• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CT Engineering RIP

So prior to my engine build I was making 430rwhp (Dynapak) at 10psi on 91 octane.

Then the engine KABOOM'd (which I was already financially and mentally prepared for having dealt with pushing other car projects to their limits).

After the engine was built and the compression ratio lowered a full point I was making the 430rwhp (Dynojet) with 91 octane at 13psi.

Added the Flex Fuel with supporting mods and gained almost 70rwhp with the same psi.

I have busted the tranny and an axle from going WOT over a 2" drop where the overpass and asphalt meets (aka - freeway joint). Insurance paid $12k for those repairs and that was when i learned that there is only 1 brand new 5 speed left in the world as of 2012.

Yeah, mines on a built DA motor. With insane shafts. You can just feel the tranny barely hold. Did you upgrade any transmission stuff? Sorry for the thread derailment folks.

Yeah, mines on a built DA motor. With insane shafts. You can just feel the tranny barely hold. Did you upgrade any transmission stuff? Sorry for the thread derailment folks.

Drivetrain is holding up fine. no vibration. I kinda lucked out when the drivetrain blew up since the axle boots was already worn out.

What exacerbated the situation was that I had the SOS upgraded engine mounts that didn't absorb as much shock as the OEM rubber ones. The trade off was that the acceleration was more responsive.

Drivetrain is holding up fine. no vibration. I kinda lucked out when the drivetrain blew up since the axle boots was already worn out.

What exacerbated the situation was that I had the SOS upgraded engine mounts that didn't absorb as much shock as the OEM rubber ones. The trade off was that the acceleration was more responsive.

I have two of the sos engine mounts. I think those are a contributing factor of why my new exedy twin clutch is super grabby like a Supreme Court nominee or Bill Cosby...

I may have bought one of the last NSX rear shock tower braces for targa, and targa cover, a few weeks ago. RIP Comptech and hopefully Nate lands on his feet!

RIP to CT Engineering. If no one takes over producing parts for the NSX, what will happen when those with CTSC need replacement parts?

I'm pretty sure CT had some parts in stock when they closed. Some parts can be substituted like pulley or hoses. For other parts I don't know a substitute. As the SOS supercharger kit is said to share some of the parts I'm pretty sure that they take over the remaining inventory. So parts for the CT supercharger should be around even if the kit itself is pretty maintenance free.

I am more worried about replacement parts, especially the SC stuffs. Maybe time to sell or revert to NA.

The SOS SC kit shares some of the same compents in the CTSC kit. I am sure replacement parts can be sourced from SOS.

^^^
Yes, and he confirmed on the FB Prime page several weeks ago.

Back