• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

zymol

Sweet and Low,

Waxes and polishes tend to be a "personal" thing. You'll hear testimonials on all products. People really feel strong one way or another.

Here's my opinion that's based on subjective information and a bit of research.

I prefer the Zaino products. They go on very easy and come off very easy. They produce a "wet" shine that looks unbelievable.

The carnuba products, including Zymol, and particularly on white and silver tend to put a slight yellowish cast. (I have a white Corvette and a Black NSX) Although having said this you might never notice it. I noticed it at a Corvette show.

Two identical year Corvettes, with the same color silver paint were parked side-by-side. One had an obvious yellowish cast to it when compared to the other one. I asked each owner. The one with the yellowish cast used a top-notch expensive carnuba product (once popular in the Vette community) and the other used Zaino (which is now REALLY popular in the Vette community).

For more information...
http://www.zainobros.com/index.shtml

I like the Zaino stuff because it works and it's easy and quick to use. The procedure is simple and straightforward. Although it might seem at first to be complicated.

1. Wash the car.
2. Apply Z-1 sparingly and leave on.
3. Apply Z-5 over Z-1.
4. Remove.
5. Thereafter keep using Z-5 until scratches (if you have any) are gone then switch to Z-2.

The thing to remember with Zaino products is to use them sparingly. Take a few minutes to read over their instructions and tips on their website. You can even call the owner (Sal) and he'll help you.

Nice company with excellent products.

Best of luck,
Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Do the Zymol products really look better than the usual carnuba containing paste waxes?

Absolutely! The Zymol products are terrific. They provide the deepest, glossiest, longest-lasting shine I have ever seen. They don't add any kind of color to the shine (come on, get serious here) but they add depth. They make the car's shine come to life! They look great on silver, red, black, whatever color you've got! I've never seen another product look as good as the Zymol products.

Keep in mind that there are different Zymol products. Most commercial products that use carnauba are less than 5 percent carnauba. Zymol's Japon wax (made for finishes on Japanese cars) contains 37 percent carnauba. It's VERY easy to apply - just use a very thin coat, though.

Zymol also makes several kinds of premium waxes with higher carnauba content (47-51 percent) but they are more difficult to apply because carnauba is actually a brittle solid. These include their NSX wax which is custom-formulated for the NSX finish. They need to be applied with your hands, not with a cloth, so that the warmth of your body can melt the wax so it can be spread.

Before you wax, make sure you first wash the car and go over the whole car with Zymol HD-Cleanse which is a cleaner that will remove any surface oxidation and impurities, and smooth down slight surface imperfections (light scratches and swirl marks).

If you're a member of the NSX Club of America, you can get a 10 percent discount on Zymol products, either purchased directly from Zymol's website http://www.zymol.com or from Emmons Coachworks http://www.emmonscoachworks.com

I have no personal interest in Zymol, the products just WORK.

Good luck, and enjoy that Zymol shine!

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 16 December 2000).]

I'm very happy with the Zymol products. I actually took advantage of 60 degree weather yesterday in the NorthEast to wash and wax my car. Hadn't done it since NSXPO.

The products are all natural and apply with ease.

HD-Cleanse works well, but my finish needed a little more TLC so I used their Klay Bar. It brought the silky smooth finish back to the car.

I have no interest in Zymol - just a happy customer. Plus Chuck Bennett (the owner) is a great guy.

Happy Waxing!

Don
'92 Silver/black

Back