• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

zanardi, whats it worth?

56k, services done and a clean carfax. n0 43. best freind owned since 7k. orig wheels w orig a022s and my ssrs. any opinions?

Re: my zanardi, whats it worth?

using my magic 8 ball,since you have given us very sparse info on condition and maintanance.....70k

using my magic 8 ball,since you have given us very sparse info on condition and maintanance.....70k

I think that's too high. Mileage is too high.

lol. ur right on the info. paint and int is beautiful and it still has that honda smell. timing belt and water pump, belts done. mod is a jgtc parrallel. sounds great. i do have the stock exhaust.

Its, in essence, a US market type-S (coupe)-sold in limited quantity (49?). That has to be worth something extra IMHO.

i am considering, just struggle with what i would replace it with. its funny but the way it drives wld be almost impossible to duplicate compared to a reg nsx, i know i tried w my 04.

Zanardi's are usually in the 60-65k range based on condition and mileage. Sounds like you have a peach there, I one day hope to acquire a clean Zanardi.

Good luck of you decide to sell, someone on Prime has been waiting for your car for a long time :tongue:

Zanardi's were slow sellers for Acura in '99.

Dealers received $5K trunk money at the end of the model year
and one could purchase new for just over $70K (I did on #17)

IMO the best handling NSX ever sold retail in the US market.

Scan-1.jpg

Last edited:
Those miles make it a $50k car tops. Mods 100% hurt it.

solid ride, test the market...

A '99 Zanardi-edition NSX coupe w/ ~56k miles, clear-title/clean-history, up to date maintenance/service, wear-&-tear/consumables addressed, original/stock condition should likely retail for an asking-price of ~$55k+... IMVHO!

The mileage is "average" for an NSX (~5k/year), and the Zanardi examples that go for a notable premium ($65k-$75k) are the ultra-low/micro mileage examples (~1k/year or so).

And high(er) mileage and/or some "history" on a Zanardi examples are in the ~$45k realm (+/- $5k depending on other details).

The Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust goes for pre-owned $750-$950 in the marketplace. It may or may not be desired by a prospective Zanardi buyer (though, it's good that the original stock exhaust is available).

The SSR wheels (unsure of model/size) can go for ~$1,500+ in the marketplace. Generally speaking, the stock gun-metal Type-S/Zanardi mesh BBS wheels are more desired than after-market offerings w/ regards to the Zanardi.

My take, from afar... :cool:

Last edited:
a few bolts on and any NSX could match a Zanardi.

hell you could buy all zanardi OEM parts and you got one. well almost :cool:

LOL flame suit on.

a few bolts on and any NSX could match a Zanardi.

hell you could buy all zanardi OEM parts and you got one. well almost :cool:

LOL flame suit on.

'cept for the coupe roof... Yes, you could buy a coupe and do a 6spd 3.2L swap and maybe come out ahead of buying a real zanardi...

I have two different friends who own low-mileage unmolested Zanardis and who track the market for them. One of them told me he has received several offers of $73-75K, sight unseen. His mileage is less than yours - around 30K, I believe - but that's what he told me.

An aftermarket exhaust, with the stock one thrown in, won't hurt the value. But if I were your friend, I'd consider selling the aftermarket exhaust separately, and put the stock one back on for the sale. I would do the same with the aftermarket wheels/tires.

When selling a car, if you're not in a hurry, you can always start high, and if it doesn't sell after a while, then lower the price. If I were selling it, I'd post it with an asking price somewhere in the range of $70-75K to start out, and be willing to haggle down by $2-3K. If it didn't sell within a month, I'd drop it by $5K.

This assumes that the car is in excellent condition, all maintenance up to date (including the timing belt and water pump, which should have been changed in 2006 and if so would almost be due again), no major accidents, etc.

Last edited:
Zanardi's desirability stems from the very limited quantity made, thus their value should be commensurate with low mileage as they are "collector's editions". Shawn is right, it is laughably easy to top their mediocre performance if performance is the name of the game. They are still worth more than regular 99 NSXs so I would add a little padding to what those values are and put the value in the $45-50k range given the "well-driven" nature of this example. Just my IMO, it may easily be worth more to the right buyer. Most buyers of collectors cars really want a very low mileage example though, and they have tons of money so they can afford to pay a premium for particulars.

Last edited:
def wld be hard to duplicate. if u drove 2 back to back its actually hard to believe. i def tried to make my 04 as good and it just wasnt the same.

I just bought #32, which was as near to perfect as a "used" car could be. It has just over 13,000 miles, with no mods to speak of. After going over every square inch of the car, inside and out, over the course of the past two weeks, I will confirm that it is impeccable. I've not seen its better.

Its hard to peg a price for such a limited edition/limited market car. However, I will say that as a recent buyer, my decision was based almost entirely on condition, not miles. It happens that the car I found had very low miles, but had it been rid hard and put away wet, I wouldn't have even considered it.

I don't feel it appropriate to divulge the price I paid, but I will say that it was a bit more than I was willing to pay until I saw the car in person. Then I caved in and bought it :) It wasn't cheap.

If the car in question has 50K miles on it and is in pristine condition, I would say its worth around $70. If the condition is less than pristine, then start deducting from the price the cost of making it pristine. Honda certainly isn't building any more of them. Factor in the cost of timing belt/pump if it has yet to be performed. I just had it completed by SOS. That adds 2k to the price of admission.

As far as modifications go, the question is whether they are easily reversed. Aftermarket muffler doesn't worry me, but I would certainly like to see the stock exhaust included in the deal, or reduce the price. Heavy mods or those including body or paint work would reduce value significantly, in my opinion.

Since I'm the guy who most recently put his money where his mouth is, I am entitled my opinions, however goofy they may be :)

I have two different friends who own low-mileage unmolested Zanardis and who track the market for them. One of them told me he has received several offers of $73-75K, sight unseen. His mileage is less than yours - around 30K, I believe - but that's what he told me.

I've had a lot offers for mine in the $60k range but if someone offered $75k, I'd have to really think long and hard about it! :wink:

I must admit, I really do love the car and it appears to be going up in value.

mediocre performance?:confused: compared to a...................?

Compared to most mildly modded NSXs. Even Targas with the right chassis stuff are pretty rigid. Now if you are buying a Zanardi to modify you could end up with a pretty decent NSX. I, like others, just don't find enough satisfaction in the NSX in stock form. Time has unfortunately passed this car by if you leave it stock. To me, it's an amazing platform to build on though and one of the few where the end result is worth keeping.

I would add a little padding to what those values are and put the value in the $45-50k range
Too funny!
emotlol_2.gif
You could look for the next ten years without finding one in that price range - at least, one that hasn't been wrecked and doesn't have mileage way above average. (Remember, 56K is slightly below the median mileage for a '99 NSX. So your claims of it being "well driven" are totally false.)

I see the Zanardi edition as the most desirable NSX as time goes on, due to their rarity. The value will only go up.

In 10 or 20 years a stock A+ condition Zanardi will bring big $$$.

This zanardi discussion is always a hot topic due to its over zealous fans that can't see it's a mildly modded nsx. This car is indeed well driven for a car of which they only made 50, all buyers of this car are collectors at some level or else they wouldn't pay the extra premium for it. The ones that command a premium are ultra-low mileage. Just bc it came from Honda that way doesn't make it super duper awesome. The main appeal is its a 6speed coupe and has a more rigid chassis. You can get that by putting a 6speed in a 91 and adding chassis reinforcement- and you are free to drive without reducing the value of a limited run car.

Last edited:
Back