• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ANYTIME's new F1 exhaust spy photos

I was wondering the reason of the resonated tips, had it on Comptech and hate it. Ever think of getting a titanium/Inconnel tip as Taitec, ARC or 5zigen had??

As your exhaust is still in development stage, should think of the possibility of the adjustable valve as there's remote control (electrical will be nice easy install) the exhaust noise. It will be the only one in nsx market yet if dronning occurs in any RPM at cruzing speed, adjusting it will eliminate it. I always thought of putting it in espeically when I got home at 3am!!! But cutting the Taitec exhaust still not making too much sense....

Anyway just throwing out ideas...

NSXDreamer2 said:
....should think of the possibility of the adjustable valve as there's remote control (electrical will be nice easy install) the exhaust noise....

Funny you mentioned the valves, I think it'll be perfect for the F1 setup. Most exhaust systems will require 2 for the front and rear cylinder banks, this one actually has a single point for the valve.

I also think that the ability to adjust the noise level will be very nice. Here is a version on ebay.

Exhaust controller valve

John, I think you'll have a winner in your hands if you could tune it to make it sound like the GruppeMs, at the price of your previous Anytime exhaust. I too like that fact that it allows the use of the cats. I never felt comfort driving without them. Keep up the good work!

The exhaust controller is a great feature that will make this exhaust stand out - especially given the limitations at running at Laguna Seca. I have seen one on a Porsche at the track and the sound difference is amazing.

Having said that, if you restrict the flow (volume and response) wouldn't you then create backpressure? Will that not affect the OBDII, ECU ...... just asking as I am not the techie type .... :wink:

NSXDreamer2 said:
I was wondering the reason of the resonated tips, had it on Comptech and hate it. Ever think of getting a titanium/Inconnel tip as Taitec, ARC or 5zigen had??

As your exhaust is still in development stage, should think of the possibility of the adjustable valve as there's remote control (electrical will be nice easy install) the exhaust noise. It will be the only one in nsx market yet if dronning occurs in any RPM at cruzing speed, adjusting it will eliminate it. I always thought of putting it in espeically when I got home at 3am!!! But cutting the Taitec exhaust still not making too much sense....

Anyway just throwing out ideas...

Absolutely fantastic idea right there. I would be ordering one if that were the case.

Back to the drawing board!!!

Cutout to be located in the Y or exiting into open air? (1 or 2?)

Keep the ideas coming. And no, I won't rename the exhaust ANYTIME "Prime Time" exhaust (designed by Prime members)

From reading many posts on what people are seeking out in an exhaust on an NSX I see these as the main priorities:

1. Sound - high pitch like GruppeM and Tubi
2. Price - "Reasonable" is the key here. There is a reason why there are not a ton of Tubi/Gruppe M owners despite their unique sound/good quality. Potential GruppeM owners are probably turned off by having to delete their cats with this exhaust. I am also sure that some of the Tubi fitament/order time issues turned some potential Tubi owners off as well. Nevertheless, I think price is still the main reason these exhausts do not reside on many NSXs. I am sure Chris from SOS has some nice sales record data on the amounts of NSX exhausts he has sold and at what price point.

Continuing with my logic: If you can engineer your exhaust to give out that F1-like sound, customers will obviously not be as price sensitive. I think all other features of your new exhaust are a very distant 3-whatever. There are a ton of exhausts out there are really light weight and many that spit out a decent bump in HP. But, unlike some exotic cars, you are not going to be able to save 40 pounds with an aftermarket exhaust. Furthermore, you are probably not going to gain 30 or more horsepower with an aftermarket exhaust on the NSX. In other words, I think we can describe improvements in these areas as incremental.

Now, I am not saying HP, weight, and appearance are not important, I am merely saying they should be subordinate to sound and price. Considering you are still in the design phase, I would hope you would focus on creating an exhaust that has the high-pitched sound and a manufacturing cost that will accommodate a "reasonable" price.

Finally, I did not include quality as I feel this should be a given considering we have all read reports on the high quality of the regular ANYTIME exhaust.

These are merely my opinions based on reading many posts on this forum. I am sure many of you will disagree with me and say that my focus is too narrow as far as what I consider to be important with respect to the design parameters. Naturally, I would love an exhaust that costs $150, weighs 5 pounds, adds 50 HP, sounds like the BAR Honda F1 car, and looks so good I might consider hanging it on my wall. I am not an engineer, but I know that compromises have to be met when designing products.

I hope this will available before X-Mas!!!

ANYTIME,

I have been considering a Taitec GTLW, but I will really want to see your F1 first. From what I am hearing, that would be my choice.

1) can you make the large diameter section of the tips a little longer to be more like the length of the Taitec tips?

2) for the pre-2002, can you offer tips that are canted on more of an upward angle to more closely match the angle of the rear valance (kind of like what the ARK titanium does)?

3) when can we expect dyno results and product release?

Keep me on your notice of release list.

Kim

kreh said:
ANYTIME,

I have been considering a Taitec GTLW, but I will really want to see your F1 first. From what I am hearing, that would be my choice.

1) can you make the large diameter section of the tips a little longer to be more like the length of the Taitec tips?

The tips shown are production units. I feel these fit well with the rear valance and are in proportion, and it fits either early or late model cars

2) for the pre-2002, can you offer tips that are canted on more of an upward angle to more closely match the angle of the rear valance (kind of like what the ARK titanium does)?

The positioning and angle are the same as stock and won't differ much from the pictures above

3) when can we expect dyno results and product release?

Once sound requirments are to my liking, Chris from SOS will take over from there in regards to release dates and dyno testing/results.

Keep me on your notice of release list.

Will do

Kim

Once sound requirments are to my liking, Chris from SOS will take over from there in regards to release dates and dyno testing/results.

Ok, so how does it sound? We all want a merry christmas, so hurry up! :smile:

ANYTIME said:
The sound is fine, but getting closer to the higher pitched F1/Superbike sound is still being worked out. Once the sound and flow charts are to my liking, it will be sent

I've subscribed to this thread and every time there's a new post I get notified. Then I always go back to Anytime's first post and read the sentence above. :eek:

GAWD, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THAT INSTALLED! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Alright... I'm growing impaitent haha...

I wanted to buy your last exhaust but have been waiting for the finishing words for this one!!! (especially since I saw the words "the higher pitched F1/Superbike sound" ... now i'm hooked!)

I need an exhaust! haha :p

Do you have an update on the ETA and price yet so I can finish my savings? haha

Bump for any updates on the progress of this fine looking (and hopefully sounding) exhaust :biggrin:

Anyone know how much this exhaust will be expected to cost? Lots of spending this year, but I might be able to work this into the budget if it comes out.

Maybe I will eat ramen noodles for a month to save for this exhaust, hehe.

kreh said:
John,

It sounds great. How would rate the volume relative to the GTLW? When do you anticipate dyno results and release?

The sound one that unit was a little loud at idle and mid throttle. At the present time, I have another test unit on it's way to me for more R&D. I'll have more of an idea on timing after I have it in hand. Once finalized, it will be sent to Chris @ SOS for the dyno testing and the a release date can be set. Build time is 6 weeks. Sorry for the delay! Keep in mind, these things take time. One change equals a few weeks. I have done quite alot of changes and it just keeps pushing the envelope. I am confident that this could be the final beta unit.
Thanks,
John :biggrin:

Thanks John,

I am very interested as are others. I will hold off on my exhaust upgrade until your results are released. I am very interested in your product. I am assuming that the cost will be in the range of the GTLW.

Kim

ANYTIME said:
This is a very early test unit small vid clip. It has changed since I did this video and it is now approaching the F1 scream that I am after!
Enjoy!

Turn it up and click here :biggrin:
Nice,

Sounds a bit like Tubi Style, but less throaty and not as loud.
Come on, an F1 exhaust should be loud! :wink:
But maybe its just the movie clip...

Back