• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You know you own an NSX when...

When your friend posts on face book
"my little sister isn't a baby of many words that isn't baby talkbut today she was going through my phone and came across your car and was like "car?" I replied yes, then she says "wow"."

To be complimented from a child who doesn't know how to make a sentence...... IMO children say how it is. They will tell you straight up if your fat or skinny or pretty or ugly. This means more than some random person saying nice car.

i know what you mean. a few weeks ago i was on a date and driving through the movie parking lot i was waiting for a spot to open up. while we were sitting there a family was walking by and the their little girl no more than 2 or 3 started pointing at my car said "nice car". the girl i was with thought that was the cutiest thing in the world.

Funniest thing the other day.... 3 english dudes look at my car waiting in front of the stopping light. I can hear one saying "that's a f*cking Ferrari" I look sideways and say "don't insult me it's a Honda NSX" Then other other guy says "oh never mind then we were gonna steal your car but now you can keep it yourself". Mind you they were driving a '92 BMW 316 all pimped up....:biggrin:.

Coming out of a store the other day I saw a couple close to my car taking a picture of a kid standing by the driver's door with his hand resting on my rear view mirror. I was tempted to use my remote to set the alarm off. :)

was at a red-light the other day and young guy in a mustang pulls up next to me and first has to lower his jensens 6x9 's and then he asks "is that a real nsx"...did not know there was another type....

LOL jensens 6x9!!! LMAO

was at a red-light the other day and young guy in a mustang pulls up next to me and first has to lower his jensens 6x9 's and then he asks "is that a real nsx"...did not know there was another type....

a woman tells you, "I would totally fuck the shit out of you right now because of your car." :smile:

true story. i declined because she wasn't exactly my type. lol.

Fat? If not, go for it! :D

When the sales woman at the Acura dealership asks you what kind of car is that. "NSX"

"Who makes it?"

Slap my hand to my forehead.

DITTO! Had this happen to me too? Some of the current staff at Acura has forgotten their 17 year flagship = FAIL!

you never drive it without checking the weather report first.

+1...but I'm not afraid of a little rain anyway.

When it gets to the point the other half is unhappy when you spend time with 'her'. And it's less than two weeks since I've owned 'her'.

Tell her to learn from the car about how to "please you". ;)

Ooh, ooh! I got another one!

When you're (of a certain age) and your wife rolls her eyes every time you want to drive somewhere in the NSX and complains that the car is too low to ingress/egress comfortably because your body doesn't bend that way anymore.

(Yes, getting old truly, truly sucks. 50 is the new 30 my @ss. And I'm a long way past 50.) :biggrin::biggrin:

Trade-in for a new model...wife that is, not the car! :D

You get asked if it's a kit car.

And a true story. A cop gave me a ticket for the exhaust on my Skyline being too loud. 4 hours later I pass him again with my NSX (then a straight and about 4 times louder than my Skyline ). He followed me all the way to my home, got out and told me NICE CAR! No ticket but I'm pretty sure he left drool marks on my paint job. Got to love the irony.

I would've bartered giving him a ride in exchange for tearing up the ticket!

When your friend posts on face book
"my little sister isn't a baby of many words that isn't baby talkbut today she was going through my phone and came across your car and was like "car?" I replied yes, then she says "wow"."

To be complimented from a child who doesn't know how to make a sentence...... IMO children say how it is. They will tell you straight up if your fat or skinny or pretty or ugly. This means more than some random person saying nice car.

When even an 80 yo female neighbor comments that your car is nice. :)

i know what you mean. a few weeks ago i was on a date and driving through the movie parking lot i was waiting for a spot to open up. while we were sitting there a family was walking by and the their little girl no more than 2 or 3 started pointing at my car said "nice car". the girl i was with thought that was the cutiest thing in the world.

From young children to the very elderly, they know beauty when they see it.

Coming out of a store the other day I saw a couple close to my car taking a picture of a kid standing by the driver's door with his hand resting on my rear view mirror. I was tempted to use my remote to set the alarm off. :)

I always get a sense of pride when I trip across this happening...and always try to intervene and offer them a closer look/sit-in/etc... 'cause I wish exotic owners would have done so for me in my teen years.

You told him it was a Mustang with a kit car body, right? :D

I love this thread....

Last edited:
I would've bartered giving him a ride in exchange for tearing up the ticket!

No need, I just showed up in court showing the pipes on my skyline were within the requirements under the current laws and it was dismissed. The police in my area know all my cars and are cool about them. That cop was from another town coming to help in mine and he just had a hissy fit when it came to my skyline. I even told him I would fight the ticket and he just shruged and went back to talking about my NSX.

Last edited:
You buy the neighbor's second house, park your NSX out front and your new neighbor's friend ask him if he sold his house to a drug dealer. ( Another true story for me )

Deep down you want to drive your NSX everywhere but always think about the "parking" situation of the places you're going before you do so.

This one might have been said before, but it's when people talk to you about NSX, they will tell you facts about it.

Like one time at a gas station, a guy was admiring my NSX and he told me that the engine was in the back and that the car was made with aluminum to keep the weight down. :rolleyes:

This one might have been said before, but it's when people talk to you about NSX, they will tell you facts about it.

Like one time at a gas station, a guy was admiring my NSX and he told me that the engine was in the back and that the car was made with aluminum to keep the weight down. :rolleyes:

If I was in a sarcastic mood I would have popped the bonnet and point to the spare tire and said "I thought this had a rotary up front!?"

when people tend to let you get over or the right away in traffic more often so they can check your car out.
I've always wondered was this the case, B/c anytime traffic is crazy, I have NO problem easing through traffic.

I've always wondered was this the case, B/c anytime traffic is crazy, I have NO problem easing through traffic.

theres a popular spot where a lot of people do U turns where i live. you always have to wait forever for traffic to die down a little to do your U turn. but whenever i pull up in my X they go out their way to stop or slow down to let me turn. thats not the case when im in my CL.

When you driving and see an NSX on the road and think "Damn, that's a nice car" Then get really jealous of him because he is driving an NSX and yours is in the garage at home.

You get back from a 4 day trip and can't wait till the morning to drive it so you go sit in it, start it up and let it idle in garage. I did just that last month and wife came out and asked what I was doing. Told her I wanted to make sure it would start after sitting for 4 days. Didn't want to tell her that I just couldn't wait till the morning as she already thinks I have a love affair with the car, and she's right.:biggrin:

I had a Corvette owner compliment me on my nice "Corvette"...

Back