soemthing from them anyway?

alright all you FUKRS.....

i think in the mid august month(i'll post officially later) we should take a trip up HWY 128 to the coast.....

I'll go slow so y'all can keep up. then we should stay at at bed and breakfast overnight, then drive home the next day....

this really is not that out of hand, Ive done it all my life, bikes, trucks, cars etc....

NO registration, no formalities, BYOB, and a freakin tent or bag to sleep in....it's great!!!!!!!!

maybe im just pre-mature.....my fance would agree HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :eek:

Litespeeds said:
If you'd like, I would be more than happy to drive you in your Zanardi and substitute your car as mine. :wink: Seriously, if you'd like, I would be more than happy to have you ride up as my co-pilot. The only thing I ask in return is your time in helping me video tape some of this event while I am driving. :biggrin:
How about I drive the M3 with the new forged pistons and higher boost and you man the camera? We can easily blow by all the NSXs (except for Gerry's) and can film all the action live! :biggrin:

Re: Good to see

you're back in the saddle, Hrant. Hang onto your holli-hocks, it ain't even July yet and you haven't had this much fun since NSXPO 03 !!! :tongue: Hey, I think there's still some Southern Comfort down here at the Note for ya. And just in case this little organizational stresser isn't enough, we can chain you up on the rack down in the dungeon and let Ethyl have her way with ya, :eek:

Dinan M3 said:
How about I drive the M3 with the new forged pistons and higher boost and you man the camera? We can easily blow by all the NSXs (except for Gerry's) and can film all the action live! :biggrin:

Hmmm, that sounds very tempting. Too bad this isn't a track event that I can take full advantage of your hospitalities. :biggrin: Hope you come out to join all the fun. If you'd like, I will put you down as my guest so you can at least get your free lunch. :wink:

Hal, you are making great points!! I’m glad u enjoyed Macaroni Grill over the years. Maybe you can step up to the plate with your great salesman skill and throw us a BBQ in the near future. What do you say, old chap. :wink: Last time I check, didn't you say the Hooters meet was "embarrassing" and you were "suffering from some sort of cranial-rectal inversion?" I had to google on what that term means, thanks for teaching me something new. Another thing, nobody wants your ss#, trust me, and that's a really good thing. :biggrin:

When the list of attendance got up to 50 cars last week, Acura of Stockton originally did not anticipate such a high interest, and they were telling me 35-40 cars. That created a problem for us because we had more people, and it was time to decide what to do with the bay area July meeting. The last thing I want to see is someone get in trouble for being caught off guard or have an unpleasant club experience. I thought of maybe having another meeting place, but I also thought we can all enjoy from this event. So I personally drove down to Stockton last Thursday to see what the dealership is all about. (btw, it was raining that day, and 2 hrs drive from Sunnyvale each way in my NSX.)

I met up with SMGNSX, a “typical” NSX car nut :wink: who came up with this idea. We went to the dealership, and Steve introduced me to the friendly staff there. I wanted to make sure 2 things: 1. Acura of Stockton has enough space to accommodate both Sacramento and Bay area chapters; 2. they are awared of the problem at hand. We counted the retail spaces in the front and it was around 50. We also explained the situation to the event organizer, and he was more than willing to work out the details. To me, that shows something. I left home around 1pm that day and got back around 11pm.

In the next couple days, GM of Acura came up with the registration form which helps them to better prepare for this event. I thought it was a very reasonable request, and I’ve sent out the info to most of the bay area members on Sunday. Looking back now, I’m glad that I took that trip on Thursday because there was a real problem on the logistic end, and if we don’t deal with it now, it could’ve been a lot worse later on. What it comes down to is about setting the right expectation for everyone, the host and club members. Ideally a lot of things should’ve been handled differently from the beginning, but things change, let’s not dwell on the past and hope that everything can go accordingly.

randomharmony said:
Hal, you are making great points!! I’m glad u enjoyed Macaroni Grill over the years. Maybe you can step up to the plate with your great salesman skill and throw us a BBQ in the near future. What do you say, old chap. :wink: Last time I check, didn't you say the Hooters meet was "embarrassing" and you were "suffering from some sort of cranial-rectal inversion?" I had to google on what that term means, thanks for teaching me something new. Another thing, nobody wants your ss#, trust me, and that's a really good thing. :biggrin:

When the list of attendance got up to 50 cars last week, Acura of Stockton originally did not anticipate such a high interest, and they were telling me 35-40 cars. That created a problem for us because we had more people, and it was time to decide what to do with the bay area July meeting. The last thing I want to see is someone get in trouble for being caught off guard or have an unpleasant club experience. I thought of maybe having another meeting place, but I also thought we can all enjoy from this event. So I personally drove down to Stockton last Thursday to see what the dealership is all about. (btw, it was raining that day, and 2 hrs drive from Sunnyvale each way in my NSX.)

I met up with SMGNSX, a “typical” NSX car nut :wink: who came up with this idea. We went to the dealership, and Steve introduced me to the friendly staff there. I wanted to make sure 2 things: 1. Acura of Stockton has enough space to accommodate both Sacramento and Bay area chapters; 2. they are awared of the problem at hand. We counted the retail spaces in the front and it was around 50. We also explained the situation to the event organizer, and he was more than willing to work out the details. To me, that shows something. I left home around 1pm that day and got back around 11pm.

In the next couple days, GM of Acura came up with the registration form which helps them to better prepare for this event. I thought it was a very reasonable request, and I’ve sent out the info to most of the bay area members on Sunday. Looking back now, I’m glad that I took that trip on Thursday because there was a real problem on the logistic end, and if we don’t deal with it now, it could’ve been a lot worse later on. What it comes down to is about setting the right expectation for everyone, the host and club members. Ideally a lot of things should’ve been handled differently from the beginning, but things change, let’s not dwell on the past and hope that everything can go accordingly.

random,

thanks for your thoughtful overview of how the gm of an acura dealership convinced you/someone else to require our personal information in exchange for hanging out with other nsx owners. uh-mazing and something i've never seen in an informal organization/gathering of this type.

on a personal note, random, please don't confuse my strong rejection of requiring personal information to participate with not appreciating the efforts of you/others who are intent on making the event a success. i, and i'm sure everyone else here, appreciates the personal time and effort you and others are investing on our behalf.

best success on the event.
hal

Hi Everyone.
My name is Steve Ghent (SMGNSX) and have a 1992 NSX track car and a 2004 NSX as well

This Event was my idea as all I saw on this prime was a bunch posts about should we go here or there or here or there no thats to far thats to close so I asked the dealership if they would have a NSX get togather they were very excited and said that would be great so I talked to Hrant and we did the post.
I asked Hrant how many car we could expect and he said we would be luckey to see 20 NSX'S so we said lets do this, to our surprise this event BLEW up into the biggest west coast event in this area.

Acura of Stockton told me they needed a real count of cars and people that will be attending so we thought of this form in about 5 minute's to get the count since with each car could cost the dealer up to $500.00 with food, live radio coverage the free gifts oh yea! we need your real names for a REASON (it goes on your shirt) too much to ask? and we need phone number or email
address to confirm your regerstration that it IS THIS TO MUCH TO ASK FOR! your address is not needed if you feel you life will be ours, but the city you are from is required (this is because alot of people don't know each other and we want this to be great event for us and the dealer.

I want you to know that this dealer is putting ALL there cars in the back just to show YOUR NSX's so they will have alot of lost sales that day as well not counting the lost sales the dealer will be spending around $30K of there own money just to have us there that is Right On! dont we owe them at least a form with our
REAL NAME (not prime)
E-MAIL or
PHONE NUMBER (cell, moms, dads, brother, sister etc just for registration confimation)
ADDRESS OR CITY
YOU have our WORD that this information go to no one!

I know what it is like to get your life stolen I got taken for over $40K with a stolen wallet and it was not fixed easley.
Just a note your Identity can be found out on this internet very easley as my 14 year old son told me how (you know they learn this in computer class how about that)

SO everyone Please dont worry,this will be a FUN event and let us
the NSXCA members make it that way.

I want the # 9 zanardy here as I have never seen one in person so please come.

Some of you are asking about the parade lap thing! This is a short show off cruze around town and there is another reason that I cant tell you right now but if you attened you will be Blown Away (if your buddys do this and you dont you will kick your self in the ASS all the way home so sign UP.)

I will not respond to any thing on this prime if you want to talk to me you can PM me.

So everyone lets just do this. I know you dont know me but if you have to blame someone blame me not the DEALER as they only have great intentions for all of us to honor Acura's clame to fame car the NSX

You really want to enter the whole event and get the FREE car wash so you guys can be as clean as me the clean cars catch the eyes for the free datail and this guy is great when you see my car (2004) you will see how good he is (the off site parking is not close to the dealership thats why you need a shuttle no photo ops there) so register NOW

GREAT Post Steve. Hopefully this will put an end to all this controversy and bring order back to the NSX community! :rolleyes:

Planning an event is never easy but putting together such a grand scale event to try and accomodate each and every NSX owner is next to impossible. I found out that you can never make everybody happy so you just have to go with the majority.

I understand exactly why a registration form is needed as space is limited and you don't want to leave anyone out. If there is only 50 or less parking spaces that the dealership will accomodate our NSX's, and we have 60 NSX's show up, you don't want to end up with a 1st come 1st served basis and have people disappointed when they drive so far just to end up parking their car in an alternate lot which will get no exposure. This will guarantee a spot for the 1st 50 people that sign up and take the time to download the form and fill it out and fax it in. Anyone can just put their name down and say they are coming but if you have to put a little effort into signing up, sometimes the uncertain people will think twice.

As with the Hooter's luncheon, there were 52 NSX's that said they were coming and we actually got a great turnout of around 45. Things come up in life that sometimes prevents us from doing what we want. Luckily the parking lot was able to accomodate most of us but there were a few NSX's that had to park on the side or in the back and I personally felt bad that they couldn't park in front with the rest of us. :frown:

There is no need to argue any points in regards to giving out personal information or not. Everyone has a valid reason for what they do so if that is the deciding factor between their participation or not, so be it. Like I said, you can't please everyone. I just hope they will still come out and be a part of the awesome festivities. I think this might be the all time NSX EVENT to beat and is only second to NSXPO. I am honored to be included in this event. Thanks Steve and Stockton Acura for putting this together. :biggrin:

:biggrin:

I sent my info today....even my Social LOL!!!!

If anyone would be afraid to submit info, it would be me..I had ID theft occur to me about 3 years ago, it was an ordeal. Luckily it has all been resolved, and I see NO PROBLEM with the info requested by Stockton Acura. If they would like to junk mail me in the future so be it. At least I'll know where the obtained my address from...ME

Attachments

• 1251334-wtf-lightning.jpg
    1251334-wtf-lightning.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 264
NSXVURGIN said:
:biggrin: <snip> If they would like to junk mail me in the future so be it.

i see the problem... :smile: (edited to include the smiley face in an attempt to conform to apparent protocol)

Attachments

• cranial-rectal.JPG
    cranial-rectal.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 252
Updating the list.

1. Hrant - 2
2. Beerdog - 2
3. juejaimon
4. rowr -2
5. D'Ecosse
6. ryan1926 - 2
7. Drunkinfoolio
8. SMGNSX
9. NSX-Tuner
10. mickeylex - 2
11. NorCalwhite - 2
12. smooth
13. Litespeeds
14. NSXVURGIN
15. Hiroshima (J)
16. racerex
17. NMYMIRR
18. Vytas
19. randomharmony
20. Terpak
21. Don W.
22. 1UFO2C
23. Luu
24. RonNRaiders
25. Jeff F
26. Dave/Molly
27. ryans
28. NSXer119
29. Allen S.
30. Bobolinski - 2
31. NSFRBlK
32. nsxclassact
33. Ashik - 2
34. Octan3
35. Arlorey - 2
36. Ben
37. Morris
38. Nastro
39. RAVN NSX
40. Mark & Sandy aka smhrednsx91 -2
41. MikeC_587
42. Tom Kohrs & Siew Pheng Tung - 2
43. LitoG
44. jbum and girlfriend - 2
45. Silver-Streak (Ariel)
46. AMGNSX (Ariel+Wifie?)
47. I Grok NSX - 2 (50/50 possibility of going)
48. AlwaysRussian
49. Spartan 2-3 (2)
50. (NSX REY) - 2
51. Chun M

Count me in! :biggrin:

Sent the Resistration but forgot to update the List.

Anyone else coming from the Central Coast or So. CA?
I will be headed East on 41 and then North on I-5
If you want to meet somewhere along the way send me a PM

1. Hrant - 2
2. Beerdog - 2
3. juejaimon
4. rowr -2
5. D'Ecosse
6. ryan1926 - 2
7. Drunkinfoolio
8. SMGNSX
9. NSX-Tuner
10. mickeylex - 2
11. NorCalwhite - 2
12. smooth
13. Litespeeds
14. NSXVURGIN
15. Hiroshima (J)
16. racerex
17. NMYMIRR
18. Vytas
19. randomharmony
20. Terpak
21. Don W.
22. 1UFO2C
23. Luu
24. RonNRaiders
25. Jeff F
26. Dave/Molly
27. ryans
28. NSXer119
29. Allen S.
30. Bobolinski - 2
31. NSFRBlK
32. nsxclassact
33. Ashik - 2
34. Octan3
35. Arlorey - 2
36. Ben
37. Morris
38. Nastro
39. RAVN NSX
41. MikeC_587
43. LitoG
48. AlwaysRussian
49. Spartan 2-3 (2)
50. (NSX REY) - 2
51. Chun M
52. Cruzrmm (2)

Great post Steve. Another member called me to tell me take a look at the fun and excitment of this thread. Wow. :eek:

Back to topic.
Thanks Steve, Hrant, tk, and others who were involved with putting this together. I was a micro-cog in NSXPO2003's machine and could not believe how much work it took to do my small part. Cheers to the members and the dealership for putting this together.

Sent in my info, hope to see all of you there.

1. Hrant - 2
2. Beerdog - 2
3. juejaimon
4. rowr -2
5. D'Ecosse
6. ryan1926 - 2
7. Drunkinfoolio
8. SMGNSX
9. NSX-Tuner
10. mickeylex - 2
11. NorCalwhite - 2
12. smooth
13. Litespeeds
14. NSXVURGIN
15. Hiroshima (J)
16. racerex
17. NMYMIRR
18. Vytas
19. randomharmony
20. Terpak
21. Don W.
22. 1UFO2C
23. Luu
24. RonNRaiders
25. Jeff F
26. Dave/Molly
27. ryans
28. NSXer119
29. Allen S.
30. Bobolinski - 2
31. NSFRBlK
32. nsxclassact
33. Ashik - 2
34. Octan3
35. Arlorey - 2
36. Ben
37. Morris
38. Nastro
39. RAVN NSX
41. MikeC_587
43. LitoG
48. AlwaysRussian
49. Spartan 2-3 (2)
50. (NSX REY) - 2
51. Chun M
52. s4play (+1 ladyfriend)

I can't believe this thread has turned into this incredible display of personal opinions! I for one don't even own an NSX but damn some of you are really some tight ass'd guys!

The BMW community does a Bimmerfest event every year in Santa Barbara backed by a dealership as well and I've gone for 4 years straight and never once have I heard complaining about giving out your name and address....who do you guys think you are??? the president?

As Hrant and many others have said, this event is VOLUNTARY so go if you want, don't go if you don't! No one is forcing you...I for one am very happy to help out a dealer when they are putting money and time into an event to benefit you guys (NSX OWNERS).

Promotion or not, this is taking up their time and I don't see the big deal in asking for a little cooperation in return. I want to sign up but since I don't officially have an NSX, I can't even sign up so I'm going just as a spectator :)

I have to agree the wording on the registration form surprised me a bit but who cares...it was last minute.

Funny how almost all the complaining are from people who contribute very little but talk the most. Recently we had a big s2000 BBQ at a member's house and some people still had the audacity to complain when this guy opened his house and wallet to all the s2ki.com members. Don't forget most of these people are just strangers that drive the same car!

I think all of you should just relax and attend the show if you want to come. I can't wait to come and see some nice cars, enjoy the food and hopefully find my own NSX soon.

Personal info is so easy to get these days (my buddy can get credit cards, addresses, social, etc) in seconds from just one piece of info so I don't know why you guys get so worked up about this....jeezus.

Rick

Seems like we have more than enough NSX's to do a group photo like this... :biggrin:

Attachments

• Ferrari_Overhead Pic.jpeg
    Ferrari_Overhead Pic.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 214
s4play said:
I for one don't even own an NSX but damn some of you are really some tight ass'd guys!
hey, thanks for noticing - it's summer and i've been working out :biggrin:

i, for one, can't think of anything new to add to this thread. :eek:

s4play said:
52. s4play (+1 ladyfriend)

I can't believe this thread has turned into this incredible display of personal opinions! I for one don't even own an NSX but damn some of you are really some tight ass'd guys!

The BMW community does a Bimmerfest event every year in Santa Barbara backed by a dealership as well and I've gone for 4 years straight and never once have I heard complaining about giving out your name and address....who do you guys think you are??? the president?

As Hrant and many others have said, this event is VOLUNTARY so go if you want, don't go if you don't! No one is forcing you...I for one am very happy to help out a dealer when they are putting money and time into an event to benefit you guys (NSX OWNERS).

Promotion or not, this is taking up their time and I don't see the big deal in asking for a little cooperation in return. I want to sign up but since I don't officially have an NSX, I can't even sign up so I'm going just as a spectator :)

I have to agree the wording on the registration form surprised me a bit but who cares...it was last minute.

Funny how almost all the complaining are from people who contribute very little but talk the most. Recently we had a big s2000 BBQ at a member's house and some people still had the audacity to complain when this guy opened his house and wallet to all the s2ki.com members. Don't forget most of these people are just strangers that drive the same car!

I think all of you should just relax and attend the show if you want to come. I can't wait to come and see some nice cars, enjoy the food and hopefully find my own NSX soon.

Personal info is so easy to get these days (my buddy can get credit cards, addresses, social, etc) in seconds from just one piece of info so I don't know why you guys get so worked up about this....jeezus.

Rick
Many thanks for the organizers' efforts to put this event together and I do appreciate the explanations of the requirement of registration.
Everyone is trying to clear the air and trying to restore the comaraderie of the NSXCA.
But I have to say that the above jabs and challenges from this Rick are totally uncalled for.
Also, is this a NSXCA official club event for members? I strongly urge people who are benefiting from this event to show your support by joining NSXCA if you have not done so.
Peace.
Steve

NSXVURGIN said:
hahahahahaha - i'm laughing so hard right now... a perfect conclusion to any hint of "issue" wrt this thread... this is a **classic** pic, thanks for sharing!!!

hal
(i'm almost choking i'm laughing so hard... actually, i'm going to save the file and use in business when stuff like this just won't die a natural death).

Re: Is that all there is??

I, for one, can't think of anything new to add to this thread.
You guys peaked too early!! Well rest up and we'll have Fearless Leader give you all a lecture on the weekend when he tries to catch up with the rest of the world. That oughta fire you up again. :rolleyes:

ryan1926 said:
Seems like we have more than enough NSX's to do a group photo like this... :biggrin:

I remember in NSX Fiesta 2000 (or 2001), they did this, and spelled out "N S X" on the track.

Back