• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You know you own an NSX when...

when you appear in front of a Judge (who's an NSX fan) to represent a client and rather than beginning with the hearing at issue, the Judge asks, "So how's the baby?" and proceeds to engage in conversation about my NSX, totally disregarding my client's problems. Opposing counsel is thinking I had a new child, and has to ask the Judge to proceed with the hearing. Lol.

You swerve like a madman to avoid plastic shopping bags that have been kicked up ... and when you do go over one, and you don't see it in the rearview mirror, you know exactly where it went: plastered to the radiator.

P.S. this just happened. Again.

They always seem to get stuck to my headers :(

you've tried 3 different exhausts and tire/wheel combos...

And people sit in my car and say "why are you dodging it, it's just a trash bag". Then when I stop they think I'm taking care of the bag and instead I say GTFO.

Many years ago - mid-1980s - we drove over a plastic bag in our Mustang and it melted onto the muffler. It stank to high heaven whenever the car got hot, but when the car was cool the plastic was impossible to chip off. This went on for weeks, until finally it burned off.

Ever since then, my wife and I have avoided driving over plastic bags like the plague.

You think the Advan AVS Model 5s are the greatest wheel ever created in the history of wheel creation......:tongue:

.....you take apart your now 18 year old NSX and take over 6 months putting it back together to replace every worn out or corroded bolt, bulb, bracket, washer, and everything else that does not look new because you think NOT doing it would be a disgrace to your car. :)

You find yourself staying in the same hotel that the Ferrari Club is having their annual wine & cheese gathering and the valet parks your NSX right behind the club president's 458 Italia (much to his dismay) and everyone with a camera phone immediately starts firing off pics :biggrin: This just happened last weekend in Sausalito.

Last edited:
When your driving your daily driver to work and you see another NSX ower driving theirs and you get excited and say to yourself: I wish I was driving mine.

When your driving your daily driver to work and you see another NSX ower driving theirs and you get excited and say to yourself: I wish I was driving mine.

I swear that the only time I see another NSX on the road is when I am NOT driving mine. ARGH! :mad:

you stop by a ferrari dealership and everyone crowds around your car taking pictures, while giving less attention to the ferrari's.

or

a white trash idiot in an SUV revs on you then takes off real fast swerving through traffic like an idiot.

When I bought my car it was 10 years old and had 56K miles and the first thing I did was have the timing belt replaced.

Now my car is 17 years old and has 140K miles and I just made an appointment for next week to have the timing belt replaced again.

When you've done the timing belt more than once, then you know you own an NSX. :)

. . . you look for any excuse, at least once per trip, to touch 8,000 RPM.

When your the envy of every import show

- When girls at the import car show ask their boyfriends to take their picture in front of your NSX :wink:

- When you overhear a guy at the car show audibly moan while looking at the NSX

attachment.php

Attachments

• LVRSEOS1.jpg
    LVRSEOS1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 770
When you are sitting at a light with your new-to-you NSX, and your teenage daughter says "dad, I now know how low this car is.... we're looking UP at that little Honda Civic in front of us!"

When the very first thing you do every morning is walk out to the garage to drool over your baby, and the very last thing you do before you go to bed, you guessed it, go out to the garage and drool over your baby one last time.

You find it MUCH easier to use the walk-up ATM.

You're on a date with your girl on Friday night and you catch yourself checking the forum and parts for sale section as well. Smh...

Back