• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FX500 delivery and first report

Re: C5 encounter

KGP said:
Yesterday afternoon I ran the car through emissions. We had to dial out some fuel pressue, but it did pass. Later, while enjoying a liesurely cruise on the highway, a C5 flew up om my left side, egging me on. Gave it to him. The whole can of whuuup arss. :)

Congrats on the car.......... but a C5 sheeshh no kill story there those things are already dead :)

enjoy the car
Armando

Re: C5 encounter

KGP said:
Later, while enjoying a liesurely cruise on the highway, a C5 flew up om my left side, egging me on. Gave it to him. The whole can of whuuup arss. :)

hah! I bet he wondered what the hell happened :)

Re: Re: FX 500 cost

NetViper said:
I think for the FX500 you are close to $20,000. It is a lot, but it is WAY more power than any other system out there. (minus GJ).

Is there any success with OBD2 yet?

The base FX500 starts at $18.5k. There are a host of upgrades and add-ons from there.

Our OBDII solution is up and running:)

Re: Re: Re: FX 500 cost

Factor X Motorsports said:
The base FX500 starts at $18.5k. There are a host of upgrades and add-ons from there.

what other upgrades and addons are there?

Are you guy's from Factor X going to Nsxpo?
If so are you bringing your test mule?
If so can we drive it?

How many of the 500's and 400's that you have built are going?

One last thing............when my wife calls, pretend you don't know me. :D

Sig,

Thanks for the go ahead. We have just another small favor. Since our FX500 mule is being retired and our new one is still in route, and your FX500 is near completion. After the Dynapack session, do you want us to go test it against a few cars (SC Z06, GTS, and a few supras) out here? KGP/Cerebus you guys know what we are talking about;)

Hey Mike and Ken,

Are you guys ready to blow off some single Supras, GT3s, blown ZO6s and Vipers yet in some roll ons? It will be awesome to see an NSX outrun the big dogs!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: FX 500 cost

Let's talk more about this one at Starbucks soon. I also want to talk to you guys about the Tein RAs versus the NSX-R suspensions. I think that will be my first mod.

ANYTIME said:
Yes, and Pineapple(AKA Mike) confirmed it.
Frankly, I'm suprised that FX even mentioned their obdii solution was up and runing. I was sworn to seceracy (or my car would have died :eek: :D). From talking to FX the other day, I don't think you obdii guys should start ringing the phone off the hook just yet. They want to keep testing the car it's runing on for a while longer.

I was at their shop again on Friday just to see what they're up to these days and to go over some of the details of Gene's car. It was a nice visit and reinforced my favorable impressions of them. They spend the time and effort necessary to combine their prior experience with logical R&D to do things right, and aren't afraid to tap other resources when a second opinion is called for. I'm not sure how they get as much done as they do considering the calls they patiently field, but they certainly have done a lot to make well engineered NSX turbo systems available. These are good times indeed!

Hey Gene!

Saw (or should I say heard) you running onto Manchester West from 141. Man that thing sounds down right Evil. I don't think you are going to have to ring many door bells when visiting friends!

I am pretty sure it was you - tell tale sounds of a turbo car and looking sharp.

Can't wait to see her in person / take care / hope you are enjoying her as much as the rest of us are enjoying dreaming about her.

That was me, Nick. ;) Drove the wife to our daughters soccer game at St. Joe's. When my wife got out of the car she said se felt like she just got off of Mr. Freeze at Six Flags. Hehe. I recieved few roll of the eyes from her as well. :D

I am proud to say that I just took a ride in that beast and it is sick. My brain still feels a little sqeezed from the torque. It felt like get shot out of a cannon. :eek:

It is stupid fast. The go fast crack pipe is now an airborn virus.;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: FX 500 cost

K said:
what other upgrades and addons are there?

Thank you for the inquiry however, there are literally too many options and additions to list. If you would like we could send you a short list of some of the options we offer.

prova4re said:
Are you guy's from Factor X going to Nsxpo?
If so are you bringing your test mule?
If so can we drive it?

How many of the 500's and 400's that you have built are going?

One last thing............when my wife calls, pretend you don't know me. :D

We are going to try our best to make it out there for at least two days. Unfortunately, the Surpa event in Las Vegas is the same weekend. So our “new mule” will be out there battling it out with the Supras.

There should be three 500’s out there in addition to a 3.3L.

We tell all the wives that call, that we are a technical college and your husband is donating capital for continuing education for those less fortunate. We think its better than telling them that it is a donation for Mike’s oreo and stripper foundation:)

CerberusM5 said:
Hey Mike and Ken,

Are you guys ready to blow off some single Supras, GT3s, blown ZO6s and Vipers yet in some roll ons? It will be awesome to see an NSX outrun the big dogs!

Sandy, we missed you this past Sunday. One of our LV clients with the FX500 (.6 bar) went out there and ran against a bone stock NSX. He pulled about 15-20 cars from 60-175. The stock NSX ran 140 at the bridge and the FX500 hit 175 with the driver letting off. Considering the pro-charged Z06 was trapping 165-170 it’s not too shabby. Next week he wants us to install the .9bar spring and run her again.

KGP said:
Frankly, I'm suprised that FX even mentioned their obdii solution was up and runing. I was sworn to seceracy (or my car would have died :eek: :D). From talking to FX the other day, I don't think you obdii guys should start ringing the phone off the hook just yet. They want to keep testing the car it's runing on for a while longer.

Thank you for keeping all of our secrets in tact KGP:) We do have the OBD II up and running, we are not yet releasing the solution to customers until we feel it has been properly tested. For those interested, it is a true stand alone EMS that will not require any cutting or additional hardware.

sjs said:
I was at their shop again on Friday just to see what they're up to these days and to go over some of the details of Gene's car. It was a nice visit and reinforced my favorable impressions of them. They spend the time and effort necessary to combine their prior experience with logical R&D to do things right, and aren't afraid to tap other resources when a second opinion is called for. I'm not sure how they get as much done as they do considering the calls they patiently field, but they certainly have done a lot to make well engineered NSX turbo systems available. These are good times indeed!

Sjs,

It was great seeing you again and thank you for the kind words we are doing our best. We never claimed to know everything, we would rather say we don’t know then lead someone down the wrong path. It is however an advantage having close ties with some of the gurus in the professional motorsports world that would know the answers, if we cannot come up with them. We have a great deal of respect for those that have been in this field longer than us and have proven their knowledge time and time again.

With all these calls we are going to have to set up a dedicated line for NSX owners soon:)

I would just like to say --- Factor X, you guys rule! Thanks for your continued NSX support! Maybe in the future we will be doing some business :)

Back