• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford GT. Thoughts?

I just raped the new NSX with me new Mustang

This is what really worries me. That as an NSX owner my "rep" will be tarnished in front of the 14 year olds on the Mustang forums.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Initial Impressions?

It draws as much or more attention than an NSX.
It has the same level of refinement (2006 FGT vs 1991 NSX)...same supple ride (given the high performance capability)...GT MIGHT be more inflexible. I say it this way because I think the NSX is very rigid...but the GT may be more so.
FGT does not have the ergonomics of the NSX (visibility (over the hood or out back), seats, etc...) but that is not it's market.

NSX is a fabulous performance street car that works well on the track.
GT is a thinly veiled race car with good road manners...and essentially no storage space.

Last edited:
I am a redneck and my redneck buddies all like the Ford GT the best. But if you chew tobacco there are no cupholders which is a total PITA. :))

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 678
Damn you Tomcat. I thought "I couldn't resist" was just a photo not an actual car!! Looks hot!

Father? Is that you?

LOL

That's a beautiful car.

I'm registered for the Mojave Mile and Magnum event this october. I'm hoping for 210-215 MPH. I'd be dissapointed if I don't break 205. That's with a few hrs of mod installation and a tune. Yeah, the GT is the shizzle.

Man I am scared of 130.... Maybe I should take off my skirt... LOL

Damn you Tomcat. I thought "I couldn't resist" was just a photo not an actual car!! Looks hot!

Recall that my NSX got hit/totalled and I am just trying to fill the hole in my heart!
I don't know what is going to take precedence when the NSX rebuild is completed???

- - - Updated - - -

I'm registered for the Mojave Mile and Magnum event this october. I'm hoping for 210-215 MPH. I'd be dissapointed if I don't break 205. That's with a few hrs of mod installation and a tune. Yeah, the GT is the shizzle.

Which pulley/tune? Are you happy with the $/results?

pulley n tune only gets you 620rwhp... that's only worth about 190mph. I've got the 3.4l whipple. making 800-rwhp. the install is so easy it's ridiculous

This car is on my radar for a future buy.

GT is a million $$ collector car only!! A white Balboni Edition Gallardo is on my radar. And much, much, lighter too!

This car is on my radar for a future buy.

Lots of smart people eyeing this car lately. Good taste with the 77' as well. My friend has a 73; we went cruising around the hill country in it last weekend. Interior is a little rough but the outside has held up extremely well and the drivetrain has very little play considering its age. His has ~60k miles.

My prediction that after the winter doldrums, the GT will be up another 20 grand overall. The number of no story cars is going down. There are many garage queens trading at crazy numbers currently. Cars with mileage are getting in excess of 200, salvage cars are going at 175. Buy now, or cry later!!!

Its happening...unrepaired/salvage one on e-bay is asking $149,000
and an already repaired all white, no stripe, low mileage FGT with salvage title is offered for $199,000 (from a reputable rebuilder).

Its happening...unrepaired/salvage one on e-bay is asking $149,000
and an already repaired all white, no stripe, low mileage FGT with salvage title is offered for $199,000 (from a reputable rebuilder).

Asking and selling it are two totally different things. :)

Asking and selling it are two totally different things. :)

my impression is they are going for close to asking these days. Teehee and to think of the price i bought mine at...

as an aside, i'm converting to E85 for a total of $699 in parts in addition to my existing supercharger and CAI. I'm reasonably confident I can make 830RWHP at $3/gallon muhuhahahahahahaha

Back