• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Youngest NSX driver here?

I purchased my first NSX at 27, it was a Red/Black NSX '91 with 10K miles. I am now 33 and have just purchased a Red/Black '00 NSX-T with 2K miles. Between me and my wife I also currently own a '96 Porsche 911TT, '00 BMW M5, '98 Hummer Wagon, '98 Lexus LS400, '01 Lexus LX470, '00 Westfield Seight, '87 Ferrari Testarossa, '01 Caterham R500, and probably a few others that I can't think of right now. I am real good at buying cars, I just am not quite as good at selling them. I also own a couple of planes and a house with a couple of garages for all of my toys.

I can honestly say the things that I am most proud of are my wife and my two daughters. My wife supported me when I first started my business 12 years ago, and now she gets everything I can give her.

I have worked very hard for the financial success that I have achieved, but none of it matters without someone to enjoy it with.

Happy Holidays!

Hey Carguy, are any of your daughter's single and of marriable (sp?) age? Is your health failing by chance?
smile.gif

maomaonsx,
I have a side line business where we import Caterhams into the US for the Northeast called Great Lakes Caterham. If you want I can refer you to someone closer that can bring in any type of Caterham you are interested in. The R500 is considered a race car and isn't currently legal to be driven on the street. We are using Ford ZTEC motors in the other Caterhams and they can be licensed in any state. Let me also say if you think the NSX is fast you need to drive an R500, this car is insane! My car weighs in at 1016 pounds and dyno's out at 254hp. The R500 kit complete with engine is $48,000. The specs on the car can be seen at Caterhams web site. http://www.caterham.co.uk/showroom/index.htm

Edo,
Sorry my oldest daughter is 4 1/2 and my youngest is 3 months. Hopefully they won't be thinking about marriage for about 20 years at least. As for my health, I am 33 and feeling great!

Oh Yeah? Igot you all beat. I purchased my car at 4! I was 30 when I purchased mine, (33 Now) but wife made me do the house, and her car before I purchased mine. She wanted an Mercedes E55, which is almost as fast as my 94NSX will all of the Mods done to it. I am a partner in computer company, that is IBM's largest Dist of Unix Systems. Back to the young ones who were investing at 16...Hmmm where did they get the $$$ to invest?

I know I'm the new guy here and risk getting flamed, but am I the only one sick of this thread? Shouldn't you guys all discuss this this stuff at your country club?

Country club? Hell no! Boring...

I hang out at the track! And this is not what we talk about there... instead, we talk about the proper line through turns 5 and 6.
smile.gif

Of course, people who hang out at the track don't call themselves "notfast"...
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 November 2000).]

I have one more question for you who are married and have multiple cars. How did you convince your wife that you had to get NSX? How do you convince your wife that $30-$40k for 10 year old car is worth every single penny?

I feel quite dumb asking this question..., but I don't want to do things just to make myself happy when someone so significant won't be happy...

Tiger740

Buy it for your wife, just last week my girlfriend got a brand new leaf blower for her birthday.
wink.gif

by the way 30 years young and loven every minute of it!

OMG!!! Never thought about that!!
Thank you so much.. That is brilliant.

I am going to do it!

I bought my first NSX at age 16. I could have easily purchased it cash at age 15, but I had to wait until I got my license
frown.gif

I made all of my money by investing the cash I made doing web consulting after I dropped out of school at age 12. By my 17th birthday, I was worth $750,000. It really pisses me off when people assume that my parents gave me my cash! Hell, there are TONS of guys just like me!

biggrin.gif

Hehehe... sarcasm, gotta love it!
wink.gif
No offense intended to the remarkable child prodigies we have here
smile.gif
I can't help it... I'm a bitter old guy who was working in IT on Wall St. when todays 16 year olds were in kindegarten, but yet still had to wait to 31 to get an NSX
frown.gif

Originally posted by Tiger740:
I have one more question for you who are married and have multiple cars. How did you convince your wife that you had to get NSX? How do you convince your wife that $30-$40k for 10 year old car is worth every single penny?

I told my wife I was having a mid-life crisis, and I either needed to get a red sports car or a 21 year old blonde; and then let her make the choice
smile.gif

-Bob ('94 #496)

Originally posted by Tiger740:
OMG!!! Never thought about that!!
Thank you so much.. That is brilliant.

I am going to do it!

Careful if your wife becomes addicted to the car and hogs it, because after all you bought it "for" her didn't you?
tongue.gif

Yeah, I bought a very expensive car 8 years ago.paid cash.. told my then current wife it was for 'her" never do it. guess who is still driving it now? not me
wink.gif

And as for the country club.never been in one.like most of the rest give me the track including dragstrip.love the smell of burning tires..reminds me of victory
smile.gif

Bought mine when I was 18, am currently almost 26. (This is back when they were only $60,000, not $80,000+).

This was pre-stock market splurge days... I earned every penny the hard way
smile.gif

Would I do it again if I had the chance? You bet... don't regret my NSX purchase a single bit, nor do I anticipate ever selling it. I may however aquire a 2nd one :p

-B

Originally posted by NSEX:
I'm not sure if this topic has been posted before or not, but it seems there're many 20 something NSX drivers here. I for one, 21 years old and I got my NSX when I was 20. Anyone else?
And are you still living at home with the rents.... or do you own one?

This thread sounds like the lyric:
"I am sixteen going on seventeen"
Now you know how old I've gotta be to remember that!

[This message has been edited by pbassjo (edited 27 March 2002).]

Fell in love with the NSX at age 22 and bought one at age 25. I know nothing about computers so I became a drug dealer. Funny thing is my parents made me take the long route and get a license in pharmacy. Should have seen the look on the face of my neighbor (a state trooper) when I told him I bought my car with drug money!

I had no problems convincing my wife on getting an NSX. As long as you can convince her that you can afford it after all other expenses. (401k, Mortgage, Utilities, other car payments, etc.) I'm got my NSX at 31.

I purchased my nsx after making sure I had enough garages to protect all my cars.

For those who don't have a house yet, I highly recommend getting at least a 4 car garage in your next home.

1. For her commuter car
2. For your commuter car
3. For your weekend car
4. For storage

[This message has been edited by wctsao (edited 28 March 2002).]

Back