• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

zanardi nsx roll call

is there any zanardis left out there?/ who owns them?? i believe it to be the coolest car ever made? please post pics. i had zanardi #20, totalled now. regret the day i sold it.

ZNRDI 50 is still alive and kicking (a**)! :D

IMO as well, it's still the coolest (and most sought after) North American NSX ever! ;)

I'll be keeping mine for as long as I live. This may sound a bit silly but when I pass on, I'd like to see #50 find its final resting place on the 4th floor of the Honda Collection Hall in Twin Ring Motegi - where they display the racing NSX's and F1 cars.

AFAIK, the last time I checked, #49 was totalled, probably around the turn of the century.

Last edited:
Still here, and NOT enjoying the cold.

Otto-joe keeps a master list of the Zanardi’s. From his list as of about one-year ago, I know 12 have been wrecked, two have been totaled or have salvage titles, two have been stolen, and one has an odometer rollback problem. 17 of the Zanardi’s are in California. The next highest state is New York with four Z’s.

The list is getting very short for low-mileage cars and low-mileage-owner cars are more rare.

We bought #26 off the original owner with 15k miles.

Prime members with Zanardi’s are:
#9 Dinan M3
#11 TyraNSX
#13 KGP
#14 Stupidcarguy
#18 Z18
#26 1BADNSX
#31 Gansan
#35 Taj
#41 Kendal
#43 Zanardi43
#45 John Anderson
#47 zanardi 47
#50 Zanardi 50

Bob Butler

KGP sold #13 ~2 months ago. Do you know the #s of the totaled or heavily damaged ones? I know #20 is dead from the transporter.

I was the original owner of Zanardi #13. Bought it brand new from Acura of Portland. I drove the car from Portland to Seattle. Just the drive (2.5hrs) was worth 80k for the car.
I regret that I sold the car for too little and too quick.
Well life goes on...............
Abdul M Bhurgri

How can I let this thread go by without a post. :biggrin:

Ojas has Zanardi #4 so minus 1 from California and add one to Texas. :frown:

#47 is now owned by A10puppy
#10 is owned by NSX-Hawk

Otto

Last edited:
Just wondering why a plaquettes counting from 1 to 50 makes the car so different to an ordinary NSX?

Just wondering why a plaquettes counting from 1 to 50 makes the car so different to an ordinary NSX?

It's not the 'plaquettes', but the fact that they are NA2 coupes with weight reduction that make them special (suspensions are easy enough to swap). For some reason NA2 non T models are nearly unobtainium in the US and even rarer than the Zanardi.

Otto

I was the original owner of Zanardi #13. Bought it brand new from Acura of Portland. I drove the car from Portland to Seattle. Just the drive (2.5hrs) was worth 80k for the car.
Abdul M Bhurgri

Wow! Funny, just the other day I was wondering who bought that Red Zanardi NSX when I was in school. I guess it was you...nice work!
I got to see it up close a couple times...never thought I'd be driving anything like it...I guess I got close. :)

breakdown...

zanardikq4.jpg

In addition to the ones Bob and Otto mentioned, here are a couple more lucky Zanardi owners who are on NSX Prime:

#2 NSX Z#2
#17 ZNSX17

Doh! #2 was on my spreadsheet, but I guess I missed it.

Bob told me who owned #17 but we couldn't come up with Vince's NSXprime name. Now I have it. :smile:

Thanks.

Otto

ZNRDI 50 is still alive and kicking (a**)! :D

IMO as well, it's still the coolest (and most sought after) North American NSX ever! ;)

I'll be keeping mine for as long as I live. This may sound a bit silly but when I pass on, I'd like to see #50 find its final resting place on the 4th floor of the Honda Collection Hall in Twin Ring Motegi - where they display the racing NSX's and F1 cars.

AFAIK, the last time I checked, #49 was totalled, probably around the turn of the century.

I agree, #50 is very cool, and I totally envy you. I'm sure everyone has their price. Just wait for me to win the lottery. Oh wait, I don't play. :frown:

#49 is still around. It was totaled a few months after it was bought but was repaired and registered with a salvage title. It was still running around California racking up the miles as of October last year.

The only one I know of that is gone for good is #20.

#39 was stolen and never recovered, but there's always a hope it can be found.:smile:

Otto

Abdul M Bhurgri

Really? Why did you sell it? And you kept buying other NSXs after selling the Zanardi?

What was your car's VIN ?

Prime member NSX-Hawk is our good friend here in Michigan and he has a spectacular CTSC Zanardi w/ exhaust, NSX-R wing, and lots of other goodies. Very sweet car!

Couple pics..............:biggrin:

12656P1010013-med.jpg

P1020371.jpg

just saw that the manual steering rack seems to delete quite a bit of weight over the electric one. Im looking for an NSX to use as a track car and weight is definately a factor. Does anyone know if the earlier model NA1s came with manual or electric steering racks? could not find anything in the FAQ section.

Back