• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fact or Fiction?

Yea, it’s real bargain. Put one on my lawnmower last week and beat a Z06 off the line. My feeling is that if it’s cheep and installs in 15 minutes and increases hp by 13-22hp then it is a no-brainer. Unless the claims are bogus, but that couldn’t be the case here, especially since it is selling on eBay. In fact the grammar on the advertisement suggests an educational level of at least 3rd grade, so these guys certainly have the smarts to come up with something revolutionary in the automotive industry. And it’s amazing that their revolutionary chip is so good that they are selling it for $25 with limited supplies. Wow I wonder what that supply vs. demand curve looks like on that product—oh wait, the result of that curve is reflected in the price; I wonder why there is so little demand.

DanO

Certainly is amazing the crap people will think up and sell on ebay...but even more amazing is that people will actually buy this crap! :eek: :eek:

He never refers to this thing as a chip. It's a module. He compares it to chips, but it's always a module.

For put it in perspective, I could make you a module by sitting down on a toilet for a minute. It's not a word that has a specific meaning.

This member, performanceparts_co, has decided to make their feedback comments private.
If that's not a hint and a half for your ass, then you probably deserve to lose the $34 (remember s&h) that he's charging for what is probably a resistor in a small plastic package. Private feedback usually means that the thousand positive buys are for stickers or something equally simple and dissatisfaction-free, or were for tea cozies made by the previous owner of the now-stolen account.

Really, I'm sure he doesn't want anyone to see the occasional negative feedbacks that say "It's just a resistor in a plastic box," because it only takes a couple of people with a clue saying so before he stops making $60K+ a year off of the ignorance of the other 96 riceboys out of a 100 who never dyno their cars to check their placebo results.

I could make you a module by sitting down on a toilet for a minute

LMAO !! :)

It's probably one of those salad-spinner thingies that you
put in the air intake...it does not make any additional HP, but
makes a great cole slaw or julienne potatoes.

Aiken Drum said:
For put it in perspective, I could make you a module by sitting down on a toilet for a minute.

LOL!

According to dictionary.com, a module is:
A self-contained assembly of electronic components and circuitry, such as a stage in a computer, that is installed as a unit.

I think you were referring to a nodule which dictionary.com defines as:
A small rounded lump of a mineral or mixture of minerals, usually harder than the surrounding rock or sediment.

:D

-- Joe

I think the real question is... Would you trust a $25 electronic trinket off eBay to control part of the engine on your $40,000+ sports car?

Of course, the seller markets the same unit for every other vehicle imaginable. I guess if it doesn't work on your NSX, you can always install it on your Suzuki Verona for instance. I wonder how many of these pieces of junk he will actually sell... far too many, I'm guessing.

SaberX said:
I think the real question is... Would you trust a $25 electronic trinket off eBay to control part of the engine on your $40,000+ sports car?

Exactly, wtf would anyone be thinking using some $25 trinket bought off of ebay on an NSX? (or any car for that matter)

Makes me think of the $500 "Tice Clock" that high end audio enthusiasts were fauning over in the early 90's. Supposedly you plugged in and set down this expensive clock on top of your $100,000 worth of audio gear and Tice claimed "less grain, less grit, more air, more focus, greater clarity" and a number of other things. Turns out it was a $25 Radio Shack alarm clock rebadged.

Back