• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

the wreck

It has been almost 2 & 1/2 years since the car gave it up for me and now is the time to post up. I know that someone will get the vin in the place where it belongs so others will see so they have knowledge as to the history of the car. I have procured another red car as a good replacement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 545
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 529
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 470
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 481
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 454
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 402
And you walked away. Amazing. You are very lucky and we are all blessed to drive such a great car that has it "where it counts"

And you walked away. Amazing. You are very lucky and we are all blessed to drive such a great car that has it "where it counts"

I did not walk away that day. Spent one month in the ICU and then five months at a rehab center learning to walk again. So in a sense , it took me about two years to walk away but agree that I am fortunate to have been driving the NSX that day.

It has been almost 2 & 1/2 years since the car gave it up for me and now is the time to post up. I know that someone will get the vin in the place where it belongs so others will see so they have knowledge as to the history of the car. I have procured another red car as a good replacement.

Oh wow. What happened if you don't mind me asking?

wow ......just by the car you are lucky to have survived......welcome back to ownership.Thanks for giving us some followup.I'm sure the local owners know about your "shunt"...I for one don't recall hearing about this....but once again welcome back.

Oh wow. What happened if you don't mind me asking?

Although it has been awhile,this incident was posted by a fellow primer - d1 guy - who I purchased the car from - a couple weeks after it happened in Aug. of 2010. I did reply at the time but that was back in the " fuzzy " phase of recovery. I was on my home from my 2nd shift job and was hit head on by a wrong way drunk driver without their headlights on at 50 mph. It was on a divided highway near downtown Milwaukee at 1:30 am in the morning. The thing is that now it's thing of the past and with the help of my wonderful wife, great family , doctors , therapists and all the others that helped , we can put this behind us and move on. I could now post up mostly to get the info about the car and vin number as before I could not because of legal matters. I thank all primers and the NSX community for their well wishes.

Last edited:
Good to see another prime member surviving from something like that, welcome back!

Was the other driver killed? what was their car? It is a miracle you survived that... that car looks REALLY bad. Welcome back... to both prime and to a somewhat normal life. Glad you have made it. I am sure it was not easy.

Wow, glad to have you still among the living, walking, driving.

Looks like some Honda engineering and VERY good doctors saved your life.

holy geez I am glad you are alive. and this NSX gave her life to save yours. I am happy you have a new one. like turbo2go asked was the other driver killed or in jail.

if there is anything you ever need for your new NSX just ask me I will be glad to donate to your new baby.

welcome back buddy.

Shawn

Man, what can I say, that hasn’t already been mention. It makes me feel sorry and disbelief for both you and the car.

Was the other driver killed? what was their car? It is a miracle you survived that... that car looks REALLY bad. Welcome back... to both prime and to a somewhat normal life. Glad you have made it. I am sure it was not easy.

Again , THANKS , to all the primers for their well wishes and comments about my continued recovery. It just shows it's the people who own the NSX rather than just about the car itself. The drunk plead guilty to a case F felony & in WI that got her 2 years prison & 2 years probation ( absolute sobriety ) with community service which has her talking about what she did to high school students. She actually faired better than me for whatever reason since she was in a POS dodge Sebring or intrepid or something dodge sedan. I did not concern myself with her and let the system handle her future. I needed to stay positive for my long road to recovery. It takes time and energy for rehab is hard.

- - - Updated - - -

holy geez I am glad you are alive. and this NSX gave her life to save yours. I am happy you have a new one. like turbo2go asked was the other driver killed or in jail.

if there is anything you ever need for your new NSX just ask me I will be glad to donate to your new baby.

welcome back buddy.

Shawn

Wow , my first reply to Shawn. Thanks and maybe someday after a long road trip I'll take you up on that offer.

I cant believe you survived that wreck but very glad you did.
best of luck with you new car,
Glad to see your still in the formula red club.

Last edited:
Copying the vin here for future reference in searches. Glad you're ok now!

JH4NA1151NT000662

Back