• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZR1 Nurburgring Official 7:26.4 Record Corvette Run

That is totally awesome. Impressive as hell. Of course, I am sure all kinds of people will come up with all kinds of reasons why this isn't a valid run.

Last edited:
Too bad about that cheesy interior! I'm just kidding:biggrin:

All joking aside, that video is simply awe inspiring. I kept watching the way that car accelerate from about 60-100 at about the 1:40 mark. Brutal!

Kudos to GM and God knows they could use a little ray of sunshine about now.

That is totally awesome. Impressive as hell. Of course, I am sure all kinds of people will come up with all kinds of reasons why this isn't a valid run.

Now why would someone say that? Video documentation, running on Michelin PS2s, Engineer driver, mighty impressive. Impressive. Shame it's $100k though. Should shake things up and do some interesting things for next year's GTR, and the new cars to come in the next couple years.

I was discussing this vid with my coworkers. The clip certainly is quite a bit more exciting than the GT-R one...or at least it looks and sounds as if this driver seems to be driving the 'Vette much closer to the edge than the one in the GT-R.

Last edited:
Now why would someone say that? Video documentation, running on Michelin PS2s, Engineer driver, mighty impressive. Impressive. Shame it's $100k though. Should shake things up and do some interesting things for next year's GTR, and the new cars to come in the next couple years.

Why is it a shame it is $100K? It is a limited production run with a laptime faster than a $500K Pagani Zonda. Obviously the Zonda is 100x more exotic than the corvette, but 100K is a steal for that kind of performance. The R8 costs more and probably wouldn't lap the ring within 25 seconds of that ZR1.

The GTR has done some incredible laps, but if you look at the latest C&D (US model vs test mule) the car was just able to edge out a Z06 on a track -- which is still damn impressive.

Why is it a shame it is $100K? It is a limited production run with a laptime faster than a $500K Pagani Zonda. Obviously the Zonda is 100x more exotic than the corvette, but 100K is a steal for that kind of performance. The R8 costs more and probably wouldn't lap the ring within 25 seconds of that ZR1.

The GTR has done some incredible laps, but if you look at the latest C&D (US model vs test mule) the car was just able to edge out a Z06 on a track -- which is still damn impressive.

Because ring times don't mean much to me but when it comes to overall performance, the GTR is one hell of a (ugly but still neat) bargain at $65k or so. I bet the ZR1 gets a lot better fuel economy though in real world driving. I wonder if they're gonna do a paddle shifter option in the vette. A good one, not one like the current C6 has. That one sucks according to several local owners.

so the ZR-1 had a flying start just like GT-R did...

It also seemed like the Vette started his timer later and maybe ended it a tiny bit sooner. The gap at the end between the cars was evident though. There is a couple second difference. However, from the video it did seem like the vette was howling the whole time and the GTR could of been pushed harder maybe.

Eh, no matter because I own a nsx anyways and my next car I purchase won't be based upon ring times.

Does seem like there is alot of excitement in the future though for all the manufacturers! Just build me a beautiful and powerful car and I'll be happy like the Aston Martin DB9. :)

Back