• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 nsx converted into automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your brainstorming is getting off track, first engine swap, then body panel swap. Your best bet is not to swap any parts, but just do an 02 front conversion on your 96. Depending on how "OEM" you want your conversion to be, it can range from $5k up to 10.

+100000

pls don't hack up a 6 spd 02+ nsx!

I think your brainstorming is getting off track, first engine swap, then body panel swap. Your best bet is not to swap any parts, but just do an 02 front conversion on your 96. Depending on how "OEM" you want your conversion to be, it can range from $5k up to 10.

I'd imagine you could actually save some cash by selling your manual for an autobox.
Waiting for an auto 02+ might take some time, but so would the conversion.

I'm sure there's someone on here with an auto 02+ that might be willing to trade for the manual experience/upgrade. Please don't cut your manual up!

Lucas

I wouldn't worry too much about prices on the 02 auto of your dreams going up while you wait for one to come on the market. 02 automatics have gone up maybe 1-3K over the last couple of years for nice drivers. Your current NSX has probably gained about as much and will likely continue to keep pace with gains on the 02s out there.

Best option - KEEP the 6 speed as is, update the old auto car to 02 front end. Then get some detailer to check it out and see if he can shine it up for you :)

why keep replying to this thread he hasnt responded to anyone of the 2 pages of replys.

mods close thread waste of our collective time to answer

why keep replying to this thread he hasnt responded to anyone of the 2 pages of replys.

It's obvious what happened here. He returned to his village.

Hey, I, for one, often orate in an empty room. Talking to no one in particular (or no one at all) is our Internet-given right as Americans.

Last edited:
Hm. Now this thread has me thinking of getting ahold of Shawn and replacing the AT for a proper transmission. I love my actual car. The tranny? Meh.

Why....why for the love of God why?!!!! Why would you neuter a perfectly good NSX?

Last edited:
I had the same issue with my wife she wanted the next car to be automatic so she could drive. So I bought her a Ferrari 360. Follow my lead, there aren't many women who wouldn't prefer a Ferrari to an NSX. I wouldn't hack up any car to swap the transmission regardless of M>A or A>M, just wasting time money and killing resale.

Shawn another troll....

I was thinking about my options. If I wanna butcher my nsx, by all means I will.

This is why I waited so long to join prime. A bunch of haters n trolls.

I asked an opinion. I thank you for the few sincere people here.

- - - Updated - - -

No price on Autotrader, but on the Cosmo website it's listed at $69,997

yellow is not our color of choice. Thanks tho. We want red n only red.

Something that has not been mentioned. The auto trans will not not likely last long when coupled with the extra power of an 02+ engine. It is my understanding that is why the de-tuned 3.0iter engine is standard for the automatic for all model years. I'm a testament to how weak the NSX auto trans is; I blew up my auto trans on the track.

Shawn another troll.... I was thinking about my options. If I wanna butcher my nsx, by all means I will.
This is why I waited so long to join prime. A bunch of haters n trolls.
I asked an opinion. I thank you for the few sincere people here.
yellow is not our color of choice. Thanks tho. We want red n only red.

There might be better ways to respond to advice than calling Shawn a troll and the rest of us on Prime a bunch of haters.
While we must have been a poorer group without your wit and novel ideas for such a long time, I'm sure we'd manage to soldier on without you.

There might be better ways to respond to advice than calling Shawn a troll and the rest of us on Prime a bunch of haters.
While we must have been a poorer group without your wit and novel ideas for such a long time, I'm sure we'd manage to soldier on without you.

Lol.... He flipped out on me when I joked about posting pics of his NSX or the story is bogus which we do to all the new posters....he took a pic of his wife holding up a sign with my name and a gay slur:eek:
And called me troll and hater like he does on here....

Dude comes on here and post one of the dumbest ideas we've ever heard on this site, ever...and then calls long time posters haters and trolls.....lmfao

Last edited:
ok guys that pretty much says it all!

in the immortal words of stormrider (tommy).... "money doesn't buy taste!". happy hacking!

This is somewhat a funny quote in itself... Tommy's car was actually a silverstone 02+ that was stripped down (the right way) and resprayed white.

IMO if someone wants to modify their own car, so be it. I myself have redone mine to my own liking and if others don't agree... that's not on me.

If I wanna butcher my nsx, by all means I will.

And everytime someone butchers their NSX I hear mine go $$$Cha-Cheng$$$ as it's value rises. Though, I do understand your need to please the wife. "If mom ain't happy then no one's happy." Good luck in your search or conversion. Which ever you choose.

And a word of advice...Don't take everyone on this forum so seriously. It's a right of passage to get the occasional smart ass answer on here. It's happened to most of us. If you make a big deal about it, it will continue until you lose all sanity and go Nick Sitko on us. (you'll have to look that one up)

Last edited:
Dude comes on here and post one of the dumbest ideas we've ever heard on this site, ever...and then calls long time posters haters and trolls.....lmfao[/QUOTE]

dumbest ideas huh? Here is another one. Come to my house and roll up in your 91 x. So I can show you all my other dumb ideas in person. I have a very special nsx in the works that you must see.

Here my address 14901 Corona Del Mar, Pacific Palisades Ca 90272.

Please call me before you come so I can have my private security buzz you in. (Gated community) 310 341 6806 Larry

I will happily reimburse your fuel cost since your driving all the from Temecula. (With gas prices so high, I'm willing to top off your tank)

Please no excuses, you can't make it, it's a waste of your time or blah blah blah.

I had the same issue with my wife she wanted the next car to be automatic so she could drive. So I bought her a Ferrari 360. Follow my lead, there aren't many women who wouldn't prefer a Ferrari to an NSX. I wouldn't hack up any car to swap the transmission regardless of M>A or A>M, just wasting time money and killing resale.

How did that turn out? Does she drive it now? Obviously I only see you driving it in the videos - is she putting a decent number of miles on it also?

2nsx dumbest ideas huh? Here is another one. Come to my house and roll up in your 91 x. So I can show you all my other dumb ideas in person. I have a very special nsx in the works that you must see. Here my address 14901 Corona Del Mar said:

:stupid:Don't say I didn't warn you.:stupid:

Last edited:
Wow that went downhill fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back