• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Daisy Import Auto Care

I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Ben (Redbird92) 6-7 yrs ago at the College Park Tuning meet at UMD. At the time I had an S2000 but always longed for an NSX since I was a young lad. Well Ben showed up in his NSX and parked with our s2k crew and was probably the most humble man I had ever met. He saw me eyeing the car from every angle and offered for me to take a seat in it. Up until this point I had never sat in an NSX so I was overjoyed and graciously accepted. As soon as my posterior touched the leather of the seat I knew that one day I would own one of these great cars. When I got out, Ben gave me his card and said that if I ever bought one or seriously considered one to give him a call. FFWD 6-7 yrs, and this year, I made the call.

I was looking at a 00 silverstone in Richmond and I asked Ben if he could perform a PPI for me. I gave him all of the requested info and when time and and especially traffic cooperated with us, Ben was able to view the car and give me a detailed overview of the cars condition and the items that would need to be replaced. After Ben's endorsement of the car I made the trip down the following week to purchase the car. Upon seeing the car, the PPI was very accurate and I had no qualms about buying the vehicle. I drove the vehicle home, parked it in the garage and just smiled.

Ben's passion for working on the car gave me the confidence to allow him to perform all of the necessary maintenance and detailing the car needed. As fellow owners know, working on these cars are not cheap, but with Ben I believe every dollar invested was well worth it and no expense was spared. Ben went top to bottom replacing every coolant hose, seal, tb &wp, bmc and many more things. I had a bent wheel that extended the length of time Ben had the car but when I finally received the car back, the drive home was nothing short of amazing. In under 2 weeks Ben had transformed my car from good to eye watering great.

Aside from being a great mechanic, I believe Ben to be an even greater man. His generous hospitality to a kid 7 yrs ago, has come full circle. We are only here for a short time on this rock, and while we are here we go through ups and downs, joy and pain. I can truly say, that meeting Ben 7 yrs ago, has been one of the greatest chance meetings I could have had so far in my life, and I thank him for his hospitality and applying his expertise on my nsx. I am forever grateful that I met him.

Should anyone need any service performed on their NSX, Daisy Import Auto Care (Redbird92) is the best service you can get this side of the Mississippi. Thank you Ben.

-Anthony

Last edited:
Ben is top notch. He helped me out in sourcing parts for my 91, and I am in Canada.

+1 again

Back