• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

zanardi nsx roll call

Anyone own #37? It is in my Dupont registry 2005, 3k miles never titled Supercharged asking price was $99k?

Dave Davis, Owner of Davis Acura:wink:

I will never forget the first NSX I ever drove. It was Zanardi #8 at Glendale Mitsubishi in 2003. I went in only because it was parked out front by chance. I was on my way to my mothers house with my wife and son. I had no intention of buying the car, just went in to check it out like I do most every sports car. I took it for a test drive, and the Supra was history soon there after. I sold the Supra, bought my first NSX, a 1997 Kaiser Silver. But I will tell you, I will never forget how cool that Zanardi NSX was...although the condition was questionable, I loved the character in that car...Just thought I would share my experience with the first NSX I ever sat in.....

So if this Zanardi #10 has a clean and a salvage title, can it be registered and insured for street use? :confused:

So if this Zanardi #10 has a clean and a salvage title, can it be registered and insured for street use? :confused:

I'm sure you can still register and insure for street use. The only thing it affects is if you were to resell to a dealer. I don't think they take kindly to salvage titles.

THE CAR WAS PURCHASED BY A THIEF IN 2003 WITH A BOGUS CHECK AND BEFORE THE SCAM WAS CAUGHT, THE THIEF HAD RESOLD THE CAR TO A FLORIDA DEALER WHO FOUGHT THE INSURANCE COMPANY WHO WANTED IT BACK FOR OVER A YEAR. THE CARFAX SHOWS THE CAR BEING STOLEN IN 2004, BUT THAT IS FROM WHEN THE INSURANCE COMPANY FINALLY GOT THE CAR FROM THE FLORIDA DEALER AND REPORTED IT AS A SALVAGE CAR BECAUSE THEY HAD ALREADY PAID THE INSURANCE CLAIM TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER FOR THE THEFT. SO, IN A NUTSHELL, THE CAR IS PERFECT, NEVER WRECKED, AND HAS A CLEAR MICHIGAN TITLE.

I knew I remember reading about something fishy with #10. Could be a good deal though.

This was NSX-Hawk's car and I think it could be a good car to drive and enjoy if can be had at good price and it passes a detailed inspection. There just aren't that many Zanardi's to go around. :frown:

Here's some background info that I dug up a long time ago:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=285312&postcount=5
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=344943

Otto

This was NSX-Hawk's car and I think it could be a good car to drive and enjoy if can be had at good price and it passes a detailed inspection. There just aren't that many Zanardi's to go around. :frown:

Otto

Wait...didn't he have a Zanardi NSX at NSXPO this past year? This is not that same car, is it? :confused:

So Hawk bought (or obtained) #10 after the whole stolen car fiasco, or was he the original owner who was duped to begin with and received the car back?

Otto

I will literally say godamn so that's where she went. Ok folks here's my little story. I reside in Fort Lauderdale Florida and this dealership was at one time on Federal Highway on the west side just before the curve to Sunrise Blvd and in front of a fire station(Building is gone, torn down) I moved here in Sept 2001 and believe I found this car on that lot sometime in late 2002 or early 2003. This dealer always had a few things of interest for me to look at and I always popped in.

Anyways one day I'm there and I see a red NSX against the back fence. I move closer and immediately notice the wheels and realize I stumbled upon the Holy Grail of U.S NSX's a Zanardi!!!!. Anyways here's where it gets fun after realizing what it was I then noticed it's entire passenger side was sideswiped with a big hole in the passenger side of the windshield. It was all sheetmetal damage but it appeared to my untrained eye that it needed a minimum RF fender, door skin, mirror, and windshield, with the quarter panel needing at least a respray. I also noticed the gauges, exhaust, and was told later on that the car did indeed have a supercharger. But the best part is this car sat in this condition for at least 6 months!!!! With rain and leaves getting all over the inside from the busted windshield!!!! I generally visted the poor girl about twice a month and generally more if we had anytype of major thunderstorm activity.

Anyways I was there one day and it had finally been moved and the windshield replaced (still damaged) then another day I was there and it was sitting in the work shop looking clean and gorgeous. Afterthat it was moved to the small showroom where it sat and then one day I came and she was gone. I've been meaning to post this story for quite some time but always forget until saw this thread. Also I couldn't remember the # since with the glare on windshield I couldn't read it. After I get done with this I'm going to shoot off a quick e-mail to the dealership. This car was damaged at one time while not frame damaged there is no way in hell the fender and door skin are orginal.

Ok I sent an e-mail also to the dealership. As I mentioned to him a properly repaired car is still good but what always concerned me was the rain and crap getting into the interior of the car. Even in season we get some hellacious thunderstorms that drop a ton of rain and a lot of that was getting all over the interior of this car

Wait...didn't he have a Zanardi NSX at NSXPO this past year? This is not that same car, is it? :confused:

Yes he did. I know Jim very well and despite some of the cars previous background you would be hard pressed to find a car in better condition. This thing was so clean you could have eaten off of it. He had a bunch of R-Parts on it (wing, engine cover,hood, rebadged to Honda, etc.) It was awesome and he took all that off before sellig it a few months back. I guess the buyer did not want it after all. For anyone that wants a Zanardi to drive and is clean as a whistle this is it. :biggrin:

Like I said your going to have a nice discount because of the title issues but they are passing the car off as a never been damaged sports car which its not

I will bid accordingly..so far I am the high bidder.

I was planning on bidding for this car and holy crap someone went nuts and bid $59,500! I didn't think it would go up so high so quickly...

Last edited:
Ok I sent an e-mail also to the dealership.

Timmy,
From: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=344943
"The car was stolen through fraud (forged cashier's check) from the 2nd
owner, BBBBB of Virginia, in November of 2002. It was then sold to a
dealership in Ft Lauderdale, Florida - EZ Ride Autosales"

Was this the dealership where you saw the damaged Zanardi?

Wow, this is an interesting story...

Bob
Zanardi #26

Timmy,
From: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=344943
"The car was stolen through fraud (forged cashier's check) from the 2nd
owner, BBBBB of Virginia, in November of 2002. It was then sold to a
dealership in Ft Lauderdale, Florida - EZ Ride Autosales"

Was this the dealership where you saw the damaged Zanardi?

Wow, this is an interesting story...

Bob
Zanardi #26

Correct, when I clicked on the story and then saw the pics is when I put 2 and 2 togather

I was planning on bidding for this car and holy crap someone went nuts and bid $59,500! I didn't think it would go up so high so quickly...

I know! I was the high bidder yesterday, and logged in today to see if I was still winning or needed to up my bid, and saw the $59,500 number!! :eek:

Sorry, I was prepared to pay in the mid $40's for it because of the title history, but at almost $60k I will hold out for one with a clean bill of health.

I know! I was the high bidder yesterday, and logged in today to see if I was still winning or needed to up my bid, and saw the $59,500 number!! :eek:

Sorry, I was prepared to pay in the mid $40's for it because of the title history, but at almost $60k I will hold out for one with a clean bill of health.
ditto...

I agree with you guys exactly.

I would also suggest that this is very likely shill bidding. $59.5k for that car + 0 history winning bidder and there are still almost 8 days left on the auction?

Sounds fishy.

I agree with you guys exactly.

I would also suggest that this is very likely shill bidding. $59.5k for that car + 0 history winning bidder and there are still almost 8 days left on the auction?

Sounds fishy.

That's the first thing I looked at after I picked my jaw up off the floor...what was interesting was the 7 bids all one after another from this bidder to bring the price up to $59K. Weird...

Back