• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZTek Headers test fitting (LA area) + Group Buy, Want to particpate?

Hey all,

This is Lance at ZTek and we are developing headers that will pair perfectly with our exhaust or the stock NSX exhaust. I need 2 more cars for test fitting, dyno testing, and design. If you have a 95-99 NSX and are in the Los Angeles area, and would like to participate please give us a call at 1-866-935-6835 and ask for Lance and we'll get setup.

Oh yea, if your one of the lucky ones to get to me first, you'll get 50% off the GB price when they go into production. (below cost)

All info regarding our header development will be in this thread, so subscribe and check back often to hear the latest info, pics, vids, and new dyno sheets.

rock-on!

If you can provide...

- a relatively accurate time-frame regarding finalized-production & delivery...
- details regarding the fabrication/materials/fitment/specs'/etc'...
- a group-buy price that's discounted similar to what your ZTek exhaust was (GB: ~$600'ish, MSRP: ~$900'ish)

I'll commit right now (for the initial group-buy). Just wanted to get things off to a good start for you guys! :cool:

Re: rock-on!

Thanks for the Support, and those willing to commit now are more than welcome to.

Ok, our first set of headers will be made here in SoCal, so no customs or shipping delays. We are aiming to MSRP at $1200 for 95+ years and $1300 for 91-94 years. If we can get at least 5 sets, I am aiming to get the GB price around $740-825, depending on quantity, with these GB sets availible in 3-4 weeks from today.

Specs:
100% Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Tubing
Equal Length Primary Tubes
Port matched Stainless Steel flanges
Fitments for both 91-94 and 95+
Polished or Satin Finish... still pending on final production cosmetics
TIG welded

AND I will have a 100% money back GUARENTEE like with our exhaust GB.

Last edited:
Re: ZTek Headers Thread, Want to particpate?

Well Lance you know I been waiting for this. Need headers to go with the exhaust. Hopefully 10 people join this GB so we can get a even lower price. So sign on up can't beat 100% money back gaurantee

1. YAYNSX

I'd be interested if you can make the design so that the possibility of failure down the line is not there. The same thing that SOS did with their header design.

If the ZTek catback looks good when it arrives then I'll most likely jump in on the headers as well.

Agreed with all said above. Count me in.

Veleno said:
I'd be interested if you can make the design so that the possibility of failure down the line is not there. The same thing that SOS did with their header design.

Yes! Your on the right track, our headers will also come with a great warrenty along with a lifetime performace desgin. We are looking to use ball and socket joints to allow for flex and prevent cracking from engine movement, along with super strong full TIG welds.

92NSX said:
I'm with him^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Needs to come with all attaching hardware also.

All stainless steel hardware needed for swap from your stockers to our headers will be included.

Get some pics up when they are finish, Im in the market of getting some

the0ne said:
Get some pics up when they are finish, Im in the market of getting some

Almost ready for test fitment! Just making some last tweaks in design. Pics coming this week!

I'm interested in the GB too!

make-it-happen...

ZTekExhaust said:
If we can get at least 5 sets, I am aiming to get the GB price around $800-999, depending on quantity, with these GB sets availible in 3-4 weeks from today.

If 'we' are close to $800'ish/shipped, I can pretty much gurantee you'll have many orders; alot more than 5. I'd think 15-20 would be an easily attainable goal you can potentially strive for. I wouldn't be surprised if you even doubled that number!

When it's $900'ish, we get into the market of established/existing makes/models of exhaust-manifolds/headers for the NSX. And w/ being established, there is a proven track record on service & support, quality & fitment, performance & durability.

It's quite similar to the situation w/ your ZTek exhaust, when introduced. There were existing models in the same category ranging from $699-$999.

To reiterate myself, if it's $800/shipped (similar ballpark) for '91-'96 and obviously slightly more for NA2's... the check is in the mail, so to speak. I have a feeling many more out there like me.

Goodluck. :cool:

ZTek Headers Group Buy
:

1. YAYNSX
2. Osiris_x11 (awaiting GB price scheme)
3. Veleno (QA/QC assurance)
4. 92NSX (QA/QC & hardware inclusive)
5. Nihilation (awaiting ZTek exhaust, then...)
6. Oyagi (as above)
7. the0ne (awaiting pics, in the mkt.)
8. shinny930
9. smooth

Re: make-it-happen...

I got my ZTek catback on and I really like it. Has a minor flaw which may have been from shipping. If the price is $800'ish shipped then you can count me in for a '91 fitment.

Re: make-it-happen...

Osiris_x11 said:
If 'we' are close to $800'ish/shipped, I can pretty much gurantee you'll have many orders; alot more than 5. I'd think 15-20 would be an easily attainable goal you can potentially strive for. I wouldn't be surprised if you even doubled that number!

I agree wiuth Osiris train of thought. Since there are headers out there that have been proven in the $900 - $1000 range, if you come in at $800 shipped you will truley have a very marketable product, above that and you are trying to compete with headers that have been proven for reliability and support. I know that at $800/shipped I would buy them as I am on the fence about more expensive ones, but $800 catches my eye as a fair deal.

Guess time will tell...
Carl

Exactly what he said.^^ Osiris_x11^^ I hope you can get 15-20 people so we can get in the $750-800 shipped range
Lets get a interested owners list going so you can have a good idea of how many are interested in this group buy. Please add your name if interested.
Specs:
100% Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Tubing
Equal Length Primary Tubes
Port matched Stainless Steel flanges
Fitments for both 91-94 and 95+
Polished or Satin Finish... still pending on final production cosmetics
TIG welded AND I will have a 100% money back GUARENTEE like with our exhaust GB. All stainless steel hardware needed for swap from your stockers to our headers will be included. Our headers will also come with a great warrenty along with a lifetime performace desgin. We are looking to use ball and socket joints to allow for flex and prevent cracking from engine movement, along with super strong full TIG welds.
Please sign up if interested so we can get this show on the road.

1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. smooth
4. Osiris_x11
5. Oyagi

I am a little concerened with initial fitment issues as seen with the exhaust. I understand that these issues may happen when you only have a small amount of cars to do fitment on. Here is my concern, I purchase the headers and either decide to install them myself or have my mechanic, however when I get to the fit-up something doesn't line up correctly. What do I or my mechanic do? Bolt old parts back on or wait til you come up with a fix? Both are not very acceptable solutions as my car will be in a state of dissasembly, or I would have paid for labor (not cheap for header install) without getting a part installed as I would need my car back until the issue is fixed. Unlike with the exhaust swapping in the old parts is easy unlike headers.

Comments on how ztek would handle this situation should it arise?

"clr1024 I am a little concerened with initial fitment issues as seen with the exhaust.Comments on how ztek would handle this situation should it arise?"

To my understanding they were no fitment issues only damage done to the tips while shipping BY THE SHIPPING COMPANY. My personal opinion, I think Lance handled it with class. Please sign up so ZTEK can see how many are interested. I am just tired of waiting for an affordable set of headers.....
1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. smooth
4. Osiris_x11
5. Oyagi

yaynsx said:
"clr1024 I am a little concerened with initial fitment issues as seen with the exhaust.Comments on how ztek would handle this situation should it arise?"

To my understanding they were no fitment issues only damage done to the tips while shipping BY THE SHIPPING COMPANY. My personal opinion, I think Lance handled it with class. Please sign up so ZTEK can see how many are interested. I am just tired of waiting for an affordable set of headers.....

OK maybe fitment was a bad choice of words, however if you see this post you will know that the tips were not lined up correctly. As the tips do not connect to anything there is not a fitment issue only cosmetic. However on the headers if one end doesn't line up right you may have to force either the cat or collector to line up and forcing things to move is to a place they don't want to be is not usually a good idea. As I said, I just need to know that they fit up fine without any issues because of the pain it will cause if they don't. I agree I would like headers that are a little bit more reasonale. At $1000-$1200 I am not sure if they are worth it, below that I'd consider it strongly. Maybe a ride in someones car with E/H may convince me otherwise though. And your right Lance did handle it well, its just easier to replace an exhaust than it is headers though.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=612770&postcount=120

clr1024 said:
OK maybe fitment was a bad choice of words, however if you see this post you will know that the tips were not lined up correctly. As the tips do not connect to anything there is not a fitment issue only cosmetic. However on the headers if one end doesn't line up right you may have to force either the cat or collector to line up and forcing things to move is to a place they don't want to be is not usually a good idea. As I said, I just need to know that they fit up fine without any issues because of the pain it will cause if they don't. I agree I would like headers that are a little bit more reasonale. At $1000-$1200 I am not sure if they are worth it, below that I'd consider it strongly. Maybe a ride in someones car with E/H may convince me otherwise though. And your right Lance did handle it well, its just easier to replace an exhaust than it is headers though.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=612770&postcount=120

When these are produced they will be made on solid jigs, that will promise a perfect OEM tight fit. We are in the final stages of design, just making some quick changes and then we should be hitting the production line soon, thereafter.

I am sorry about the shipping issues, the tips lining up on a members exhuast was not from manufacturing as it was localized to only one case, and the bent tips was definetly a shipping issue, but has been resolved. All exhuasts and headers will be extra carfully packed and protected, to avoid any damage during shipment.

We have bit the bullet for all shipping damages, since fedex has denied responsibility... (for another topic) but as a loyal company, I will honor my 100% money back guarentee, for any reason for all my products sold.

ZTekExhaust said:
When these are produced they will be made on solid jigs, that will promise a perfect OEM tight fit. We are in the final stages of design, just making some quick changes and then we should be hitting the production line soon, thereafter.

I am sorry about the shipping issues, the tips lining up on a members exhuast was not from manufacturing as it was localized to only one case, and the bent tips was definetly a shipping issue, but has been resolved. All exhuasts and headers will be extra carfully packed and protected, to avoid any damage during shipment.

We have bit the bullet for all shipping damages, since fedex has denied responsibility... (for another topic) but as a loyal company, I will honor my 100% money back guarentee, for any reason for all my products sold.

OK, what diameter primaries are you using and what diameter collector? Look forward to pics and test results:smile:

clr1024 said:
I am a little concerened with initial fitment issues as seen with the exhaust. I understand that these issues may happen when you only have a small amount of cars to do fitment on. Here is my concern, I purchase the headers and either decide to install them myself or have my mechanic, however when I get to the fit-up something doesn't line up correctly. What do I or my mechanic do? Bolt old parts back on or wait til you come up with a fix? Both are not very acceptable solutions as my car will be in a state of dissasembly, or I would have paid for labor (not cheap for header install) without getting a part installed as I would need my car back until the issue is fixed. Unlike with the exhaust swapping in the old parts is easy unlike headers.

Comments on how ztek would handle this situation should it arise?

With new solid jigs for the headers, there shouldn't be any fitment problems. They will be triple checked during quality control for perfect fitment, and should any damage occur from mishandling or shipment, I would advise thoroughly inspecting any item before installing to ensure that a problem like this doesn't arrise.

Back