• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 MT002856 checking in...check out my salvage nsx!!

D1,

I've also just read this post from beginning to end and all I have to say is:

"NICE WORK".

Glad you stuck to your objective and restored the NSX to its original state.

Jetpilot

Protect Yourself
If you're considering purchasing a vehicle, especially from an individual, you should check out the Web site for the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) or order a vehicle history report to find out if the vehicle has been seriously damaged.

Steveny this is great info for buyers!

D1_guy car looks great after all that work. You bought it from IAAI maryland and history shows salvage, even though title is clean.

Yeah I did buy it from baltimore iaai......about a 16 hour trip one way lol. I was looking for a berlina black/black and it was worth going after for that low of miles. Yes the history will show salvage for a year usually then it will show where it was reregistered and titled again. Carfax and auto check are usually a bit behind. It will always show where it was a previous salvage though.

Last edited:
It makes me happy to know this car has a life where it is cared for now....as opposed to the previous one. Well done.

Thanks guys. Did any of you see it at sesm? I had a lot of people asking..."Is that really the car that had the paint on it?" "It looks brand new." "Did you paint it all over, if so, I cant tell it?"

As it turns out, I didnt have to paint anything but the front left fender and the front bumper. I was using a pressure washer and blew the clear off the front fender and a small area on the front bumper, so I had both repainted. I didnt use the pressure washer any more after that :) I just buffed the rest of the car and sure enough, it turned out great. You would think that it has always been perfect by looking at it. No flaws.

decided to get out of debt. That got my wifes bmw paid off and helped on some credit cards. I felt that it was a wise decision to go ahead and sell it because being a newly wed, you can imagine the bills right now. BTW, it sold so its not on ebay anymore. Thanks and Ill still be around prime...probably buy another nsx later on down the road. This berlina black 1991 is a perfect car. The new owner should be happy.

congrats on the car.

looks like a real find at 20K original miles.

enjoy the clean up! your going to put in some real labor of love and the gratification that comes when the car is finished will be extraordinary.

Enjoy. :smile:

good find and good effort for restoring the X back.....

Back