• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Youngest NSX driver here?

I got my 91 black/ivory 4 months ago, a week before my 21. I got the loan on my own, pay my car payment on my own, pay my insurance on my own, and because of that you appreciate it alot more than the kid who dad bought it for. Just my 2 cents

I don't have my NSX yet.will as soon as i get back to the states. Military doesn't pay me alot but then again i don't have many expenses, i'm single, no kids, Military feeds me, provides me a nice place to live, free health and medical benefits, and I also plan on staying with the parents for as long as I can, maybe even keep the house once they decide to retire and go back to Mexico. Nothing wrong with living with your parents IMO. You save alot of money that way. I think Italians practice this alot.So i can honestly say most of my pay is gonna go towards owning an NSX , and i'm not gonna regret it one bit.

Yeah, over in Italy, you find unmarried sons living at home until they are thirty.

Im 20 and do not own an NSX. It is my dream car and i worked very hard to buy one. I CAN buy one now, but i decided to be patient and invest my money. Hopefully in one year i can buy a new NSX instead of a 92-93 like the original plan.

BTW i'm 22, by the time i get back i'll be a year older so hopefully when i do get an NSX i'll be 23

Hmm,

Homeless at age 22 until at age 23 started living with my aunt. I then moved further north to a college where I went to the academy, graduated, became a police officer in Miami, saved up some money, sold my pathetic '97 eclipse (should have done that alot sooner) and got my NSX at age 23.

In retrospect. I should have sold the Eclipse and got myself a '95 Integra GSR. Then I would get my house. Later, I would finally get my NSX. However, the NSX bug was stronger than common sense and I did things backwards.

To all the young futur NSX owner's. If you've already gotten yourself a nice home (with a garage) and a primary vehicle, then you are in a prime position for an NSX. Otherwise you will be putting a great deal of strain on yourself and the NSX. Imagine using it as your primary vehicle without a garage to park her in and you can comprehend the trials and tribulations you will put yourself through. Trust me I speak from experience. It is well worth the wait.

Good luck.

------------------
'91 blk/blk NSX
'96 Green Integra GSR
'02 CBR F4i Yellow/Black
Honda rules

How have you been Kev? I heard you finally got a house with a garage. Congrats. BTW, There's one less black NSX in So. Fla. now and one more pearl yellow.....
smile.gif

hey Max, think you can hook me up with a part-time job once i get back to the States. will most likely need the extra $$ for NSX payments

hey Todd,

Funny as always. Yes I got my home and all. In fact on the phone with James as I type this. Heard you got a yellow NSX now. It fits you. Miss hanging out with you guys. Since you and I work so many hours I probably wont see you for a while.

take care

------------------
'91 blk/blk NSX
'96 Green Integra GSR
'02 CBR F4i Yellow/Black
Honda rules

OK here's an addition to this seemingly popular thread... what do you youngins pay for Insurance? I'm 31, with a 92 NSX, and full coverage.. I'm right at $200/monthly...

------------------
1992 NSX

Just bought my '94 NSX at age 39. Sort of a belated birthday present for myself.

Seems the NSX is a lot cheaper in the US. FYI, the last time the NSX-T was listed in the Honda pricelist in Holland price was fl. 315000. At the time the equivalent of about US$ 138000.

I'm 27 and I bought my first home when I was 24. I made a lot of money off of the market and from working. I bought into a 2nd home when I was 26. I still drive a Honda although I've been looking for an NSX. I won't buy one unless everything is right. Even though I have the money for one and it's the car of my dreams, making sure that I will get my money's worth is the most important thing to me. I gotta make sure I can retire before I'm 45 but I'll definitely have my NSX before then...

Seeing all these posts from ppl younger than me doesn't make me envious. I think it's totally cool that they were able to make such a smart decision when purchasing a sports car at that age.

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
OK here's an addition to this seemingly popular thread... what do you youngins pay for Insurance? I'm 31, with a 92 NSX, and full coverage.. I'm right at $200/monthly...

I think you should go out and get some other quotes. I used to pay about 650 / Year for my '91, now I pay about $1050 / year for my '00. I don't have a perfect driving record, but I do get a multi-car discount.

I was 15 when I got my 01' S2000. I will be trading it in for a 94'-95' NSX... I am 16 now... I love my parents to death.

Originally posted by JSpec AP1:
I was 15 when I got my 01' S2000. I will be trading it in for a 94'-95' NSX... I am 16 now... I love my parents to death.

Perhaps they would be interested in adopting another son, so that you could have an older brother?

Insurance: Sky-high
Add. Info: I live by myself and I do have indoor parking

------------------
'98-T Kaiser Silver/Black

Back