• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You are invited to a July 9th Hosted BBQ at Acura of Stockton

How about we forget this event entirely and just meet at the Macronii Grill in McCarthy ranch. :biggrin: (just kidding).

Last edited:
If only...Queenlives is not present j/k hehehe.

Vytas said:
How about we forget this event entirely and just meet at the Macronii Grill in McCarthy ranch. :biggrin:

s4play said:
Funny how almost all the complaining are from people who contribute very little but talk the most.
I've personally spent thousands of unremunerated dollars both hosting and contributing to NSX events and giving free parts to fellow members - have you? I am a private person and don't welcome spam or telemarketers so I just wish to preserve my privacy. Is that too much too ask? You guys make me make me want to dump the NSX and join the P-Car or F-Car ranks. Have fun in Stockton without me - and don't expect to be invited back to the country club... :cool:

Last edited:
Vytas said:
How about we forget this event entirely and just meet at the Macronii Grill in McCarthy ranch. :biggrin:

Vytas, you are too funny - don't take us down another tangent. The one this thread is already on is enough. :tongue:

I'm glad the majority of people (looks like 45+ cars) who have signed up on the thread are still planning on going. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Vytas said:
SOOO...
where r we going for july meet????
Milpitas or Stockton?? :confused:

You are a private person, Does anyone know your name? does anyone know your cell phone or email address?

All we need is a NAME and a way to let you know we received your application, Be real how personal is that

I was hoping you would attend our event in Stockton as I really wanted to see your car as did the Dealer. But if I have to I will just BUY ONE!

Dinan M3 said:
I've personally spent thousands of unremunerated dollars both hosting and contributing to NSX events and giving free parts to fellow members - have you? I am a private person and don't welcome spam or telemarketers so I just wish to preserve my privacy. Is that too much too ask? You guys make me make me want to dump the NSX and join the P-Car or F-Car ranks. Have fun in Stockton without me - and don't expect to be invited back to the country club... :cool:

I don't think S4PLAY is talking about you in specific so please don't let his thoughts get you upset. I think he is overall a nice guy as with everyone else here on Prime. It's just that some people just don't understand how other's feel about privacy. You have probably the nicest Zanardi around and with the CTSC, is probably a one of a kind. We would all love for you to attend the festivities with us. For those of us that knows you, your word is like a binding contract and if you say you will be somewhere, we can count on you to be there. Life is too short to let comments from those who don't even know you get to you. Hope you change your mind and join us. :frown:

But if you do dump the NSX, please feel free to dump on me. :eek: :biggrin:

I am still in...here is my info

Lito Gonzales....cell is 707 208 0261...emial is [email protected]

91 blk/blk, only 18K miles, DynoPack 346.5, 9lb CTSC,upgraded injectors,Headers,track pipes,Exhaust,short grears & 4.55,BremboGTRSMO,TeinRA,CTsway bars,18x8F/19x10Works Seekers, concealed Pasport SR7,crappy stock stereo

91 Rd/blk, 88K miles, Comtech headers, Random HiFlo Cats, Taitic Lightweight GT,Dali Chip,TeinRA,17/17 Saichi,WestWings kit

SMGNSX said:
All we need is a NAME and a way to let you know we received your application <snip>

steve,

thx for this. since you're the guy who seems to have taken ownership of this event, are you saying that all is needed at this time is our name and an email *or* phone to be contacted for the purposes of confirming receipt of our registration for the event? if so, cool.

thx,
hal

Last edited:
Litespeeds said:
I don't think S4PLAY is talking about you in specific.:eek: :biggrin:

and though he may be talking about me, he would be seriously misinformed. in 5 yrs of owning an nsx (small break while between rides), i:

* attended 3 macaroni grill lunch meets. no volunteering requested, but i paid my bill and left a generous tip. (oh, and after the 1st lunch, i bought a CT blower :)

* attended 2 lunch meets at owners houses. no volunteering requested, but i promptly sent - and posted - thank you emails to each hosting family.

* attended the latest lunch meet at hooters. while i was originally not in favor of hooters as a location, i was eventually seduced by the idea of seeing so many nsx's and "feelin' the luv" of being with other nsx owners. believing there was a unique opportunity for us as a community, i offered to take and distribute digital pics of owners/cars/hooterettes and suggested making a donation to an charity (and giving hooter's staff members a really nice tip <hey, i know what you're thinkin', knock it off!> :) my offer of willingness to help is at http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51631 .

as for this event, it began as a typical lunch meet, then morphed into a commercial event. some people have registered under the morphed terms of participation, while others choose to not participate under those terms... in or out, people *vote with their feet*.

finally, yes, it *is* clear that some of us value our privacy more than others - to each his own... whatever works for each of us is *our own* business, not someone elses.

based on the registration, it looks like there should be a good turnout - enjoy.

best,
hal

hey guys,

Sorry if my comments seem a bit mis-guided - I was NOT talking about any of you but just saying in general from what I have seen at various gatherings, meets, bbq's, etc. And trust me when I say I've been to a lot of meets!!!! Being an avid BMW fan, Audi fan, S2000 fan and a few other cars, I have been to countless events and each one has their positive / negatives.

Every crowd has their "bad apples" but I never forget to thank the organizer who can never be forgetten since they are the ones who put the most effort / $$$ for the rest of us to enjoy :)

I think the people on this forum are the nicest most mature bunch so I'm very excited to meet some local bay area members.

Privacy is a big thing for me too since we all hate telemarketers and SPAM. I try to limit who I give out my personal info to but for events such as this, I just put my trust in the organizers that they will do things in good taste. I live almost an hour away from Stockton and will most likely never go there for service either but just knowing the dealer is going out of their way to help us out is more than enough for me to trust them too.

See ya all on July 9th :)

I'm missing the Drifting event at Sonoma that same day to be with you guys....

Bay Area Caravan: contact me if you need more info!

regards,
rick

FYI, the Vipers Club America just did a special TV shoot for Discovery Channel @ Hooters the weekend before our June meet. Also the Covett club had a meeting there few weeks before.

On the other hand, I'm glad to see the enthusiasm shown on this thread. There's nothing wrong for being passionate about our car and our club, just try NOT to spin it too much out of control. :biggrin: So, PLEASE, Lighten up everyone!! Welcome Rick! And Please reconsider #009!

PS,
queenlives said:
...then morphed into a commercial event.
This is your own interpretation, it's not true. No one is trying to sell anything here. :smile:

I can't wait... let's see...

• A Free Carwash
  • A Parade through town
  • Free Lunch
  • Free Stuff
  • Car Show and prizes
  • And something special that's suppose to blow our socks off...

Sounds like an awesome meet... :cool:

randomharmony said:
FYI, the Vipers Club America just did a special TV shoot for Discovery Channel @ Hooters the weekend before our June meet. Also the Covett club had a meeting there few weeks before.
i rest my case.

[/QUOTE]This is your own interpretation, it's not true. No one is trying to sell anything here. :smile:[/QUOTE]

tk's post, #153
"...plus some basic information so that they have an opportunity to compete for your next car purchase. If you don't want to support our area dealers, don't expect them to support us."

it's clear now: i misinterpreted tk's post and word "commercial". tk was apparently the creator/contributor of the registration form, so i believe(d) he was an organizer and spoke from a position of responsiblity.

thx for clearing this up for me. i'll say it again, have a good event.
hal

NSX-Tuner said:
I can't wait... let's see...

• <snip>
  • And something special that's suppose to blow our socks off...

• i was hoping for that at hooters, but hey... a guy needs something to look forward to :)

amgnsx said:
DOC??? A Hooter girl??? WOOOHOOO!!! :eek:
Which one r u taking? got any pix? :biggrin:

well as for me. it's a 51/49 chance i might make this one. but count me in anyway. :smile:
Here is the Hooters girl. I am not sure if "it" is a she or a he. :eek:
Steve

Attachments

• USAModel.jpg
    USAModel.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 416
queenlives said:
i was hoping for that at hooters, but hey... a guy needs something to look forward to :)

randomharmony said:
...What it comes down to is about setting the right expectation...

i hope we are finally on the same page, hate to see anyone get dissapointed because if that's the case, i'm sure someone will broadcast it. :wink:

On the side note, has anyone seen "Batman Begins" yet? i'm not wild on action flicks, but this one is a lot more than the typical "good vs. evil". I really enjoy it, and i am willing to say that it's the movie you gotta see this summer. :biggrin: Go watch it, maybe this will lighten everyone up. :wink:

randomharmony said:
i hope we are finally on the same page, hate to see anyone get dissapointed because if that's the case, i'm sure someone will broadcast it. :wink:

On the side note, has anyone seen "Batman Begins" yet? i'm not wild on action flicks, but this one is a lot more than the typical "good vs. evil". I really enjoy it, and i am willing to say that it's the movie you gotta see this summer. :biggrin: Go watch it, maybe this will lighten everyone up. :wink:
i thought it was an exceptionally well done movie... bordering on being a f-i-l-m wrt introducing the character, etc.

Back