• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford GT. Thoughts?

I (personally) have "stones" :smile:...but the GT does beg for some Bridge"stone" Potenza RE050A Scuderia tires!
Yes, it does, but don't try and put the Scuderias up front, could create some additional problems!!!!

I assumed I would use them "all around".
I was planning on 265/40ZR18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N1 (Porsche) for the front and 345/35ZR19 in back.

I assumed I would use them "all around".
I was planning on 265/40ZR18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N1 (Porsche) for the front and 345/35ZR19 in back.

The 345 (rears) are the "Scuderia" tires, the fronts are not Scuderias. That's why I gave you a hard time, if you put 345's on the front, you'd have some problems!!!

The 345 (rears) are the "Scuderia" tires, the fronts are not Scuderias. That's why I gave you a hard time, if you put 345's on the front, you'd have some problems!!!

Cool...I can take sh_t...what I can't take is messing up my tire selection. I frankly did not realize they had different names. Thanks for watching out for us "young guys". :)

- - - Updated - - -

Come on up anytime!

- - - Updated - - -

We've been distracted in the mission to get TURBO2GO into a FGT!

Last edited:
Cool...I can take sh_t...what I can't take is messing up my tire selection. I frankly did not realize they had different names. Thnaks for watching out for us "young guys". :)

- - - Updated - - -

Come on up anytime!

- - - Updated - - -

We've been distracted in the mission to get TURBO2GO into a FGT!
Come on in Dave, the water's fine!!!!

Was just curious, how safe are these cars compared to Porsche and various Italians? In light of Walkers death in the Porsche would like to know.

Was just curious, how safe are these cars compared to Porsche and various Italians? In light of Walkers death in the Porsche would like to know.

Mid-engine dynamics, big horsepower, rear wheel drive, no driver/traction/computer aid...what could go wrong?
Actually, the car is sooo fast with so little drama (even the stock exhaust is quiet) that it probably easy to not notice how fast you are going and get over your head/driving skill. But respect it, like a big wave while surfing, and you WILL be rewarded!

I've been a fan of the CGT for a long time. The car's structure is safe - it's the driving dynamics and comparatively unsophisticated traction control that put you underground. Many, many, CGT owners will tell you how difficult it is to track the car compared to anything else they've driven.

2 Fun facts about the Ford GT

1. Ford engineers were so impressed with the NSX typeR shifter, they used it as their blueprint for the Ford GT shifter.
2. Kazunori Yamauchi, the creator of Sony's Gran Turismo series, has stated that the Ford GT is his all time favorite car.

Besides the Buick Grand National GNX, the Ford GT is the ONLY American car I would personally purchase.

....Besides the Buick Grand National GNX, the Ford GT is the ONLY American car I would personally purchase.

not, really a car, but.....

8207320001_large.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I've been running RE050A's on all my sports cars for years. Great choice.

there are better.... in both wet and dry. I know from experience.

Besides the Buick Grand National GNX, the Ford GT is the ONLY American car I would personally purchase.
I would normally be quick to support this, but I have to say that I would also be prepared to own a CTS-V Vagon. lol

i remember when a local dealer had the same GT on it's showroom for months, unable to sell it, discounted. i think it was green? nice paint.

The Ford GT always distinguishes itself from other mid-engine/exotic sportscars despite the similar price-point. I have it more in the realm of Carrera GT, Murcielago, and the like (vs. F430, Gallardo, R8, etc). At a starting pre-TTL $140k when brand-new, they were sitting in inventory & at times discounted noticeably. Unreal, looking back.

I believe a ~$10k MR2-Spyder, ~$30k NSX, ~$150k Ford GT, ~$200k 12C (new) to be the best-of-the-best M/R values out there! :D

I love the FGT but at the price point it has reached it is hard to justify it. A heritage GT in mint condition is listed for CGT prices. That doesn't make sense to me. IMHO a CGT is a $400K car while a FGT is a $200-225K car. Those who bought it for less than MSRP must be laughing at the prices today!

I bought below MSRP (used) and I am not laughing (for fear of upsetting the gods of market value)...I'm just driving and enjoying and hope my wife is able to get my $+ back (as it will not be sold until after I am gone).

Last edited:
What if your wife goes before you?

What if your wife goes before you?

Obviously, you're not familiar with the old saying:
You know why husbands die before their wives?

Because they want to.

BTW, I met Tom's wife, so not sure it holds true in this case!!!

Hmmm. I am sensing an opportunity for myself here. This is starting to feel like a widow dating site.

Back