• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine removal

Or check out Burns Stainless LLC's exhausts, especially their beautiful collector:

ferrari_inconel.jpg

This is a beautiful 3-to-1 double-slip collector:
MCDST.jpg

We need two of those, one for each cylinder bank, and then a 2-to-1 double-slip collector, followed by a megaphone:

megaphone1.gif

Maybe we should do a Prime-sponsored project and get a grad student majoring in fluid dynamics to properly design the diameter of all the tubes, and then get Burns Stainless to fab a few dozen.

:eek:

Cool can't wait for the results ! What are you hoping for at the wheels?

I had originally planned for a custom twin turbo, then switched to a supercharger (to preserve exhaust noise), and now I'm thinking about the Jenvey's too.

But if I did the Jenvey's I would have to have some additional kind of HP booster. I've never had ITB's before, but I've done direct port nitrous in various intake manifolds in the past.

Have you considered this? Another 150HP would be fun for brief stints!

It looks tight, but a fogger nozzle may be able to be inserted in a runner downstream of the fuel injector (brief research has shown this to be OK). Or, a fogger nozzle could be placed in the bellmouth, but this wouldn't be as efficient for the nitrous path.

Just a thought....

Dave

I had originally planned for a custom twin turbo, then switched to a supercharger (to preserve exhaust noise), and now I'm thinking about the Jenvey's too.

But if I did the Jenvey's I would have to have some additional kind of HP booster. I've never had ITB's before, but I've done direct port nitrous in various intake manifolds in the past.

Have you considered this? Another 150HP would be fun for brief stints!

It looks tight, but a fogger nozzle may be able to be inserted in a runner downstream of the fuel injector (brief research has shown this to be OK). Or, a fogger nozzle could be placed in the bellmouth, but this wouldn't be as efficient for the nitrous path.

Just a thought....

Dave

Dave,
I did think about it for a bit, but I am still on the fence about nitrous. I dont know what to think about it. I might go that option if my car is still slow... :rolleyes:

Tuan

Dave,
I did think about it for a bit, but I am still on the fence about nitrous. I dont know what to think about it. I might go that option if my car is still slow... :rolleyes:

Tuan

I don't think you'll have that problem! 320RWHP results in a great power-to-weight ratio on these. Plus, your engine is built now for whatever you decide to do in the future.

I can't wait to start on my engine build - you've been a great inspiration.

Thanks,

Dave

I don't think you'll have that problem! 320RWHP results in a great power-to-weight ratio on these. Plus, your engine is built now for whatever you decide to do in the future.

I can't wait to start on my engine build - you've been a great inspiration.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for the kind word! :rolleyes:

Got a box from STMPO today, I didnt really expect it at all. Since it was completely free because of the wait on the FCB (even though it was not even that long of a wait). I know waiting is normal for any NSX product, but Ross went above and beyond by sending me these brake ducts and a STMPO hat. I know things have been rocky for him on prime but he has been an awesome person to deal with.

img3387j.jpg

Thanks again Ross!!

Looking good, man do want your engine.

looking at your engine makes me feel like my engine is something out of a
toyota corolla LOL.

or a honda civic

keep up the good work and we all love pics.

how did you remove the engine? you hoisted it right? I think I saw you mention that. If so was it just the motor and not the transmission? was the car raised or place on just stands? thanks

Shawn, your restoration of the nsx is making me want a 02+ even more. Thanks for the kind words man. Keep updating your thread man!

HKS- I pulled the transmisison out first. Then I lowered the engine down with the hoist. The car was rasied by 2 jack stands. You can keep the transmission on the engine and still get it from below. Or just take the whole cradle assembly with the engine if you have a lift.

I just stumbled across this thread earlier today.

Here I am an hour and a half later.

This is one of the best build threads I have ever read.

Great work. You are truly an inspiration! (speaking of which, I should've been changing my oil, but I found an awesome engine thread instead)

Can't wait to see your hard work pay off.

We need MOAR PICS OF THE ENGINE! :D :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :tongue:

Shawn, your restoration of the nsx is making me want a 02+ even more. Thanks for the kind words man. Keep updating your thread man!

HKS- I pulled the transmisison out first. Then I lowered the engine down with the hoist. The car was rasied by 2 jack stands. You can keep the transmission on the engine and still get it from below. Or just take the whole cradle assembly with the engine if you have a lift.

How high did you jack the car up on the stands was it the last notch on the stand? thanks for reply

Thanks for the wonderful comments guys! :biggrin:

HkS- I dont think I had it on the last notch I would feel very uneasy if it was, but you can also use 2 aluminum jacks on each side to raise the car more if needed.

gsrboy: Great build thread! When I finally decide wether to go NA or FI, if I decide to go for NA I'll be "copying" your build.

Hksdrager7: The engine itself measures about 70cm (or apx. 27.5 inches) sitting on the ground. When I removed min I used jackstands that according to the manufacturer would be 67cm at their tallest notch, but I didnt need it as the wheel well offers some extra clearance.

Sorry for messing up your thread with pics gsr. :redface:
SNC00220.jpg

Okay last update till the exhaust and then tune. Wideband and everything is here.

249476_10150203347771039_560566038_7530186_176860_n.jpg

255162_10150203652561039_560566038_7533989_4530575_n.jpg

252564_511509928956_111500399_30259681_5270692_n.jpg

Keep you guys up to date and maybe a start up video when the exhaust gets here.

How did u bare the wait for 2yrs without driving the X? I applaud you great sir. Great patience indeed. Great build nontheless. Just wow, speechless. Im not even capable og bleeding the brakes let alone attempt what you had done.. :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks! It's been a really long two years man. I miss her like crazy, I use to sit in it at night with some music when the motor was out. Now I can't do that anymore since it's at my uncles shop.

Okay last update till the exhaust and then tune. Wideband and everything is here.

249476_10150203347771039_560566038_7530186_176860_n.jpg

255162_10150203652561039_560566038_7533989_4530575_n.jpg

252564_511509928956_111500399_30259681_5270692_n.jpg

Keep you guys up to date and maybe a start up video when the exhaust gets here.

DaffyDuck-Fap.gif

Absolutely! When I put in my Turbo system, I took a Taco break, beer break, dorito break..............................

Anyone ever used tarco break in oil on their motor build? Do you guys suggest it?

Thanks
Tuan

Back